“Great stop on 95”

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
peabody, ma
“Great stop on 95”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a night on our way to Disney. It was an excellent deal. Breakfast was included and had an indoor pool for the kids. My one criticism would be to have more chairs in the pool area because I got tired standing around but the room was excellent, clean and comfy. I would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed April 2014
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you stop in with us again on your next trip!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Arlington
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We made a big mistake driving late on a holiday weekend. We started looking for a hotel around 1 a.m. and stopped at half a dozen hotels without finding a vacancy. This one alone had a room. Bad omen. The rate was $157 for a king bed and a sleeper sofa, much more than we pay at much better hotels. At 2 a.m. and having no other choice, we took it. The room was a time warp, with decor and fixtures circa 1980 and a hole in the bathroom ceiling.

The sofa had no sheets or blankets. We called the front desk. The clerk said he couldn't leave his desk to get linens until security could cover the desk but promised to send them up. They never arrived. Exhausted, our son slept under bath towels.

I'd asked was there breakfast. Yes, I was told. Trouble was you pay for it. $9 for a meager buffet, worse than you get free elsewhere. The waitress asked did we get a voucher. No. Nobody told me you needed one. "Let me check," the waitress said then rang me up for the full $9 with no explanation.

I ate there, regretted it and took my wife and son to the Shoney's across the street for all you can eat for $3.99.

Don't be caught here without alternatives, I'd caution. And ask to see a room before paying.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We are sorry to hear your stay was less than perfect. We will address your concerns with our staff. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will come back and give us another try.
Oldbiker49
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was a two week stay for business. From arrival to checkout I was continually impressed with the friendliness of the staff. A "good morning" at 6:00 AM, prompt changeout of a faulty room card, and a restaurant breakfast staff that was exceptional made what could otherwise have been a routine Holiday Inn stay something to recommend. No elevator here and the bag drag can be extensive. This is a huge place. Room was cleaned daily with amenities restocked.
Strong wi fi signal on second floor. Nice to see a security officer on premises at night. Hotel is close to I-95 but secluded. One odd item: you must ask for a breakfast slip each evening for the complimentary breakfast the next morning. Maybe sign in on a laptop that confirms you as a guest? This was an enjoyable hotel with lots of parking. Unlike other IHG visits, I did get points for the stay. Ice machine was on the first floor, a nuisance at the end of a long day.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room facing the gazebo not far from a stairway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business travels. We were glad to have you with us and appreciate your kind feedback of your stay. We hope to see you again the next time your in town!
Weedsport, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were traveling from Florida to NY during spring break week and picked this hotel out of a AAA book because of the indoor pool. We had two young boys with us who had been very good but had been cooped up in the car for over 12 hours. My daughter made the reservation on her cell and while it seemed to take a long time, we ended up with rooms next to each other. Boys hit the pool within minutes of checking in. Pool had lots of kids in it as many travelers thought the way we did. Rooms were clean (although our room had an odd smell of pepper in it). Beds were comfortable and while the buffet breakfast looked wonderful, the scrambled eggs were cold and the kids didn't like the french toast sticks.

Room Tip: we were on the first floor, courtyard. Sliding doors were iffy, screens fell off track easily but i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We are glad your children enjoyed swimming in the pool. We hope you choose us again on a return trip!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed at this property several times in the past couple if years and enjoy the friendly and helpful staff.Would like to especially acknowledge the sales and marketing director Lachelle McNeil for her excellent service provided on my recent stay at this property .I would also like to say Thank you to Hector at the reception for his wonderful service .Overall great place to stay especially when travelling with pets.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad our staff was able to make you feel so welcome. We hope to have you with us again soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed here in the way to Florida last month. Really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff after a long days drive. Beds were nice and comfy too! for dinner I had the ribs in the restaurant and they were the best I've had in a long time!

• Stayed February 2014
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel on your trip to Florida! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and the ribs! Hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Came to this hotel for a conference, had the reservation made by my boss so I didn't really have a say in where I stayed. Upon arrival, the outside was a little drab for a Holiday Inn, but the parking lot was well lit, a Ruby Tuesday next door and there was lots of parking. The lobby was clean, bright and welcoming. Front desk staff were very friendly and check in was a breeze. Got to my room and despite passing several "smoke free hotel" signs, could have sworn I smelled cigarette smoke in the hallway. The room at first look appeared clean however I later learned different. There was a door to an adjoining room that made me very uncomfortable as a female as I had no clue who was next door. Bathroom was relatively clean until I took a shower. Seemed the bathtub hadn't been scrubbed in a while, lots of soap scum built up, and I found a crusty used washcloth hanging from the shower curtain rod that had been hidden by the shower curtain being pushed to the side. Gross. The shower pressure wasn't that great but the drain was worthless. I pretty much stood in a puddle of water while showering. The room had a mini fridge and microwave which I was great flu for and they were clean, however I found no knob to adjust the fridge settings and everything I put in it turned to an ice cube. The beds were iffy. My coworker I was sharing a room with woke up with big bites and found blonde hairs I'm her bed (she's a brunette). Every time the heater turned on, it smelled like it was on fire. Everything in the room was dusty too. Other than those things, the room was fine, had good storage, nice view of the parking lot, good lighting, etc. I did not really use the housekeeping services though, kept my "Do Not Disturb" sign up because I encountered several of the male housekeeping individuals in the hall and they were constantly staring while I walked down the halls or entered or left my room. Made me uncomfortable and I was not OK with them in my room when I was not there. The few times I did stop them in the hall and ask for replacement items off the cart, they were friendly and provided me with what I was looking for.

Next comes breakfast. First, I found it odd that you only got breakfast if you got a room with breakfast included. I've never been to a hotel that just didn't have breakfast free for all guests. Breakfast was really nice. Eggs, bacon, grits, fruit, pasties, etc on the buffet and there was also a menu you could order from. Most of the staff was great except one female waitress. I had her once and the remaining times just saw her interacting with other visitors. She was VERY rude, walked around with this annoyed look and gave everyone attitude. It was a struggle not to call her out on her foul personality. I did not partake in their restaurant for dinner. Checked the menu prior to sitting down and noticed everything was VERY over priced.

The remaining facilities, computer room, work out room, conference rooms, etc. that I all checked out and used were great.

Other than the hotel, there were a few places to eat nearby and gas stations of course, but if you plan on finding any activities or need to make a trip to wal-mart, plan on it NOT being a quick hop to the store. It was quite a trip to reach the closest walmart.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wolfgirl_364
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We are glad that overall you had a good stay. We appreciate you bringing some of your issues to our attention. We will address these matters with their respective departments to get them taking care of.