“Above average for Fayetteville”
Review of Taste of Europe - CLOSED

Taste of Europe
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This place gets extra points for being in Fayetteville where good restaurants are slim pickings. The food was absolutely fantastic. Portions were enormous and not expensive (10$-15$). However, the dining room was too dark and the service was so-so. Nonetheless I will return.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I called at 4:30 to order 2 dinners and specifically asked what time I should be there bc I have a toddler and 3 weeks ago my husband waited an hour and a half for his pick up order!! The owner said 5 bc it takes 25 min to cook the dumplings. We were there at 5 and OF COURSE it wasn't ready. So keeping a toddler entertained and myself from losing my patience was challenging. The waitress was friendly, however when the owner came out to cashier I didn't like how she came up and kissed my son on his cheek. Not cool. Also, she kept apologizing telling me personal issues. Weird! To sum it up. The food is delicious and the service horrible!

1  Thank Dpkmom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Just came from Taste of Europe. We got there a little after 5 p.m. There were about four other tables with people when we arrived. The atmosphere was nice, but like other people in reviews I had read earlier, we found it to be very warm inside the restaurant. The room was dim, probably to reduce heat in the room. There was only one rotating fan available and turned on in the corner. We even asked if we could turn it on the ceiling fans (there were four), but the young girl we'd asked went back to ask and and said they could not be turned on, with no explanation. A little later an older gentlemen customer came in and without asking, he just turned one on and no one said a word about it. The salad was served first and was pretty small. The server never brought us silverware with the salads and there was only two bundles on the table. We had to retrieve some for ourselves from a nearby table. Eventually we noticed that we were the only table that didn't have a red basket with bread. We had to ask for this at about 30 minutes into waiting on the meal. At about 6:05, the meal came. The meatloaf my daughter ordered had to be returned although we had asked for it to be warmed when ordering. Overall, the food was very good and well prepared. Oddly, they don't seem to like to trade out one food for another. We asked for spatzle instead of fries and were turned down, saying the cook didn't like to do this. We eventually got refills on the drinks but it took the whole hour to get them. The biggest turn-off was the slow and poor service provided by the waitresses, particularly by the straight, dark haired one who took our order. She didn't really act like she wanted to be there working. The two blonde servers were far more pleasant, but the one who impressed my husband the most appeared to be the owner of the restaurant. She was the person who he paid for the meals at the end. We will return again to try different foods because it was good, However, we were disappointed about this type of customer service we received. It seems to be the norm, from all that I read. The staff may want to do some training on how to respond to customers and work to make a good impression.

1  Thank kajlrhodes
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The Taste of Europe is something of a misnomer, as it is predominately German with a Hungarian Goulash the only other European dish on the menu. Technically, it is a taste of Europe but I expected more when I chose it over another restaurant that specialized in German cuisine. While the restaurant is nothing special, the food was good and there was a wide array of choices to choose from.

They only had one waitress to handle the dining room, and she did her best to keep everything flowing as quickly as possible. While it might have taken a little longer to get your food than other places, it wasn't an issue and the food was worth the wait. If they are able to speed up the service, it would greatly increase their ability serve more than a handful of people.

There is a bar at the restaurant where there were a few people sitting around. The bar didn't look that exciting, so was surprised to see as many people there as it was.

While nothing special, the Taste of Europe (German) offers good food and is worth stopping at if you are in the area.

1  Thank wbullseye
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We arrived at 5pm and were seated and had ordered by 5:10pm. We did not receive our food until 6:50pm. The waitress and the owner seemed to care but didn't make much progress. The food, rouladen mit knodel und potatoe salad, was delicious. The room was warm and dark. It would have been great to be able to see the different knick knacks to absorb the atmosphere and feel the breeze if they had utilized the ceiling fans. There seemed to be plenty of regular customers willing to wait.
Food delicious, wait ridiculous.