“Awed by the majesty of Wintersun!”
Review of Inn at Wintersun

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairview
Inn at Wintersun
Ranked #1 of 1 Fairview B&B and Inns
“Awed by the majesty of Wintersun!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Our stay was heavenly! The grounds are unbelievable, and the inn is luxuriously comfortable. The waterfall, the trails,the views from the porch, they are all wonderful. Clean and tidy. Will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Our group of 5 couples from various parts of the country vacation every year to a different location. We hit the jack-pot this past September for 7 days at Wintersun. The Asheville surrounding area is a beautiful place set in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Asheville city area also has a lot to offer with the Biltmore House and an active downtown area. The highlight for us, however, was Wintersun. The house is beautifully decorated and spacious. All 5 bedrooms were large and well furnished. The 100+ acre grounds are well maintained with meadows, streams, and woods in a country setting. You can just sit and relax on the porch all day overlooking the property. Wintersun's location also allows easy access to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Chimney Rock, and Asheville restaurants.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

To say that a stay at the Inn at Wintersun is exceptional is an understatement. Nothing could have prepared us for how amazing our stay was from beginning to end. It has been awhile since I could say that I had a truly remarkable experience that will be a cherished memory for a lifetime. We won our stay in a charity silent auction (the first of many signs that the owners and Nina the innkeeper are wonderful people) and we were still treated like true customers of the inn. The place casts a spell on you. Every care and worry in the world went away for those few days. Every detail, every aspect of our stay was perfection. I cannot recommend enough that you stay, you will not be sorry. We’re already planning to bring members of our family for a long weekend later in the year. Though you may not even want to leave the grounds, there are so many interesting and fun things to do in and around Asheville and Fairview.

Room Tip: Every room in the house is worthy, but if you can, splurge on the "Master Suite".
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My Husband and I celebrated our 34 years of Marriage at Wintersun the weekend of November 15th. All the positive reviews that have been written about this place are spot on. Our personal experience there was enchanting. The weather was lacking but the Inn gave off it's own light and warmth. We had the entire Inn to ourselves. This was unexpected due to changes in other guest's plans. We had booked a room upstairs but Nina surprised us with an upgrade to the large suite as her gift to us for our anniversary. We got the Biltmore package and Nina was most helpful in setting up our reservations for the Candlelight tour of Biltmore and Dinner reservations at The Corner Kitchen which made for a very romantic evening. Nina the Inn keeper is a lovely young woman that I connected with on many levels. We enjoyed the amazing breakfast she prepared for us each morning with very fresh ingredients. Since my husband and I were the only guests that weekend we ate in the cozy breakfast nook and got to chat with Nina as she prepared the meal. We also got to meet her wonderful boyfriend Ray and her two friendly dogs. Being a very spiritual person the Inn offered a place to connect with God and Nature. To make a long story short, I wrote this quote about Wintersun. "Wintersun whispers mysterious messages to those who listen." I personally recommend Wintersun to anyone who is looking for a beautiful private retreat for a romantic get away, wedding, socials, large family get together, girls or guys retreats. 15 to 20 minutes to downtown Asheville and The Bilmore Estate. All the pictures people have posted show the beauty of the Inn and the property. I personally feel that you do not choose Wintersun. Wintersun chooses you.

Room Tip: The rooms are true to the websites' description. Study the pictures and all information when ch...
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the Inn at Wintersun. Nina helped make this weekend simply amazing! The Inn is beautiful and sits on a piece of property that is secluded but yet still close enough to everything! Nina was able to suggest some wonderful places to eat and visit within minutes of the inn. We loved every minute of our stay and were already planning our return visit before leaving! We strongly recommend visiting this beautiful home and enjoy everything that Nina and Ray have to offer!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any of the 5 rooms! The suite is amazing...and the bathroom is to die for...
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I had a fabulous stay at the Inn at Wintersun this autumn. We were warmly welcomed by Nina from the first email that we sent to book our accommodation, and the moment the driveway gates opened we were immediately enchanted by this spectacular property!

Once you arrive at the Inn on the top of the hill, you experience a growing sense of peacefulness and serenity as you as you walk through the fabulous porch, impeccably decorated rooms and colorful gardens. Nina is a wonderful hostess, and extremely knowledgeable about the area. The Inn at Wintersun is a few miles outside the center of Asheville and we loved that! It was wonderful to be so close to all of the fun restaurants and activities that Asheville offers, but we enjoyed the quietness of the Inn at night, waking up to breathtaking views, and taking long walks on the property’s private trails after breakfast.

Nina mentioned that the Inn can also be rented to host small parties, family reunions, retreats and it would be the perfect setting for those types of events. Highly recommended – you will enjoy every minute that you stay at this Inn. We hope to head back soon!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Perfection is the only way to describe my stay at Wintersun. My boyfriend and I enjoyed two amazing nights in the master suite and it blew my expectations completely away! The inn is truly a masterpiece and Nina makes sure you feel right at home from the moment that you arrive. I appreciated that the suite was so spacious and offered a private entrance onto the porch. I loved waking up each morning to the gorgeous views of the blue ridge mountains as I had coffee on the porch swing. Unfortunately, the weather kept us from hiking the many of the trails, but we still enjoyed all that the grounds had to offer. If you're looking for a relaxing place to unwind and slow down then I would highly recommend the Inn at Wintersun. I'm already anticipating our next visit!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview
Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East
Haywood Park Hotel
Haywood Park Hotel
#2 of 65 in Asheville
Village Hotel on Biltmore Estate

Been to Inn at Wintersun? Share your experiences!