“Take my advice...”

Dining options: Reservations
Media, Pennsylvania
“Take my advice...”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Please take my advice if you exit your car and are hit in the nose with the stench of urine get back in said car and drive away. Unfortunately this first warning sign in the parking lot of Joe's was ignored by me. Somehow I was not expecting an actual filthy dirty shack even if the word, "Shack" appears in its name. I had to flick pieces of food off the chair before sitting and some of it seemed to be baked on. Do I really have to tell you the table was sticky? I think you get the picture. We ordered the crab nachos which had a white gloppy mess on the top and not one atom of crab. I can only imagine this must be what chum tastes like. My Caesar salad with a crab cake arrived with what I thought was a bar coaster on top. One taste of this wilted fiasco and I have to apologize for insulting all bar coasters everywhere. Just when I thought it could not get any worse, upon exiting this establishment what should be sitting right in the center of the top step? A dead roach being devoured by hundreds of ants. At least someone was enjoying the food at Joe's.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MJW1102

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Meh.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I ate here twice over a two week trip to Fayetteville. On my first visit, I had Queen crab and was seated in the restaurant. I like crab, but I don't love it the way some do; I find that it's a lot of work to eat it. The crab was good but the fire-grilled seasoning - recommended by the server - made the meal less enjoyable. She kept asking if I found it too hot...no, just waaay too salty. Overall, she was very helpful though, or at least tried to be. On my second visit I was seated at the bar and had the stuffed snapper. The fish was okay, but the service was awful as I was largely ignored for the 30 minutes or so that I stayed there. And when I left $42 cash for a $27 tab and asked for $10 back, I got it one ones. Really? You thought that your service was that great that a $5 tip wasn't enough? I took my stack of ones and left...and I wouldn't go back. There are a lot of great places to eat within a five minute drive from Joe's, this place isn't one of them.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Dinner for two”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The place was busy. It took 30 minute to get drinks and about an hour for food. The waiter was preoccupied with dancing. I guess it was entertainment (not). I guess if you are out to drink and hang out with friends, it might be just the place but to have a quiet dinner for two... I don't think so.

“A club atomosphere”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Went to dine in with my daughter and grandkids, at 8:00pm had to sign in due to busy night after waited to be seated 45mins,after being seated it took waitress Nasha 35more minutes to bring our table water and drinks her appearance look terrible her attitude was rude, after waited additional 45 more minutes to get our food when it did arrive it was very ice cold didn't receive all of our food I spoke to a young black lady manager and explained to her about the situation she didn't seem to care and kept trying care to explain that they were out of dungeon crab legs after I asked to speak to the general manager it took her 20mins to arrive when she did she said what seem be the problem we get all of our food and ice brick cold, she offer to get more food and discount the bill, after the young black manager lied bout the dungeon crabs they put some in the plate that the general manager gave me to go. This place sucks management sucks, it is like a club and party place for teenagers dancing around tables shaking their tales and loud volume music you can't hear your self even talk

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Decent”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just decent! The service was okay and the young lady was very nice. Now lets to get to it!! Way WAY over priced!! The food is just okay nothing special. I forgot the name of the bucket I got but I had one lobster,3 clusters of crab legs which included corn and potatoes. If you plan on taking the entire family make sure to stop by the scrap yard and pawn shop to drop off a few things if you dont want to wash dishes. To be that far from the coast and charge that much is just crazy. I can spend money on gas and drive to the coast and get a better meal and better food and still have money left over!

• Visited July 2013