“ROACHES!!!”

Hilltop House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hilltop House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 553 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The food looked great! Our server, David, was really good and professional...but right before I started to eat, I noticed a dead roach stuck on the knife, I was preparing,to use on my porkchops!..A friend of a friend, had a roach in his soup!!! RIDICULOUS!!!! They have a roach infestation! Eat at your own risk!

5  Thank Ron52275

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I made reservations 2 wks prior for a romantic night out on V-day, I was expecting to pay at least $120-$150 dollars. The reviews were great and it was my first time there, when I made the reservation I requested a table for two. When I got there the place was packed, there were 5 couples standing at the door and the hostess was running around. The door of the restaurant was open because of the line and there was a room next to the door with a couple sitting there with their coats on. My wife and I where hoping we would not be seated there. After a 15 min wait while the hostess got her act together and finally got to us, she directed us to the cold room. I asked if we could be seated elsewhere, she curtly said NO, and dropped the menus and left. The table was next to a tree that rubbed agains my back throughout dinner. I should have left then, but there are little choices in Fayetteville and the good ones are booked well in advance. The server came and he was in a hurry, we heard his named yelled a few times throughout dinner, Robert - hurry up and clean table 5…. His attention was not all there and it showed. I ordered a cup of wine and I got maybe 3oz of wine in cup - at $9.50. We ordered an appetizer, which was very good then dinner. Everything took forever to get to us, the food was overcooked and luke warm at best with the coffee at the end of the meal ice cold. The neighboring table also ordered a coffee equally cold. When Robert finally brought the coffee back it was warm, NOT hot as should be expected but interesting enough it was a half cup, just like the wine. At the end when I asked for the bill there was a $19.56 gratuity added without asking. When I asked Robert he said that the menu plainly states that 20% gratuity and 9.5% tax will be automatically added to all checks. Then the check comes with an additional line for you to add another tip…. Well here is a tip Ms Beth Shearin-Smith - don't skimp on $9.50 glasses of wine, don't serve half cups of coffee, don't over cook $60 steaks, and don't yell at your server where your customers can hear, do turn on the heat in a room where your customers are trying to have a romantic dinner, and don't include a $20 gratuity when your service is terrible!! I will not go there again, unless I want to be treated badly, overpay for bad food, and feel like I got robbed on a glass of wine.

9  Thank jsmrazo
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We tried the Hilltop House for brunch yesterday and had a great meal. The food was tasty, well-seasoned, and the variety of selection was impressive. Our wait staff was very attentive and we were pleased with the meal. I was expecting a classy restaurant and was not disappointed in the building, decor, and staff. Apparently some people in this town think its proper to wear a t-shirt and shorts to a fine dining place for Sunday brunch.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This place is amazing. Everything is good-the dinner, drinks, appetizers, desserts. It's the Perfect date night/anniversary dinner. Beautiful setting, superb staff, romantic atmosphere!

Their breakfast brunch on Sundays is incomparable! So much food!

If you live in Fayetteville and have never been, you are missing out!

The face that is restaurant is #70 and ranked under places like Red Robin and Cheddars just baffles me. People around here must not know good food!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This place is amazing! We met up with another couple for brunch and you are not rushed to leave, the food is incredible and the atmosphere is wonderful. When we arrived it was not overly crowded, there are so many food options it is hard to choose! Everything is incredible there isn't anything that we tried that we didn't like. They also had a large fresh fruit station which was wonderful. It is a little expensive, but you are getting quality food. I would highly recommend this place if you are having guests and want to treat them to a nice place out. Just make sure to make a reservation first.