“Great place to stay !”

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great place to stay !”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree (Fayetteville NC) during my college homecoming weekend in October. Additionally I served on the committee that booked the hotel's catering, ballroom, etc for our alumni festivities.

Check-in was done by a courteous desk clerk in a speedy time frame. It's true--they do give out those warm chocolate chip cookies (yum) !

Our first floor room was nicely furnished, roomy and clean. We had a microwave and refrigerator which was convenient. The bed was so comfortable w/ lots of fluffy pillows.

I did not eat in the restaurant but did enjoy the refreshments (heavy Hors deveres) catered for our festivities. The food served to us in the ballroom was hot & tasty & always attractively displayed. We were given many choices to select. The manager & waitresses were great !

This is a great place to reserve for a wedding reception, business conference, etc.
It is close to I-95 , a variety of restaurants--Shoney's, McDonalds & Cracker barrel just to name a few , several other hotels and a gas station is just across the street.
I highly recommend this hotel--it is a great place to stay !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hebrew first
Bethel, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I've been going to this location for four years as part of the leadership for a United amethodist youth gathering called Pilgrimage in November. The Doubletree each year has made an awesome home base for our "sleeping" hours not just for me but several groups that come part of 5000+ that invade Fayetteville for the weekend. Thanks Doubletree for being our host.

Only complaint I don't get HHonors points.

Room Tip: Couples should go for the jr suite for a little extra space.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Selected this hotel based on proximity to I-95. It was nice and clean with one, and I repeat one, small elevator in the lobby. Oddly enough, only two luggage carts were available. I know the elevator and the luggage carts are small things and shouldn't detract from the real value of this hotel. It was a bit noisy but it was homecoming weekend for one of the local colleges. Food from room service was fast and excellent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here with the idea of being able to get a good night's sleep before getting back on the road. I was pleased with the price and how clean it was, and the front desk staff when we were checking were very pleasant. Now, that said, don't stay here if you want to sleep! Our room was on the 3rd floor directly over where the staff has their smoking area and takes their breaks. There was loud talking, cursing and laughter every half hour all night long. We called down to the front desk at one point, only for them to call back about 5 mins later to tell us that they didn't see anyone outside. A half hour later, they were back at it again. Upon check out in the morning, we were asked if our stay was acceptable, and we informed them again about this problem. The front desk staff in the morning acted like they were totally clueless about the trouble from the previous night. Very disappointed in this Hilton Hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the front of the hotel!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeFayNC, Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, since we work hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience. We see that noise was an issue during your stay. While we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we also encourage guests to contact the front office so that we can address noise issues to ensure comfort and safety. We are sorry that other guests interrupted your comfort and we’ve shared your review with our evening shift and overnight managers on duty. We hope that the next time you return to the area you’ll stay with us again.
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree for business and had a great stay. There is a nice bar/resturant downstairs and the staff was very professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a hotel in the Fayettville area. The hotel is close to I-95 and downtown. I will stay here again when in the area.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Derikk T
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Husband and I stayed overnight at the doubletree during our drive to Florida.
We were surprised how pleasant our stay. The hotel is very clean ,modern with good amenities.It was large with two queen beds
The bed, including the pillows,we're incredibly comfortable.. I asked for a quiet room,as it is close to I95. No problem at all with noise.
There is a decent restaurent in the hotel, . There is a chain restaurant ie, ruby Tuesday just across the street which is less expensive.
Breakfast is not included and it is a little more expensive than the typical hotel along I95 .
In my opinion, it is worth it.

Room Tip: I do not think that there are spa services. Unfortunately, I could not remove from review.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We arrived late as we were driving across country and got sleepy. This hotel is beautifully appointed with tastefully hip turquoises and rusts. The staff were very friendly. Unfortunately, our experience went south early in the morning when we tried to take showers. No hot water! Ran the tap for some time but never got beyond lukewarm.

Called the staff Care Line and the cheerful attendant revealed that the faucets are "somewhat tricky" and offered to send someone up. We declined, as we had to be on our way. There was something in her voice that made me believe that she's gotten the no hot water call before and was trying to deal with it as best she could.

We tried the faucet again but nothing the undesirable frigid stream that we found to chilly to endure. Other than that, it's a great place. Might want to call in advance and ask if they've gotten their hot water issue resolved before booking...

Free continental breakfast that was just okay. You can upgrade to full breakfast for $5, which I did. Standard fare: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and fried potatoes with peppers and onions. Nothing special but you can't beat the price for a quick breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family