“It's OK for a Night or Two”

Quality Inn & Suites Fort Bragg
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Hartsdale, New York
“It's OK for a Night or Two”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a trip down to Orlando. Two days too long in the Fort Bragg area, but the hotel was not all that bad. Not great, but not too bad! The room was spacious, but it seemed that while som items in the room were upgraded, it was with things that were in bad need of upgrading! There was new granite tops on the sink, but the cabinets that they were put on were old! Very strange looking to say the least! The bathroom door didn't stay locked and the inside of the door had paint peeling off. Other than that, the desk staff was very nice, and the price was good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Neal F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Owings Mills , Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The Good : HUGE Rooms with balcony. Newly renovated for about $70 night.

this area of Bragg Blvd is a little run down... However, This hotel offers all the amenities for a cheaper price than near the mall.
The elevators are a little small as this is an older property so I guess u can expect that. Card access for guests only( may be a red flag for some guests)
Improvements : continue to keep parking lot well lit and secure. I would suggest giving guests a parking decal and patrol lots frequently at night.
My husband was propositioned by a "Lady of the night"

If asked would I stay here again. SURE ! Never felt unsafe...
It's not the Hilton or Marriott, but fir the cost and amenities a good value.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lake1230
Shailesh V, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and private balcony. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Boca Raton
Reviewed 26 June 2014

First the good. The rooms as mentioned by others were huge. They have a microwave a fridge and a countertop sink area. The location is near countless places to eat if you have a car. The bed was super comfortable. Surpisingly I slept the whole night without waking up once. The tub is big enough for two people. This gives you plenty of room in the shower (not that much is really needed). All rooms have a balcony. Now the not as good. Basically the room needs a facelift or some type of cosmetic overhaul. Part of the room has old looking acoustical ceiling tile. The walls are dirty in spots. New floor moulding is needed. Their was a substance on it I couldn't identify in places although it wasn't dirt. There was a cracked electrical outlet plate. At the end of the night I dropped something behind the pillow and moved the mattress. There was what looked like either lots of crumbs or who knows what all over the edge of the boxspring. It wasn't bugs or I would have been out of there. Most hotels start breakfast at 6:00. Theirs started at 6:30. I had an early meeting so I had to grab a coffee (available all the time) and run. Their seems to be no air conditioning in the halls. It was a 90 degree day and the halls had to be in the low 80's. .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Shailesh V, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
We would like to thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with the staff so we may improve and give each guest a great stay. We do hope if you are in this area again, you will give us another chance to get it right.
Sanger, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The tub was deep and slippery. Otherwise the room was not bad. We did not eat there. The breakfast room was small and crowded. We did not know there was an overflow breakfast room. I learned about the overflow breakfast room from a review I read after we were home.
The staff was very friendly. We had to get new room keys every day because the ones from the previous day did not work. We had to go up to our room to find out the keys would not work then make a trip to the lobby to get new keys. My husband was using a cane so going back to the lobby was not convient. The third employee that gave us keys told us our key would not work because my husband got new keys the day before. I said he got keys the day before because the keys from the previous day would not work. The third employee said the keys stop working if placed near electronics. I told her the keys were not placed near electronics. And anyway how would we know that? She said the information is on the check in sheet. The very nice person that checked us in did not give us a check in sheet. If she had, we might have found out about the over the flow breakfast room while we were guests at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Shailesh V, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
On behalf of my entire team, i would like to apologize for failing to meet all your expectations during your stay with us. I have taken your feedback and shared it with the staff so we can improve our guest satisfaction. We hope that if you are in our area again, you will give us another chance to get it right.
Laurel, MD
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed here 1 night as we were driving from MD to SC. The rate was good $75 for one night. The area does seem a little sketchy because its not very well but there were no people loitering or any thing of that sort. We did not have a reservation but getting a room was easy and the price was exactly as we saw online before arriving. The room was huge. I agree with another review that they could add a sleeper sofa with the amount of unused space. The beds are full size which is small for my husband and i to share but okay for 1 person. The beds and the overall room was very clean. The bathroom us refurbished with a new tub (huge oval shape), new counter atop an old cabinet and new flooring. There is a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, coffee pot and small sink. The included breakfast was okay- make your own waffles, cereal, oatmeal, boiled eggs, sausages, yogurt, coffee and black tea. I have teenage boys who love any free breakfast so they were happy.

The elevators are slow and you do have to use a key to get on from the lobby but not from the upper floors. There is not a gym (they don't advertise one but I was disappointed), you cannot take the stairs because they are alarmed, and our biggest complaint was the AC. In room 503, the AC unit is right best to the head of one of the beds. It was too humid to turn it off so my husband had to suffer with the air blowing directly on his head throughout the night.

Suggestions: I would recommend they add some type of cover that allows you to adjust the direction of the air flow. I could see someone getting sick if they slept in those conditions for multiple nights. Also, it would be great to have green tea or some other decaffeinated tea as an option.

Overall, we would stay again if we just needed a clean place to rest for one night.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DMS1908
Shailesh V, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to do a review of your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us. We value your comments. If you are passing through again, we hope you will stay with us again.
Montrose, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We only stayed 1 night while traveling from SC back to NY but have marked this location for future trips. We were very pleased with the spaciousness of the room. The room had a king size bed and was very clean. I was impressed with the smell as we entered the main lobby, it smelled clean the minute we walked in.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Shailesh V, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Fort Bragg, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do a review of your stay at our hotel. Your positive feedback was appreciated and serves as encouragement for myself and staff. we strive to ensure each guest has a pleasant stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I just returned from this dump over the weekend. My husband is a cheap hotel junkie and usually finds us really great spots for great rates sadly enough this place didn't make the list! When we arrived the staff were totally nice and friendly and (that's the only good thing about this place!) the clerk told us we had the best rooms in the place and boy were we UNDERWHELMED!! As soon as we got off the rickety elevator the halls were just outdated the whole hotel is outdated( we knew we didn't check in the ritz Carlton so we went in open minded) the doors for each room were old and ready to fall off the hinges. The rooms were clean but for it to be a suite there was no real living area; as well as no separate sleeping area! The bed was comfy but we were all on top of each other and the neighborhood this place was in looked like the "hoe stroll" I didn't want to leave our suite after dark. The lies were when we called days before the staff told us and raved about the hot breakfast and how they recently upgraded the place but boy were they Wrong! When it was time for breakfast we went to the dining room only to find waffles and sausage that didn't even look done when we were told they had scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, and waffles! I know the place is cheap but you definitely get what you pay for in this place!

Stayed November 2013

Travellers are raving about these Fayetteville hotels