“Just 'OK'” 3 of 5 bubbles

Rocky River, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just 'OK'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Family of 4 spending a week in Emerald Isle...just a night out for dinner. We thought the place looked ok.

Parking lot was full but there weren't many people in the restaurant, it was around 7PM on a Wednesday night.

Draft beer selection was pretty good. We attempted to order an appetizer (fried pickles) and was told they were "out." My wife was interested in the "soup of the day" but was told "their soup warmer was broken." OK...we ordered pretty safe stuff, burgers, salads, kids meal..etc.

The food was good, nothing spectacular. Onion rings were unique, and my daughter really liked the chili on her burger.

We probably will not come here again just because there are other places to try.

• Visited June 2014

Durham, North Carolina
“You got to order the right things!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love this place. I have had the chili, (just great) the hot dogs like no one else has ever served me,the onion rings are a meal as well. Cold beer, friendly waitresses, ate there twice in one day, once at lunch alone and then with my wife for supper.
Very busy at night in season so expect to wait. Bob Ross

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank robert r
“NFL Ticket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We went in for the first time this Sunday to watch football. The service was very good the food selection was fun and all 5 of us had something different from wings to salad. Everyone liked their good. We wee able to watch 2 different games from our booth then moved to the bar for multiple games. We are adding this place to our lunch list for our next visit. Hope they can survive the winter with locals so we can enjoy this place for many years to come. It is worth searching out in my opinion

Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Eh.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was so excited when this place opened. I was hoping for more. The interior is beautiful, I thought the TVs in each booth was a little overkill though. The best thing was the onion rings. I got fish tacos, my bf got the cheesesteak with mac and cheese, and the pretzels as an appetizer. It was a ton of food. But I wish it tasted good. The fish on the taco was hard and mysteriously shaped like it came from a frozen bag and had no flavor. I was looking forward to the mac and cheese... Nope. Alfredo with Colby jack.... Ehhhckk. The pretzels had no taste. And served with that plasticy fake cheese sauce, the cheesesteak was too. I'll give it another shot, but I hope the food improves. Next time I'll probably just get a beer at the bar with some onion rings.

• Visited August 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Cool Place Food Needs Work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

A buddy and I went to the Sharks Den for lunch. It has a great atmosphere and is a cool place to watch a ball game. It is bright and open. It is a great addition to the island.

I had the cheese steak and my buddy had the burger. The burger was really greasy which is unusual for a place that grinds their own burgers. The frys were also really greasy. I will give it another chance but will not order the cheese steak or the burger again. It is also pricey!Good Luck!

• Visited September 2013