“A different Hampton Inn, but still very good”

Red Lion Inn and Suites Fayetteville
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 6 June 2013

So this is a Hampton Inn with rooms to the outside of the hotel. Different, yes. But I have to say that accessibility can't get any better. My door was just a few steps from my car. Other than that, everything is the same as many of the Hampton Inns I've stayed at in the past.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

We generally only stay at Hampton Inns. This is quite possibly the worst Hampton we have ever stayed in. The place is old, the bed was not comfortable and lumpy, the bathroom floor was dirty and breakfast was not up to Hampton Inn standards at all. The one bright spot staff was friendly and they honored their 100% satisfaction guarantee without our asking for it.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Skoots5
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I love Hampton Inns-pleasant staff, clean & comfortable, outstanding breakfasts. This inn has 1 of the above. The rooms open to the outside and there's no elevator to the second floor. And these are old rooms, in an old hotel. Our room carpet was so dirty and disgusting that we had to wear shoes at all times. It even felt creepy & spongy. We were on the first floor and could hear all bathroom and water usage above, and we were in the quietest, end of the building, room. No warm cookies here-there's a basket at the front desk of individuallywrapped snacks. Although there is a waffle maker-actually two, the hot breakfasts are microwaveable sandwiches in the fridge. But this Hampton did have the usual very pleasant staff-especially Emily and Olivia, who phoned us after check in but before I realized the carpet was so dirty.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Upon check in the staff was very friendly and professional. Our rooms were nice and clean. There was a great breakfast each morning and stocked well with all kinds of items and everything seemed very fresh. The grounds are well maintained. Nice sitting area outside the front of hotel. We also enjoyed the pool however the pool is quite small. Very positive stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
ByronSr, General Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for choosing to allow us to take care of your lodging needs. We hope you decide to choose us on your next trip because we sincerely love having you here.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This hotel is just off I-95. Before I arrived, I called the hotel to ask questions and the staff on the phone, Olivia, was very cordial and professional. I was welcomed upon arrival and had no problems with check-in.
The room was very orderly and clean (see photos). As is Hampton style, the bed and pillows were like a cloud and very comfy!
This is a two-story hotel, so if you have bad knees, ask for a ground level room to avoid the stairs.
The breakfast in the mornings was very good too.
I have NO COMPLAINTS, and I would definitely stay here again if I ever need to come this way again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel was able to accommodate our request for an early check-in.This was really helpful given we did not get any sleep the previous night because of a crying baby on the red-eye flight from the West Coast and we had to attend a wedding that very same afternoon. Everyone at the hotel were courteous and friendly. The room was clean and ready for a much needed nap at 11AM.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Prior to arriving, we informed the hotel that we would need a couple of cots when we arrived. They said they would have some available, which is why we didn't book more than 2 rooms for our 10 people reservation. Upon arriving, there were no cots and we were at the front desk talking about who was going to sleep on the floor. The lady at the front desk said 'We have 100% satisfaction guarantee so we are sorry about you having to sleep on the floor haha". She did nothing. She did not offer pillows or any alternatives. She was not even friendly. I would never go to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Jessica S
ByronSr, General Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Fayetteville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.