“Eh.”
Review of Portofino Ristorante & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Portofino Ristorante & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.ncbeaches.com/CrystalCoast/EmeraldIsle/Restaurants/ItalianRestaurants/PortofinoRistoranteWineBar/
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Eh.”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Although the restaurant was able to accommodate our large family (24), and the waitstaff was friendly, that's about all that is good about this place. It's ala carte and the portions are average to on the smaller size. I truly hate when I have to pay $6 for a tiny side salad that should be included with my meal. Because there were so many of us, I'm sure we had everything on the menu. I ate Chicken Marsala (my personal favorite) and the chicken tasted like low-end chinese food that was fried and crispy, NOT SAUTEED! The sauce was ridiculously sweet and I doubt it was even real marsala wine in there. Pretty horrible. My husband had Arrabiata and said it was NOT real Italian sausage, the pasta was overcooked and mushy and the sauce was mediocre. Comments from some of my other family members: Salmon "over cooked", chicken parmigiana "dry and tasteless", Chicken Piccata "bland", Swordfish "just ok" and Carbonara "pretty good". I know we are spoiled with wonderful Italian food up North but this didn't even come close. All the drinks were watered down and they couldn't even make a Shirley Temple for the kids right (used seltzer water instead of sprite- yuck). Don't waste your money.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank S B

Columbus, Ohio
“1st time visitor to this part of island.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Food was very good especially the lasagna. Restaurant was only a few minutes from where I stayed on Ocean drive in Deer Horn dunes. Would recommend to others.

albany,ny
“Average food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Food was so so, portions a bit small for Italian and for the money. One big room for dining, no music made dining a bit awkward.

Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
“A little different Italian”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants on Emerald Isle. It has more than your typical Italian food. The last time we were there I had a tuna steak with oysters and a Thai chili sauce. The oysters were some of the best I ever had.

Others in our group had Eggplant Brindisi (layered eggplant with spinach, cheese and roasted red peppers); seafood vodka; chicken & broccoli alfredo; and black & bleu steak. All were delicious.

Cary, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Experience in all Aspects”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Waitress showed up at table with dirty apron and serving tray, would understand if late and restaurant was busy, but was not true. Dinner special was over cooked and Chicken Cabonara was over done with sauce. Will never go back, visited 7/14.

Visited July 2013