“Steak here is best bet”

Luigi's Italian Chophouse and Bar
Ranked #3 of 555 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Established in 1982, Luigi’s has established itself as one of Fayetteville’s best Restaurants, focusing on high-quality cuisine at very moderate prices. We specialize in hand cut Black Angus steaks and chops, homemade Sauces, pan sautéed pasta dishes, and fresh fish daily. In addition to our main dining rooms, we also offer patio dining and a comfortable bar and lounge area, all set in a casual but upscale atmosphere. We have a wide selection of spirits, bottled and local draft beers, as well as an award winning wine list with over 300 different selections of both imported and domestic wines. Discerning patrons come from all over to savor our delicious food, drink and atmosphere. And they continue to come back because there is no other place quite like it. We invite you to come and enjoy the experience of Luigi's!
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Dinner here on a Thursday nite. Restaurant was busy but seated right away with a reservation. Adam did an excellent Jodi as waiter. Offered tastings of 2 wines by the glass. Decided on the Shiraz ,very good. Calamari was overlooked,but edible. She crab soup was excellent. Presalad good. Ribeye steak med well with peppercorn was one of the best in a long time. Cooked just right and a great cut of meat. If you go highly recommend the ribeye. Veal parmigiana was not as good. Veal was tasteless and tough and the side order of pasta was just fair. So, the steak is your best bet

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Food was great. Little pricey but we knew that going as we wanted somewhere to dress up a bit. We had a bit of a wait and the manager just randomly offered us free desert because of it. Great customer service

1  Thank minnievw67
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The food was outstanding and Preston (waiter) didn't disappoint when he said it was linebacker sized. Preston provided a great night for the wife and I on a special trip.

We'll be back on Thursday for wine tasting night.

1  Thank Gene G
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited Luigis last night (June 6, 2014). We called ahead before we arrived to make a reservation. The gentleman on the phone was very polite and took down my info along with our arrival time.

When we arrived there was no one manning the hostess station. A female came up to the hostess station and asked how many, ect. We told her we had a reservation and she found it on the list and confirmed by saying my last name. She walked away as if she was finding a table and said she will be right back.

About 30 seconds later after she walked away a heavy set female (I'm guessing who normally works at the check in station) walked up. Immediately she said "what is your name". Quite rude. I told her the other lady already is taking care of us. Immediately she said "well I am here now and I'm taking over". Wow a power tripping hostess. How hard can your job really be? First impressions are the best and she ruined it. The best part was there was other customers around when she decided to show her ... And she really embarrassed herself.

On to the food. The cheese sticks, salad, and bread were great. My wife ordered spaghetti which is "ok". The noodles were cooked to long where they become hard. The sauce was,...ragu tasting. I ordered the chicken Alfredo which was not the best but not the worst.

The servings were plentiful and the waiter was nice.

I will say that we won't be returning and I will mention this review to all of my coworkers who decide to visit here. My opinion is your money is best spent somewhere else.

5  Thank sstephen07
LUIGISinFay, Public Relations Manager at Luigi's Italian Chophouse and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

First, we would like to apologize for your experience at Luigi's last week. Secondly, we appreciate your feedback so that we can correct our mistakes. We could not agree more on the importance of first impressions as well as one's entire dining experience. One of our most important goals is to make certain that our guests return with our service and food. However, it seems we failed in your last visit. We are terribly sorry and would like the opportunity for you to give us another try. If you would be so kind to send us your mailing address to linda.luigisnc@nc.rr.com. we would be grateful to be given the chance. Again, we apologize for our shortcomings and thank you for taking the time to inform us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Besides the variety seating and dining environments, the most extensive wine list in town and the most authentic Italian dishes. Luigi's has the best steaks by far. As a native Texan from Fort Worth, I know the dynamics of a good steak and Luigi's cuts are the best. They know the difference between medium rare and medium. After recently eating at a Ruth's Chris steak house and ordering the T-bone I was immediately comparing it to Luigi's at home. Not only was the Luigi's steak a better cut, but it $4 less and 2oz. larger. If you order your steak well-done or poor some type of sauce on your steak, then don't bother paying the price for this quality beef because Golden Corral and/or Western Sizzlin will taste the same. If you enjoy beef then you don't want to miss out on a steak during your stay in the All-American city of Fayetteville/Fort Bragg. Enjoy

2  Thank Troy H