“Southern hospitality”

Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area
Ranked #40 of 53 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff ready to help with anything needed and a buffet breakfast. Restaurant had good food and friendly staff. I got the chicken quesadilla and my dad got the chicken cordon blue wrap both very good. The only thing that I thought would bother anyone would be the slamming doors. Other than that they are right next to the fire department,restaurants, and even movie theater! I'd stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014
Liz A, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear AmburJ,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Holiday Inn Fayetteville-Bordeaux, I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate it when our guests let us know how we are doing.

We are so very delighted your stay went so very well with us! Thank you for noticing our central location to so many things in the area. As you stated, we are in walking distance of a movie theater, a grocery store, shopping areas, and the Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.

Again, thank you for your comments. We will be sharing them with our staff and management. We hope that if your travels ever bring you back to Fayetteville that we will have the pleasure of hosting you once again!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Mad at priceline right now for a deal that claimed to put me in ft. Bragg area instead wound up in the Bordeaux. Area of Fayettville. This property is a re- do of the 60 s style Holiday Inn but not A rennovation .Missed the mark, with garish swirling patterned rugs and 80's cranberry wall color. The lighting in the room was horrible, very dark and especially in the bathroom. There is a nice soaking garden type tub . Refrigerator and microwave, free buffet breakfast. Not enough to make it a pleasant stay.The room was clean, but not spotless. Pool is ver uninviting, how is that possible? Stuck outside with two wings of the building on either side in the middle of the parking lot, very little vegetation. It was a place to spend the night , but not another night . My view was of an elevated parking structure about 5 ft from my window, so I was looking at the edge of the parking structure surface .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Liz A, Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Caperelli,

I want to thank you for reviewing our property. We really do value our guests' feedback even if that feedback is not positive. It is only by hearing about guests' experiences that we can create a better one for our future guests.

I read your review with much concern and am so incredibly sorry that your stay with us did not even meet your expectations. It is truly our goal to not only meet our guests' expectations but to exceed them. Your comments about our pool area and décor will be shared with our management here at the property. Please understand that these are issues that cannot be immediately resolved due to the nature of them, but when we are considering future renovations, we do take our guest feedback into account. Thus, I want to thank you for brining these issues to our attention.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your business and hope that in the future we might have the pleasure of hosting you once again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here overnight for free because Delta Airlines put me here after my flight was cancelled and they couldn't rebook me that night. I imagine most people pay a fairly high price for this somewhat pretentious hotel in the middle of a tacky, ugly urban landscape featuring a replica of the Eiffel Tower. The hotel isn't awful, but its cracks show. It's been upgraded to some extent--nice big oval bathtub, nice towels, new TVs/microwaves/fridges. But if you look closely, dingy corners and cracks abound. The beds are not that comfortable. The staff is very friendly and polite, and I was glad to be able to walk just a couple of blocks to the 24-hour Walgreens. Since my next flight was at 6 a.m., the 24-hour airport shuttle was key, and it was prompt and efficient. I had no complaints considering my stay was free, but this place is only masquerading as a luxury high class hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Flyermontana,

On behalf of the staff and management at our hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our guest reviews are an integral part of our operations and let us know what we are doing right and areas upon which we can improve.

We are happy that your experience with our staff and shuttle service was good. Our staff works hard and will be delighted to hear that you noticed their friendliness and politeness during your stay.

In regards to the cosmetic concerns and mattress issue that you noted in your review, we thank you for bringing them to our attention. I am sorry that they detrimentally affected your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with our property management and will be beneficial in any future decisions regarding those issues.

Again, thank you for reviewing us. We appreciate your business and hope you will allow us the pleasure of hosting you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is not a "four star" hotel. Doesn't pretend to be. But for the price, it gets a 4 star review from me. I got it on Priceline for $70. This was not a great deal because I later saw rates at $77, but considering the free breakfast buffet for two, and free Wi-Fi in the guest rooms, I am not going to complain.

I was pleasantly surprised by what I found here. There has been some cosmetic work done to freshen the walls and carpets, but structurally the building does show it ages. Still, my room was clean and spacious. It had a very large tub/shower, which was unusually pleasant to shower in. Plenty of room to scrub up.

Downside of my room was that I was on the second floor, in what I think was the east wing. I would avoid that floor because my window looked right out onto the top floor of the parking. Someone standing in the lot would be looking down into my room. So I kept the curtains shut the entire time.

Customer service for me was very good. There was only one person at the desk when I checked in, William, and he was very courteous and helpful (there was also only one other person trying to check in, and the phone was ringing off the hook, but William handled it well). The 3-4 ladies working at the breakfast were also super.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David Y

Dear David,

On behalf of the staff and management at our hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value our guest reviews for they are the true barometer of guest satisfaction.

We are delighted that your stay with us went well! We always aim to provide excellent customer service and are happy that that was the case with your stay. We will be sharing your comments with our staff who assisted you during your stay, so they can know that they did a very good job!

In regards to the location of your room, we are sorry that the view was not good. This is an issue that cannot be quickly remedied as it relates to the structural nature of our property. But, please note that we will share your review with our management and keep it in mind when we are considering any future renovations of the property. If you intend to stay with us in the future, I would recommend calling our hotel directly and requesting a room on an upper floor if available.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

You would think being near a hospital that it would be loud but it's actually very quiet in the rooms. I recommend not staying near the restaurant because it turns into a night club and gets really loud. We stayed on the other end and couldn't hear a thing. The food at the restaurant was great, breakfast was also great. The location isn't so bad and it's just a short drive to everything in town. They also have a driver to take you out, drop you off wherever and pick you up, so if you like to drink a little you don't have to worry about driving :)

Room Tip: Away from the restaurant for quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stargrl6

Dear Stargrl6,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Holiday Inn Fayetteville-Bordeaux, I want to thank you for taking your time to review our property. Guest reviews let us know what we are doing right and what areas upon which we can improve. Thus, your feedback is vital to our hotel!

We are happy that your stay with us went so well, and we thank you for giving the room tips in your review. We always recommend our guests contact our hotel directly if they have special room requests like a quiet room or even a room on a higher floor.

Again, thank you for your review! We hope that you will allow us the pleasure of hosting you once again if your travels return you to Fayetteville.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Across Owen Drive from the medical center and on the road that becomes All-American Expressway, leading to the main gate of the largest US Army instillation in the world, Holiday Inn Fayetteville is a convenient lodging for two major visitor magnets. Hence, there is a high occupancy rate, and if you arrive late without a reservation, you may get a bed, but it will be a double, 54" wide, just like your grandparents used. I tried to find the percentage of rooms that have doubles when this happened to us, and the morning receptionist said, "I don't know exactly, but there are a lot."

Room Tip: Reserve early.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Fayetteville Fort Bragg Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that you did not receive the correct bed due to high occupancy. We are currently working with management to resolve this issue. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I travel to NC every couple of months for work and initially was staying at an inn but my boss recommended this hotel. I greatly appreciate his recommendation given the quality of the hotel and cleanliness. The staff are very helpful and pleasant and the breakfast excellent. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will always plan on staying at this hotel whenever we go to Fayetteville.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mina h

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback and recommendation. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and greatly look forward to seeing you again when in North Carolina!