“A Satisfied return customer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Emerald Isle
Pebble Beach Condominiums
Burnsville, North Carolina
“A Satisfied return customer”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family has rented a condo here for the last five years. The whole experience always feels like home. Apart from the beds being a little too hard. Facility offers three pools two outdoor for hot days and an indoor pool for the kids when weather isn't good. Offers a gym and a sauna (when working) Property is located at the beginning of a beautiful bike path that runs up the entire length of Emerald Isle. There are plenty of fun activities located within walking/ biking distance. Great place to relax with the family.

Room Tip: Be sure to book your vacation with Emerald Isle Realty. They surpass their local competition.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather R

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Enjoyed the condo! Carpet and sofa worn, but to be expected for a beach rental at this good price. Expect a walk to the beach from this unit, but the complex is nice. Would stay again. Had a great, relaxing week. Love Emerald Isle!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank beachcrazychica
North Carolina
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed here with 4 adults and 2 kids and had plenty of room. Our unit was 3rd floor and had a beautiful view of the ocean and was a close walk to both pools. They also have an indoor pool if the weather isn't nice. Our unit could use some updating, furniture worn, missing blinds, very hard beds, but the location was great! Everything in the unit was in working order.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank luv2travelkms
kdmmertz
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I just returned home today and I really wish we'd had another week to spend in Emerald Isle. This was my first trip to the area so I didn't know what to expect. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the Pebble Beach complex: immediate beach access via their own walkway just past the pool. I loved the setup too--after a few hours at the beach, we could just walk back to the deck, rinse off, and jump right in the pool. The beach itself was beautiful, clean, and relatively uncrowded. The grounds are very well kept and the community was very quiet, relaxed, and family friendly. We stayed in B-206 and had a beautiful view of the ocean from our balcony (semi-oceanfront, one building back). The beds were super comfortable and the decor in the condo was very laid back and beachy. The kitchen was well-appointed, the layout of the condo was very open and roomy, and we had enough room to sleep five adults and two children. It was even stocked with a number of board games and small beach toys. My only complaints: the carpet could use a thorough cleaning, the walls need washed down or repainted due to numerous scuff marks, and some furniture is in need of replacing. Other than that, our stay was rather perfect and much more enjoyable than staying in a hotel. We rented through Bluewater Realty which I do recommend as they were very courteous and quick to respond when we had an issue with the hot water in one of the bathrooms.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank kdmmertz
Chicago
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Just got back from Emerald Isle and specifically Pebble Beach late last night. This was my first time down to Emerald Isle so wasn't sure what to expect. Also, I wound up tagging along with some friends last minute so I wasn't part of the planning so really didn't have anything to compare Pebble Beach to however my friends had stayed at other hotels down by the pier and had also rented beach houses and they all seemed somewhat disapointed by the condo as well.

Don't get me wrong, we had fun and generally when traveling I'm not one who has to have granite countertops and flat screen tv's in my room, however for the money it seemed a bit steep for what you got. The pictures online looked really nice and more modern. When we arrived you could tell the place hadn't been renovated probably since it was built. Ugly blue carpet from the 80s that looks like it had better days. Paint was chipping off the walls in the bathroom and other areas. Some of the kitchen cabinets looked to be kind of rotting away a bit. Don't get me wrong it wasn't totally disgusting, we didn't complain to managemetn or anything but just don;'t be expecting a nice new modern place in great condition.

As for the property overall, has a very nice beach also has a nice gazebo overlooking the beach you can sit at during the day to get out of the sun or sit at at night and have a few beers. Pool wasn't bad a bit on the small side, property doesn't have a hottub which is something we were really missing. There's something that looks like a hottub but it's actually a kiddy pool. Pool also closes at 10 which may be typical at other resorts I'm not sure but we wished it would have stayed open a bit later.

Property is a condo so I woudn't expect a hotel front desk or anything but there's really not much in the way of services such as rafts or anything you can use, game room, etc.

As I said this was my first time and I kinda tagged along with some friends so I didbn't do any research and don't know how this compares price wise. I do know my friends were somewhat disapointed with pebble beach compared to toher hotels nad houses they had rented in the past and from the price there's other places I would go before I would spend the kind of money they spent onthis place.

Overall though I had a good time and the place does have a nice beach and was decent size for 8 people to stay. I personally woudln't pay the money for this place that it costs however I would't pay it. I woudn't caution people not to stay here but just know what your getting and don't have your expectatiopns set to high.

3 Thank jamaicabound123123

Travellers are raving about these Emerald Isle hotels

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Rented a condo for a week in emerald Isle...Pebble Beach B107. Having fun, but the kids keep complaining about bug bites. At first, I think they are just mosquitoes, until a child catches what is obviously a flea in our "no pets" condo. In an hour, we caught enough to have a ziploc bag full of jumping fleas...but no one at Bluewater GMAC (the rental company) quite knows what to do. The plan is to send someone to spray...not what I want the kids breathing in. I will have to wash all the bed linens and clothes. Yay, vacation! No mention of a refund/moving us to another condo....we may just leave midweek and handle this from a flea-free home. No one mentioned even a partial refund for having fleas...I know there was no intent to rent us a condo that had bugs in it, but they are here (I have a bag full), and I would really rather not be living in pesticide for the last four days of the rental.

8 Thank MrsB229
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Pebble Beach is a condo development on Emerald Isle North Carolina. a minute or so from the bridge from the mainland, and situated right next to the untouched and amazing beach on the Atlantic coastline. The development itself is a number of blocks of three story apartments with either balconies or patios on the ground floors. Ground/first floor condos are all one bedrooms, the 2nd floor appear to be two bedrooms condos, the second bedroom being a galleried area above the living room access is by a spiral staircase so keep his mind if your planning on having young children up in this room. The third floor apartments are studios. There is lots of parking all around the development for cars and even boats if you have towed one to the island.

We have been coming to Pebble Beach on and off now for a number of years with the family and the key is to do your research on what is available at the time that you want to rent. As all of the condos appear to be privately owned, standards in each if the condos do differ and if your unlucky you could easily get one that's tired and not looked after. My advice would be to call the Realtor and get up to date photos of the condo your thinking of renting. Make 100 percent certain that the are up today's and not from when the development was built, 30 years ago! Ask the Realtor's advice of which units they have on their books, have been recently updated, and make your decisions based on this or other personal recommendations.

The development itself has 2-3 swimming pools, both indoor and outdoor, so if the weather is not good you can still have a swim. Disappointingly the sauna was apparently broken when we recently stayed. The grounds and car parking areas were really well kept and there is no litter.

Pebble Beach is a good development that is obviously looked after by the management company. Just do you homework on the actual unit that you plan to stay in and you will be okay. If you don't and just take pot luck, you could be easily be very disappointed.

8 Thank Rinkydinkpinkpanther
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emerald Isle
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn
Islander Inn & Suites
Islander Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Emerald Isle

Been to Pebble Beach Condominiums? Share your experiences!