“FInd somewhere else.”
Review of Oceanview Inn

Oceanview Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Emerald Isle
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This place is overpriced, charging what they do for one night. When walked into room you are overcome by a stench. There were cobwebs in the bathroom, and coffee left in the coffee pot. I would never go back.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Abigail M

Reviewed 1 July 2012

This place is totally misrepresented in pictures. It is an old rundown motel where the owner put in new headboards and dressers, the carpet was nasty and the bathroom had rusty tubs. I was scheduled to stay 3 nights and when I got there it was all I could do to stay one...I proceeded to checkout the next AM and the owner, male, started yelling at me telling me there was nothing wrong with his motel. I was polite and nice and told him I just wanted my money back for the 2 nights I was not staying, first he said no refunds and then finally agreed to give me 1-1/2 nights back, needless to say the place was empty. I will never, ever recommend this place to anyone, I have never met someone in the hospitality business who was so rude, arrogant and unpleasant. He even told me that I could call the owner and complain, then laughed and told me he was the owner.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Siverone
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

It is very unfortunate to hear about your experience at the Oceanview Inn. We value each and every guest experience to ensure that our staff provides the best service possible during their stay. Our guest complaint's are taken very seriously and the staff take all necessary procedures in which to handle and resolve the situation from reoccurring. We do hope that you will stay with us again and allow us to provide you with the level of service we are known for.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This place charged luxury room rates for a second-rate motel, all because it has an "ocean view." Unfortunately the ocean is a block or so away & you can just see it from the 2nd floor. The staff was friendly, but that is the only good thing I could see about the place. It is a very old building & some paint, etc. did not cover that old look & feel. I would not stay here again. Wireless service is promised, but it sometimes takes up to 30 minutes of trying to get online - if you ever do. My advice - keep looking for a newer place to stay or an older place with reasonable rates.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rick H
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed here over the weekend for a girl's get away. The staff was soooooooo friendly, we really appreciate their tips on where to eat at! (Jordan's has really good seafood!) The hotel itself was nice. On the outside, it's a very simple motel. It's not a hike nor a long walk, but you do have to cross a parking lot to get to the beach. You won't be able to see the sand, but you can see the water from the motel.

The inside has recently been remodeled, the beds were comfortable. I got a rollaway bed that I paid $10 a night for and that was decent. I didn't feel the actual racks of the rollaway so I was pleased with that.

The only reason why I didn't give it a 5 star review is the cleanliness of the shower. Could use a little work but hopefully this is just the start of the remodel. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't shiny clean. No mold though.

I would definately stay here again! I also recommend Mike's Place for the BEST breakfast!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and could hear the people above us. If you don't mind the stairs, I...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ferrickhead28
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The staff is friendly and helpful. We brought an extra person and they were able to provide a rollaway bed.

The price was a bit high for a motel. We rented a non-smoking room, but could smell the smoke from the unit upstairs.

The closeness to the pier and beach is an advantage. The RV parking lot worked to our benefit because it was empty during our stay. My son and his friends practiced lacrosse in it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gsonewbie
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This motel was a welcome surprise. Nice location, clean room, well taken care of, the owners were very nice and the the price was great!! I hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2012

the rooms were very nice and so was the price. the people that run the inn were very polite and nice. i will for sure be back again to stay again an this was not my first time staying here and wont be my last.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emerald Isle
11 mi away
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate
Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#2 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Oceanview Inn? Share your experiences!