“Excellent Value”

Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg
Ranked #27 of 54 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had to take a quick road trip in support of Uncle Sam's business and found myself at the Comfort Inn approximately adjacent to Fort Bragg the week of July 9, 2014.

I arrived late, tired and in no mood for a difficult check-in or any other headaches.

I found adequate and convenient parking, efficient check-in and a nicely appointed room with a large flat screen TV equipped with Direct TV.

First order of business with every room is to do the cleanliness and bug check. This room was perfectly clean and showed no evidence of multi-legged guests (bugs).

I crashed and enjoyed a great nights sleep that unfortunately ended at o-dark thirty.

The first order of business for me that day was to get the Wi-Fi up and running while I waited for the Breakfast Area to open.

Take a look at the photo of the Internet Speed Test for this location (Evidence based reviews are my standard). Yes that speed is 15.82 Mbps download and 6.40 Mbps upload!

When a hotel tells you they have free Wi-Fi; this is a 2014 example of the right way to do it. This is the standard by which all others will be judged in 2014. (Hyatt are you listening?)

The Breakfast Area opened at 06:00 as promised and the standard Choice Hotel group fare is served. You can always be sure to find a good sit down breakfast at any of these locations and my experience here was exactly as experienced in other Choice Hotel locations. They do it well and that is no small feat considering the economical pricing they provide.

Dollar for dollar this has to be the best bang for your buck in the area. No one wants to save money on a room and get a rat hole. Unfortunately that is often the case (example being a Motel 6 anywhere). I have become a loyal customer of the Choice Hotel Group because of their consistent exceptional performance combined with outstanding value.

Stay here with the expectation you will be very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MBVPHASE6
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Dear MBVPHASE6;

Thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg and for taking the time to let me know of the exceptional services we provided you during your stay and really appreciate it when we hear from guests that have outstanding experiences.

Your valuable input helps me recognize those individuals that make it their priority to strive to improve our overall guest experience.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell me about the memorable experiences you encountered during your stay. We truly hope that you will continue to allow us to demonstrate the high quality of accommodations and services offered at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here on our trip to visit our family in Fayetteville. We had three separate reservations for a total of 11 nights here. We had to make the three reservations because we left the area traveling around the state on the other three nights of our stay.

During the course of our stays we had two different rooms. One on the second floor(226), one on the fourth floor (426), which we had twice ( I actually requested the same room for when we returned for our third stay). Both rooms were Non-Smoking King rooms.

I have to say in both rooms, the beds were comfortable. The refrigerator,, microwave and coffee maker in each room were a plus. The rooms had a modern, flat screen TV, though the channel selection was not as extensive as I would have liked (we missed HGTV and Food Network)! In our second room, we enjoyed being able to look out the window (main building, fourth floor), and into the trees right outside the room. It reminded me of home! This room's bathroom was fine, as far as the shower was concerned. Towels were good quality and replenished daily. The toilet was slow in flushing in this room.

In the first room, on the second floor, the fixtures in the tub were broken, in that the shower head pipe cover plate was coming off the wall and the temperature indicator plate was also loose and spun around. The tub also drained very slowly and we wound up standing in a pool of water by the end of the shower. I notified management of this at checkout as it had gotten progressively worse over the four nights of this stay.

We were in the fourth floor room for a total of seven nights between two stays.

Breakfast was pretty good, located in the second building. It was always well stocked and the staff there was helpful.

The pool was down for repairs the entire time (two weeks) that we were there, and from other reviews, it has been unavailable for quite some time. I would say if a pool is important to you and you are planning a stay in the area, call ahead and ask if it is open.

Security was a bit of a concern for us. Since our rooms were located closer to the back of the hotel, we entered each night (we were at our family's home until around 10 each night) through the back entrance. This door was usually open and we only once had to attempt to use our room key to open this door. The one time we did, the key didn't work and someone opened it for us from inside. This didn't prevent us from staying here and overall we felt safe, but, it seems that this isn't a concern for management.

All of the staff that we encountered were positive, with a "Good Morning" on the way to breakfast each day, to the front desk personnel, to housekeeping. Only once did we encounter negativity, but it wasn't directed at us, so we just went on our way.

