“Terrible conference room” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Dayton, Ohio
“Terrible conference room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Heat didn't work in the conference room, it was VERY cold in there. Still charged me for the ancient projector that turned everything green. Chased them for 2 months refunds on the projector we couldn't use. Finally giving up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Beth B, General Manager at Courtyard Fayetteville, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Good Morning Louis P,
Thank you for your feedback, we look at every opportunity in order to improve upon our services and products. I'm so sorry you didn't have a great experience with us.
I know that recently we made some remedies to a group who was not satisfied with their experiences in our meeting room, and it sounds like your experience. We purchased a new projector as well as reversed the charges for the meeting room use. I'd be delighted to confirm that this was indeed you, and if by chance not, would be happy to discuss with your personally.
Again, we value your feedback and will make every effort to improve our services. I am so sorry.
Please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you very much!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the courtyard upon arrival we were greeted by a wonderful staff,we were asked about our visit, mentioned about seeing my son who just returned from his deployment. My husband and I felt very welcomed. The cafe lady knew exactly what kind of coffee I wanted every day. Only thing I would recommend for a change is new carpet. Otherwise we will recommend this place. Thanks for your hospitality.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Beth B, General Manager at Courtyard Fayetteville, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Hello! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! If my memory serves me correctly, I spoke with you upon check in and was so happy to hear that you were going to visit with your son who just returned from tour. I hope that you enjoyed your time with him and you were able to enjoy each other's company! Next time you speak to him please thank him on behalf of everyone here at the Courtyard. We sure hope to see you again soon!
Thanks again!
philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

It looks like this hotel recently updated the interior. The lobby was very cool, with bright orange splashes of color, a neat little cafe for breakfast and a huge TV/Computer with a touchscreen. Very 21st century feeling. The room was a really nice size, with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was nothing special, though we do like the sink outside the main bathroom. It makes it easier for 2 people to get ready in the morning. The front desk staff and cafe personnel were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ozart8116
Beth B, General Manager at Courtyard Fayetteville, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Good Afternoon!
Thanks for your Trip Advisor Post! We are so appreciative of your kind words and remarks. We have very dedicated employees who take pride in maintaining the overall condition of the hotel and love when it gets noticed. We'll continue our efforts to make our hotel a "home away from home" for all that travel to Fayetteville and stay with us!
Thank you for choosing Marriott!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I'd stay again. It was walking distance to lots of dining options and about 15 minutes from the airport (at least at 5am). There is some room for improvement, though.

The mattress needs to be replaced and some larger pillows added. The AC unit was a big draw back. It's motel style with a dial for cooler and warmer. I turned it all the way down and got the room really cold and turned it off before I got into bed because of the noise. That was fine this time of year but in July it would run all night and make it difficult to sleep. Also, the vents on the AC needed some cleaning. The rest of the room was quite clean.

The laundry is free which is good and bad. I usually wash a load but since it was free it was running non-stop until at least midnight. People had a load queue with piles stacked next to the machine and someone ran the dryer for at least an hour so I gave up. It was a mess since these things are usually never touched when you pay a buck.

The lobby, room, and staff were great otherwise. I wish there was a little more light in the back of the parking lot at night. My co-worker told me she had a staff member walk her to her car for her early flight. That's a great gesture.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I stay at courtyard all the time, so I know what to expect. This was an average hotel. My gripe is the wifi-they had it but it was slow. So slow that it was hard for me to get my work done. I ended up using my air card which was faster. And that is saying something.

The employees were super-friendly though. Seemed like they appreciated my business and were very helpful. Like that the bistro was open until 10. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff here at the Courtyard! We certainly do hope you choose to stay with us again when traveling to Fayetteville; we know you have a lot of options to choose from.
I will say we've recently had some reconfiguration done to our wi-fi within the hotel to ensure that we are offering our guests complimentary, fast internet. I do hope when you're here again in the future, you find that we've remedied the issue!
Thanks!
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Very professional atmosphere in the lobby, the staff and the room. It was quiet, yet close to everything. The hotel was very clean. I spoke with the cleaning crew and they were very polite, thorough and fast. I needed help with some scanning and mail and they went above and beyond saving me a couple hours of driving to find what I needed. I forgot to get a copy of my bill and they emailed it to me in Afghanistan. My price for the room did not include meals, but there were so many restaurants close by. Close to the freeway, felt safe at all times at Marriott and everyone in Fayetteville were very Southern gracious.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hello!
Thanks again for staying with us while in Fayetteville. If memory serves me correctly, you are currently overseas serving our Country and all of us! So THANK YOU for all that you do, and whenever you're back in town, we'd love to see you again.
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I found the front desk people to be disinterested and more focused on answering the phone than assisting people checking in. My room was disappointing, starting with stains on the rug and then ending with noticing a stained comforter in the morning. Gross. It was noisy and when the bathroom door was shut it would rattle every time the elevator came up. Room just felt dated and dark. No fridge. There is the Bistro area which is comfortable to grab a coffee or a light snack. One thing I want to note, and my fellow travelers notice this too is that in ALL the courtyards we stay in, the staff in these Bistros are some of the nicest people ever. Always friendly, helpful etc. Location is convenient to places to eat, but the town of Fayetteville has seen better days.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Beth B, General Manager at Courtyard Fayetteville, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Good Morning!
Thank you so much for your comments, your feedback is very much appreciated. I love to receive comments from Trip Advisor; the only downfall is not having too much detail (like room number, etc) to go back and look into your comments so we can improve based on your very specific problems experienced. We are always striving to improve, and we all know no matter how great something is, there's always room for improvement!! I'm sorry we didn't provide you the fresh ambiance you were expecting.
I too agree that the Bistro attendants are always cheery and refreshing. I'm so glad you and your collegues agree!