“Missing items from my room- Manager extremely rude- Will take further action”

Wingate by Wyndham Fayetteville/Fort Bragg
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I am a business traveler- I have stayed at Wingate by Wydham properties before. This trip was very concerning to me in that I wound up having something missing from my room during my stay here. Very concerning and disturbing the way it was handled.-I had a 3 day stay at this property and on the 2nd. day I noticed I was missing something from the room. I spoke with the manager at the time, who really did not seem to show much concern or care. I felt the need to remove all of my personal items from the room that morning, even though I was staying for one more night- so I did just that- I packed everything of mine and took it out with me when I went out for the day to conduct business. When I returned that evening, I filled out a report form and left it at the front desk- I asked to speak with the manager but he had already left for the day. I asked the front desk attendant to have the manager call me when he had a chance to discuss further. Well I left the following morning and the manager never contacted me after that. I called back to follow up with him and left him a message- he did finally return my call but his demeanor on the phone was anything but professional. He kept talking over me, not really allowing me to be heard. he also insinuated that I probably "never had the items in the room" to begin with. At the end of the "conversation" I asked him what could be done and he basically told me nothing. I told him I would follow up on this and while I was speaking he just continued speaking over me in a louder tone saying he knew my name. Very rude and Very unprofessional.-

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
JohnSeneca, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

You had a reservation with us from April 22 to April 25, 2014. You stopped by the front desk and spoke with me in reference to a missing bag from your room. I explained that I would review the video footage and check the key lock readings and find out what had occurred. When you spoke with me the morning of April 24th, you told me this was a small personal hygiene bag, but when you spoke to one of the desk agents the following day, you told her it was a large professional makeup case that you use for professional applications and it's contents were worth hundreds of dollars. The security review happened that same morning and the results were present at the front desk for you the remainder of your stay. I had printed out the digital key lock reading from your room and it clearly showed that your room key (no copies were made) was the only key utilized to open your door during the time period you claim the bag was stolen. The security video footage showed that you are the only person removing bags from the room during the time you claimed the theft happened. As I explained over the phone, this isn't hear say, and I'm not taking one person's word over another. This is hard video and digital evidence that you are the only one to remove any items from the room. When I explained that information to you, your demeanor changed and you attempted to extort the money from me by saying that if we didn't pay you for this bag that you would essentially slander the hotel to everyone you knew and post reviews, like this, online.

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Fayetteville/Fort Bragg

Reviewed 25 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We have been staying off base for drill ever since they privatized the military hotels and raised the rates to equal those of the off-base hotels. The ones on Bragg can't compare to the private hotels. We have tried many hotels over the last two years but now stay exclusively at Wingate. Staff is friendly, hotel is very clean and the breakfast is good, especially being complimentary. The proximity to several good restaurants is a big plus. Mash House is right next door and several other options are easily within walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel! We really are blessed to be located in the heart of Fayettevile, close to Fort Bragg, shopping malls, and numerous restaurants. Thank you for noting the quality of our staff members - they do strive to make your stay the best it can possibly be. Again, thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Asked for the same rate that I get in Greensboro nc which is $89.00 best they would do was $100.00 other than that we loved the place and would stay again

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!