We stayed here recently for a sporting tournament. This hotel was listed as part of the available lodging. We were lucky to be able to check-in early, and the front desk day staff were friendly. Our room was two bedrooms and two baths and the layout was nice and roomy. The only quirk with the room was that in the master bedroom, the TV was bolted to the dresser and did not swivel like the other TVs, so in order to view the TV comfortably from the bed, I had to pull the entire dresser out and turn it towards the bed. Some of the furnishings were a little dated and there were stains on the kitchen table that we couldn't remove. The bathrooms were clean.
The hotel itself is in a shopping area and a little confusing to access since you basically are right next to the Sams/Wal-Mart (high chain-link fence separating) and enter the same driveway or go one light down and enter between two restaurants. Once you do it a few times, it gets easier.
The breakfast was decent, but pretty crowded with some many sports teams. Only wish they would have had salsa or shredded cheese with the scrambled eggs. That has been a new thing for me when eggs are bland - give it a try.
The only gripe we had was with the lady at the front desk the first night. The breakfast normally starts at 7:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays, but some sports teams needed to be at the field by 7:15 so it was impossible to have the kids eat prior to playing. We asked if breakfast could be started at 6:30, at least the cold things like cereal and milk. The woman adamantly said "no" the manager specifically said "no" to this request. We asked to see the manager and she just pointed to his name on the wall. I made a note of the manager's name. In the past, when we run into this type of time constraint with a hotel sponsoring a sporting event, they make exceptions or even set up a breakfast in a separate meeting room... so we were surprised with her attitude and answer.
But, I am happy to report the breakfast WAS started earlier the next morning - only wish we had known that in advance. We were still able to quickly grab something while going out the door.
I'm a Marriott Rewards member and like to stay at Residence Inns for the extra room and full kitchens, but with so many choices in the Fayetteville area, not sure we would chose this location again??? There are tons of places to eat close-by and with Wal-Mart right next door, it's easy to buy food and cook in your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott-Fayetteville Cross Creek is your home away from home. Our suites include fully equipped kitchens and separate living, eating and sleeping areas. Enjoy a complimentary full hot breakfast buffet daily and evening Mix (Mon-Wed) complete with complimentary appetizers, beer and wine. We also have an indoor pool & spa, onsite exercise room, wireless internet, a sports court and laundry facilities for our guest pleasure and convenience. Guests also enjoy the 3 surrounding restaurants in which they can walk to: Memphis BBQ, Logan's Roadhouse and Cracker Barrel. The Residence Inn is the closest all-suite hotel to Fort Bragg. Come on over and experience our excellence! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott - Fayetteville Cross Creek Hotel Fayetteville
- Residence Inn Fayetteville
- Marriott Fayetteville
- Fayetteville Residence Inn
- Fayetteville Marriott