“I have been here twice in 2 years and both were rather long stays”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Okay, this might be long, but both times we were here happen to be long. The main reason why we came here the first time was because of a tornado and their ad in the phone ok ( no electricity, no Internet) said they took dogs. So the second time, we decided to go to same place because they do not charge this outrageous fee to have a pet in your room.
Both times we came in room was clean and we made the reservation same day because we needed a bed due to emergency. Both times the people at the front were helpful and during this visit ( over a month stay, but that is another long story) we noticed that the staff is particular about how other people are trained. They have two maintenance guys that are pretty good, I think they practically live there though because they are always moving stuff and going building to building. Another thing we noticed is that they go through every room even if it were unoccupied the night before. The rooms are also checked more than once if they are unoccupied. If we knew we were staying longer than a week at any point during our stay we would have chose accommodations that were more apartment like ( couch, kitchenette), but there was a refrigerator and microwave. It was also nice because we trailered a boat, so there is room to park if you are hauling. There are a lot of truck drivers and busses that stop there, but we never experienced anything out of the ordinary. Plus, law enforcement drives around the area since it is located off of I95. There is an Exxon in front, it probably should get upgraded, but there is a BP walking distance near Holiday Express, with more healthier options. Their is fast food places pass the overpass and a Ruby Tuesdays ( good steak) and Cracker Barrell.
Most of the staff that was there when we were there 2 years ago are still there, so that in itself says something good about management. Nice people work here and they get a lot of repeat business (we met several). Hopefully, we can stay at home, but if another emergency pops up, we will probably stay here first.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Amy M
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

We as the Econo Lodge staff and management team would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your misfortunate time and also thank you for taking the share with us such great feedback on your experience here. We loved hearing about the great things you noticed about our hotel's cleanliness and our practices. We also certainly appreciate all of your positive comments on our staff's customer service and the management. It strives us forward to make our guests' experience a memorable and enjoyable one. Wish you all the best and hope to have you as a guest in the near future. Maybe, this time on a pleasure trip!
Thanks again,

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Great location right off the highway. Close to places to eat and gas up. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool is great after a long day of driving. The room was very big and clean with an a/c that worked great and wasnt noisey. Check in and out was a breeze. The bed was very comfortable. Dont forget the free breakfast, love the waffles.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jim f
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

We appreciate you choosing us for your over night stay. We are glad you could take advantage of our pool and our Deluxe Continental Breakfast. I am so glad the staff, location, and our enemities were so helpful for you.
We always strive for great customer service and we thank you for your feedback. We welcome you and your family to come and visit us again soon.
Thanks Again,

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stay here for five days with three grand children and two dogs!! First and foremost was our experience with the reservation/check-in process, Dawn was AWESOME, I felt like Econo Lodge wanted us to stay there. She went above and beyond to help us with all our questions with kids/pets. The room was clean, fridge, microwave, iron/board. Complimentary coffee and POPCORN! The kids loved going to the lobby to get their daily dose of popcorn. The pool is great, clean, warm and kid friendly! We had a GREAT stay, and will stay again the next time we are in Fayetteville Thank you!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ponytail1442

We would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Econo Lodge. We are so pleased to know you had such a wonderful stay with us. We are so glad that your family felt so welcomed and yes we do try to make all our guests feel like they are at home with us. Also, we are pleased that you brought your pets with you and was able to take advantage of our pet policy. I will be letting our staff know of your wonderful expereience here with us and please come and visit us again very soon.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stopped here to rest on my trip home back from NY. I had my crated cat with me so they gave me a pet friendly room. I didn't even sit down, it was that bad. I travel often with my husband and two dogs so we are used to staying in pet friendly hotels. This room, however, smelled like a kennel. I went back to the front desk and asked if that was normal for this hotel. The staff was lovely and moved me to a non-pet friendly room at no additional charge. I showered, changed and rested on top of the comforter, never unmaking the bed. I fell asleep for about an hour and when I woke up, my legs from ankle to knee and arms had little tiny flea (I'm guessing flea) bites all over them. So, I packed up and checked out and scratched myself all the way to a cleaner hotel in South Carolina.

Steer clear.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Ms. Jennifer, I personally appreciate the feedback from my customers. And I thank you for your input. Me and my staff take them all positively, so we can keep on maintaining and improving our guests rooms.We do not overlook odor and pest complaints in our rooms.. Sometimes we end up changing carpet, replacing padding and even mattresses to get rid of odors. And we do pay special attention and treatment for pest control in our pet friendly rooms as well. I would like for you to contact me by telephone(1-910-433-2100) or email(gm.nc192@choicehotels.com) and let me know the room number and date of your stay so we can inspect the room, and treated it if necessary and also speak with our staff who maybe responsible for communicating with our maintenance about problems like you have experienced. It is important to remind and retrain our staff about any problems so this will not happen again. So please contact me. i am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.I am looking forward to speaking with you. Mandy Leftwich/ General Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Not a 4-5 star hotel, but very clean, with nice staff. The room was large and included ironing board, iron, a small fridge and microwave - no coffee maker but they do have coffee available 24/7 like they said. We could see where repairs were made to the ceiling but it was VERY clean and comfortable. Good price for a good room - would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We got a room on the second floor - to make sure we wouldn't be hearing anyone walking overhead.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trvlon
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

The management and staff would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are pleased you had a great stay and we would like to invite you to stay with us again in the near future. And thanks for the for the advise on the repairs of our rooms. We appreciate your feedback and welcome all comments in order to improve our guest satisfation for you and others. Thanks again, Mandy Leftwich/ General Manager

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stay here on our way back from Florida, close to 1-95, great location. it was great comfortable rooms, pet friendly . Frigidaire and microwave, the staff was superb, ,after we got settle in our room , the front desk call us to see if we were satisfied and if we needed something , they went out of there way . the next morning the breakfast bar was perfect, we took our food and came back to the room to eat it. our little dog was happy to walk around and it was close to our room, so yes I would stay there again

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gjpb60
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Econo Lodge. We value all our customers and are pleased your stay with us was awesome. We are also glad we could accomodate your pet as well. We are delighted you could take the time to enjoy our breakfast. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as a guest with us again very soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I so enjoy staying at this hotel! Great confortable rooms, love the breakfast bar in the AM and most of all pet friendly. I have met such nice pet owners here and the staff always puts us right where the big walking area is: so convenient. My dogs love it too! great location, eateries, gas stations, real close to the highway. Thanks to the Red Roof Inn gal who recommended this Econo-lodge to me and my 2 dogs (13 and one is a therapy dog). Couldn't be happier: wish we could stay longer on our trips!

Room Tip: If you have a pet tell them and they will get you by the walking areas
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad we could provide a clean and safe room for you and your pets. We welcome you to come and visist us again .
Thanks, Mandy Leftwich/ General Manager