“Artillery Reunion”

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Merrimac, Wisconsin
“Artillery Reunion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Residence Inn hosted our reunion, June 2014. Clearly the rooms and staff were on top of their game and we were accommodated in every way possible. Our rooms were clean and spacious and the meals provided (breakfast and dinner) were adequate. The servers were terrific and I wish I had a chance to thank them personally. We had a dinner catered in their meeting room and if there was an issue it was that we were not made clear on how small the meeting room was. That could just as easily been our mistake for not making it clear how many we would be feeding. All that said, if down in the Fayetteville area again I would not hesitate to book this location again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Arnie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your review! We are glad that our hotel and the level of service and accommodation met the needs of your Group reunion. We sincerely hope that you'll stay at our hotel again on a future trip. Thank you for allowing to serve you. Lastly, we want to thank you for the service that you and others members of the 27th Artillery Unit did for our country. We were honored by hosting such a great group of brave men.

Kind Regards,

Arnie Garcia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington DC Metro Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Residence Inn is the nicest of the three Marriott properties that I've stayed at in this area. The TownPlace Suites actually shares a parking lot with this property and the Courtyard is one exit down the road off of Sycamore. The Residence has it's usual full kitchen (a little bit more functional than the kitchens in the TownPlace Suites) but dining options in easy walking distance include the Cracker Barrel, Memphis Barbeque, and Logan's Roadhouse all in the same parking lot. Sonic and a few others are also within walking distance just a little bit further. The staff at the Residence are welcoming and accommodating. Love the warm cookies there for the taking (it doesn't take much to make me happy :) ). Breakfasts are about as good as you'll find for free (mystery meat, eggs, oatmeal, bagels, fruit, yogart, cereals, make your own waffles, and Marriott McMuffins. The manager's receptions in the evenings also provide a nice alternative to getting a full meal or cooking in the room if you're just looking for something on the lighter side.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great feedback and the likeness that we are the nicest Marriott hotel in Fayetteville ,North Carolina. We are happy that you liked everything about the hotel, staff and the surroundings. I want to also thank you for mentioning our breakfast, social hours and warm cookies.
Again thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We booked 3 2-bedroom suites and 2 studio rooms 5/17-19 for a small wedding. The staff was very accommodating, especially with our requests to use the breakfast area both Saturday and Sunday evenings for a reception area. The location worked out well, as the ceremony and dinner reception were within 5 miles of the hotel. At least 4 or 5 trips to Walmart were made for last minute and/or "just in case" items (like umbrellas, but luckily the weather held out). We cooked a complete spaghetti meal for 30 in one of the suite kitchens, and prepared a 3-tiered wedding cake in another! Thank you to Camelia who made sure we had everything we needed, and to her coworkers who helped make the entire weekend a memorable event.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Arnie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to writte a 5 star review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Place was great, clean, very spacious, and location was ok. Right next to a walmart but never had any issues. I liked having a mini kitchen especially when staying for several days. A little pricey but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Arnie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Stargrl6,

Thanks for your review! We are glad that our hotel and level of service and cleanliness met your needs. Please know that we have been working extremely hard on our renovations and we are thrilled you enjoyed your spacious new suite.

Our sincere hope is that you'll stay at our hotel again on a future trip.

Thanks allowing us to serve you and for your feedback.
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

My experience with this hotel was much better than the other reviews. Refurbishment of public areas was almost completed, and maybe the rooms had already been done. Mine was in excellent, like new condition, including the kitchen. Bed, sofa, etc. were all comfortable. I thought the room was well arranged. Check-in and service were friendly. Too bad it's not closer to I-95. I went out of my way because I needed a kitchen, which again was in fine condition. Also not sure why one reviewer felt unsafe. Nothing wrong with the neighborhood, just next door to Sams, etc.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank quackmar
Arnie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Good afternon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Residence Inn by Marriott in Fayetteville NC. We appreciate you staying with us and we are very excited you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated hotel. We take pride in making your your stay as great as possible!

Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to see you in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I was looking for a week-stay during a routine business trip and thought I'd try Marriott (I usually look for Hilton branches). It was 9pm, very rainy and windy outside, and I was anxious to settle in. I was not greeted at the front desk but was given "a finger and a look", which is a poor universal code for "I'll help you in a minute". Intrigued, I thought to see what other needs were willing to be ignored so I inquired about some of the hotel amenities. As I suspected at this point, there was little to no effort into meeting my needs so I turned around and checked into a Hilton chain a few blocks down the road.

Interestingly, as I left, there was an employee (who does not work the reception desk) that stopped me (having overheard my questions) and took the time to try and help me out. I had already committed to staying at another hotel, but I appreciate the fact that one man was willing to go out of his way to help someone!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Arnie G, General Manager at Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Adam S,
Thank you for taking the time to wrote your comment in Trip Advisor and sharing with us your experience with the Residence Inn Fayetteville Cross Creek. I apologize that your recent experience was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Please contact me directly when you are ready to make your next reservation.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed here recently for a sporting tournament. This hotel was listed as part of the available lodging. We were lucky to be able to check-in early, and the front desk day staff were friendly. Our room was two bedrooms and two baths and the layout was nice and roomy. The only quirk with the room was that in the master bedroom, the TV was bolted to the dresser and did not swivel like the other TVs, so in order to view the TV comfortably from the bed, I had to pull the entire dresser out and turn it towards the bed. Some of the furnishings were a little dated and there were stains on the kitchen table that we couldn't remove. The bathrooms were clean.

The hotel itself is in a shopping area and a little confusing to access since you basically are right next to the Sams/Wal-Mart (high chain-link fence separating) and enter the same driveway or go one light down and enter between two restaurants. Once you do it a few times, it gets easier.

The breakfast was decent, but pretty crowded with some many sports teams. Only wish they would have had salsa or shredded cheese with the scrambled eggs. That has been a new thing for me when eggs are bland - give it a try.

The only gripe we had was with the lady at the front desk the first night. The breakfast normally starts at 7:00 am on Saturdays and Sundays, but some sports teams needed to be at the field by 7:15 so it was impossible to have the kids eat prior to playing. We asked if breakfast could be started at 6:30, at least the cold things like cereal and milk. The woman adamantly said "no" the manager specifically said "no" to this request. We asked to see the manager and she just pointed to his name on the wall. I made a note of the manager's name. In the past, when we run into this type of time constraint with a hotel sponsoring a sporting event, they make exceptions or even set up a breakfast in a separate meeting room... so we were surprised with her attitude and answer.

But, I am happy to report the breakfast WAS started earlier the next morning - only wish we had known that in advance. We were still able to quickly grab something while going out the door.

I'm a Marriott Rewards member and like to stay at Residence Inns for the extra room and full kitchens, but with so many choices in the Fayetteville area, not sure we would chose this location again??? There are tons of places to eat close-by and with Wal-Mart right next door, it's easy to buy food and cook in your room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family