“So good I went back twice!”
Review of RuckerJohns

RuckerJohns
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Emerald Isle
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I went there twice but only ate the shrimp and grits because they are AMAZING! The first time I went was later on a Thursday night in late May - it was really low key that night - I was alone and ate at the bar. The service was great. I went back on Saturday night and we had to wait about an hour for a table. The sea turtles are swimming around in the back and it's located in a little shopping plaza so the wait wasn't too bad. We had two little ones (under the age of 2) with us on Saturday night and it seems to be a rather family friendly place. I wouldn't go there on a weekend evening if you want to have a quiet romantic dinner but it was great for the family dinner. Visiting from Washington DC, I found the prices to be quite reasonable. I can't stress this enough - try the shrimp and grits!

1  Thank Eriny44

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I really enjoyed the food here. I got the calamari appetizer, and it was great. I had the shrimp and pineapple flatbread for my meal, and it was absolutely delicious.

I don't quite remember, but we went on a Wednesday or Thursday around 4:30 p.m., and we still had to wait for a table for like 20 minutes. I was kind of surprised because there are a lot of tables, plus outdoor seating. Make sure you go early. The restaurant was so loud during dinner. But our waitress was so great to us. Great service.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ate here on 6-22-14 while on vacation. The wait wasn't bad, and our waitress was quick to get our drinks and take our order.

2 of us had the fried shrimp, which was about 16.00 and came with 2 sides. The other 2 had the basic burger, which was round 10.00. There was plenty to eat, however, the shrimp were a little spicy for me, and maybe should be noted on the menu that it has some heat. The guys said the burgers were really good and filling.

Not a bad place for a decent meal at a reasonable price.

1  Thank PCagle4
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I liked the menu because you could order just about anything. They had vegetarian healthy choices. The cost was reasonable and evryone in our party liked what they ordered. Service was great!

1  Thank drumgirl50
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Really a good dinner. Everything my family ordered was very tasty and well prepared. Waitress Gabriella was fantastic. Best waitress I ever had . Very personable. Definitely one of the better restaurants in emerald isle.

1  Thank Kenneth S