“Return visit is a must!!”
Review of Inn at Wintersun

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairview
Inn at Wintersun
Ranked #1 of 1 Fairview B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the Inn at Wintersun. Nina helped make this weekend simply amazing! The Inn is beautiful and sits on a piece of property that is secluded but yet still close enough to everything! Nina was able to suggest some wonderful places to eat and visit within minutes of the inn. We loved every minute of our stay and were already planning our return visit before leaving! We strongly recommend visiting this beautiful home and enjoy everything that Nina and Ray have to offer!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any of the 5 rooms! The suite is amazing...and the bathroom is to die for...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inn at Wintersun

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I had a fabulous stay at the Inn at Wintersun this autumn. We were warmly welcomed by Nina from the first email that we sent to book our accommodation, and the moment the driveway gates opened we were immediately enchanted by this spectacular property!

Once you arrive at the Inn on the top of the hill, you experience a growing sense of peacefulness and serenity as you as you walk through the fabulous porch, impeccably decorated rooms and colorful gardens. Nina is a wonderful hostess, and extremely knowledgeable about the area. The Inn at Wintersun is a few miles outside the center of Asheville and we loved that! It was wonderful to be so close to all of the fun restaurants and activities that Asheville offers, but we enjoyed the quietness of the Inn at night, waking up to breathtaking views, and taking long walks on the property’s private trails after breakfast.

Nina mentioned that the Inn can also be rented to host small parties, family reunions, retreats and it would be the perfect setting for those types of events. Highly recommended – you will enjoy every minute that you stay at this Inn. We hope to head back soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Perfection is the only way to describe my stay at Wintersun. My boyfriend and I enjoyed two amazing nights in the master suite and it blew my expectations completely away! The inn is truly a masterpiece and Nina makes sure you feel right at home from the moment that you arrive. I appreciated that the suite was so spacious and offered a private entrance onto the porch. I loved waking up each morning to the gorgeous views of the blue ridge mountains as I had coffee on the porch swing. Unfortunately, the weather kept us from hiking the many of the trails, but we still enjoyed all that the grounds had to offer. If you're looking for a relaxing place to unwind and slow down then I would highly recommend the Inn at Wintersun. I'm already anticipating our next visit!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at the Inn 15 years ago and had an amazing time. My husband surprised me with a return trip for my 40th birthday. We had a wonderful time and the hospitality was outstanding. We stayed in the same room, which was as beautiful as I remembered. We hiked the trails on the property and enjoyed the view. We will absolutely return for a third trip to the Inn at Wintersun.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My three roommates from college just spent the weekend at Wintersun and it was awesome! The accommodations couldn't have been lovelier and the inn keeper was a gem. Wintersun has gorgeous grounds including safe and fun hiking trails, nearby pastures with roaming horses, breathtaking views of blue ridge mountains. The porch is perfect for reading, talking or having a glass of wine. Every room is decorated with beautiful antiques and handsome accent pieces. Everyone who stays there feels like family, especially when you enjoy a home-cooked breakfast together, and by the time you leave, you will be sad to leave your new friends. Don't miss this hidden treasure just minutes from Asheville.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn G
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I will try and start somewhere because I have so much to say. Ok, first I was soooo happy I could bring my 18 yr old Chihuahua to this amazing bed n breakfast. She had a blast running around the beautiful yard, oh then there's the horse pasture and when we were there the leaves were just starting to turn color and it was so beautiful. Inside the B & B was the most gracious inn keeper Nina who made our stay extra special and there's extra wine on hand too in case you didn't bring enough. The rooms all had their own bathroom which I loved, the beds were the yummiest most comfortablest beds I've ever laid on in my life. I felt so pampered, then just out back is a beautiful waterfall that is lit up at night and it was my little dogs favorite too. We felt so much like family here and very accepted especially being a gay couple it was nice to see that no one cared about that here. There are so many beautiful hiking trails ( clearly marked) and a labyrinth that is so breathtaking. I am telling all my friends to come stay at Wintersun because it's the most relaxing place on earth

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

When we planned our trip to North Carolina we wanted to experience the beauty of the mountains and escape from the hustle and bustle of the city; Inn at Wintersun provided just that. The Inn is perfect, beautiful and comfortable. Sitting on the grand front porch with fabulous mountain and meadow views or walking on one of the many serene trails, was just what my husband and I needed. The Innkeeper Nina is an absolute jewel. She was the perfect hostess, knowing all the right places to go. The Inn was not only immaculate, but the decor was elegant yet comfortable. Breakfast was scrumptious both mornings. We will definitely visit again.
Sharon and George - Fort Worth, Tx

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview
Brookstone Lodge
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Arbor House of Black Mountain
Arbor House of Black Mountain
#1 of 8 in Black Mountain

Been to Inn at Wintersun? Share your experiences!