This hotel seems to be the go to place for workers of various companies and agencies. The parking lot usually had commercial trucks in the lot. A few nights, groups of guests were sitting in the parking lot with chairs borrowed from the pool area, but these individuals were friendly, so we were not concerned.

I believe, given the friendliness of the staff, the location of the hotel to shopping, restaurants, services as well as the proximity to our familiy's home, we would stay here again.

Enjoy your stay at the Comfort inn Near Fort Bragg!

Room Tip: Check out the room before settling in, especially the bathrrom fixtures. Stay on an upper floor, esp...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmullins762

Dear Jmullins762;

Thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg.

I apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay with us, and I extend my deepest apologies. I did let Security and Maintenance know of the situation with the back door and it is now fixed.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel was very clean when entering the lobby...The outside was well kept too. The rooms were big and had a refrige and coffee pot....The ice machine was on the same floor and a vending machine too. It was in the middle of all the malls stores for you ladies and lots of places to eat....Great breakfast in the morning complimentary. The only thing that we were disappointed about was that the pool was not open. They were working on it for the 4 days I stay. I do recommend the hotel. The price was good and the service was good too. I staid on the 18 thru the 21st Sat.of June.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Soldierboy1173;

Thank you for taking a time to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg and for taking the time to let me know of the exceptional services we provided you during your stay and really appreciate it when we hear from guests that have outstanding experiences.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell me about the experiences you encountered during your stay. We truly hope that you will continue to allow us to demonstrate the high quality of accommodations and services offered at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Clean sheets, rooms don't stink, great rates if you book online and plenty of parking. Not a stay for a week kind of place but if you need to sleep while on the road can't beat it. Pool is still down.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hilemans

Dear Hilemans;

Thank you for taking a time to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg and for taking the time to let me know of the positives you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

What a HUGE disappointment! We’ll never stay here again. There are SO many things wrong with this place. I’m not one to nit pick and complain but this place was terrible
I unknowingly made the mistake of booking a smoking room (who has smoking rooms anymore?)
I asked to switch and the hotel was sold out for the night, as were all the other surronding hotels, we were stuck here
The 4th floor smells so bad we had to go buy air fresher which didn’t help. We had to leave our clothes in the car as we had a formal the next day and didn’t want our clothes to reek of smoke. The AC leaked, which made the carpet soaking wet. The toilet bowl handle whould shoot water out at us ever time we flushed! (nice huh)
And not a single ice machine works in this building
Lastly, to escape the horrific odor of the 4th floor we decided to go hang out by the pool, WRONG! No pool……its completely dismantled
We got up early just to get the hell out of there.
the only positive thing about the stay was they staff, they were all very helpful espcially the lady who checked us in.

Room Tip: dont sleep on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear S P,

Each night, we accommodate many guests and strive to provide only the highest quality customer service to our guests. Our failure to meet our goal is of great concern to me, and I extend my deepest apologies.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the high quality of service offered by our hotel. If you would like, myself or one of the other members of management would be happy to personally assist you with your future reservations.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have stayed in lots of hotels over the years. This one rates pretty much in the middle. A good choice for the price. The pool was being repaired. I knew this before arriving. The desk personal 2nd and 3rd shifts were very friendly. I would stay here again. My wifes company also uses this hotel for their employees.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Richard C,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg and for taking the time to let us know of your stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell me about the memorable experiences you encountered during your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I passed this hotel for about five years while stationed at Ft. Bragg and never though much of it. A few weeks ago I stayed here while visiting friends still in the military and really enjoyed the hotel. The service was friendly and the rooms were very nice and clean. I can't remember how much I paid, but I do remember thinking Wow this is definitely worth my money.

The best thing about this hotel is it is near the base, I'd say about 10 minutes from the main visitors gate to Ft. Bragg. It is also in the dead center of the Fayetteville shopping area. Downtown would be about a 15-20 minute drive.

Great place to stay regardless of what your plans are for fayetteville.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Caleb A

Dear Caleb A,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg and for taking the time to let us know of your stay.

We really appreciate it when we hear from guests that have outstanding experiences and helps me recognize those individuals that make it their priority to strive to improve our overall guest experience.