“old, not good value, and has cleaning problems!”

Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Boston, Massachusetts
“old, not good value, and has cleaning problems!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

It's funny, Holiday Inn Express has consistent brand quality, but Holiday Inn is hit or miss. This one's a miss.

To be fair it's not awful, it's just not good enough for the money. It's apparently an older building, showing some wear. It's noisy, as others have mentioned: you'll hear much more hear from your neighbors and people in the hallway than you do in other similar hotels. The beds are not comfortable, the pillows are lumpy. The towels in the bathroom are cheap and thin. (I was on a long road trip, stayed the nights before and after in two other similar hotels, one an HI Express, so my comparisons were easy and I think fair.)

And the worst part for me was finding a nice long strand of black hair on the toilet seat. (Definitely not mine.) Yuk. So I cleaned it up. And I mentioned it to the young woman at checkout. She didn't turn a hair (so to speak!) -- she said she'd mention it to the housekeeper, but didn't seem to think this was a problem affecting the quality of service I received. I didn't have time to banter, figuring I'll chalk it up to experience, and perhaps help other travellers who might be looking for a hotel. There are only half a dozen competitors within a quarter mile.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
We apologize for the inconvenience, we wish you would have brought this to our attention immediately so that we could have sent housekeeping down to correct it! Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we apologize that your stay was less than perfect.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
peabody, ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a night on our way to Disney. It was an excellent deal. Breakfast was included and had an indoor pool for the kids. My one criticism would be to have more chairs in the pool area because I got tired standing around but the room was excellent, clean and comfy. I would definitely stop here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you stop in with us again on your next trip!
Arlington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We made a big mistake driving late on a holiday weekend. We started looking for a hotel around 1 a.m. and stopped at half a dozen hotels without finding a vacancy. This one alone had a room. Bad omen. The rate was $157 for a king bed and a sleeper sofa, much more than we pay at much better hotels. At 2 a.m. and having no other choice, we took it. The room was a time warp, with decor and fixtures circa 1980 and a hole in the bathroom ceiling.

The sofa had no sheets or blankets. We called the front desk. The clerk said he couldn't leave his desk to get linens until security could cover the desk but promised to send them up. They never arrived. Exhausted, our son slept under bath towels.

I'd asked was there breakfast. Yes, I was told. Trouble was you pay for it. $9 for a meager buffet, worse than you get free elsewhere. The waitress asked did we get a voucher. No. Nobody told me you needed one. "Let me check," the waitress said then rang me up for the full $9 with no explanation.

I ate there, regretted it and took my wife and son to the Shoney's across the street for all you can eat for $3.99.

Don't be caught here without alternatives, I'd caution. And ask to see a room before paying.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We are sorry to hear your stay was less than perfect. We will address your concerns with our staff. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will come back and give us another try.
Oldbiker49
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was a two week stay for business. From arrival to checkout I was continually impressed with the friendliness of the staff. A "good morning" at 6:00 AM, prompt changeout of a faulty room card, and a restaurant breakfast staff that was exceptional made what could otherwise have been a routine Holiday Inn stay something to recommend. No elevator here and the bag drag can be extensive. This is a huge place. Room was cleaned daily with amenities restocked.
Strong wi fi signal on second floor. Nice to see a security officer on premises at night. Hotel is close to I-95 but secluded. One odd item: you must ask for a breakfast slip each evening for the complimentary breakfast the next morning. Maybe sign in on a laptop that confirms you as a guest? This was an enjoyable hotel with lots of parking. Unlike other IHG visits, I did get points for the stay. Ice machine was on the first floor, a nuisance at the end of a long day.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room facing the gazebo not far from a stairway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business travels. We were glad to have you with us and appreciate your kind feedback of your stay. We hope to see you again the next time your in town!
Weedsport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were traveling from Florida to NY during spring break week and picked this hotel out of a AAA book because of the indoor pool. We had two young boys with us who had been very good but had been cooped up in the car for over 12 hours. My daughter made the reservation on her cell and while it seemed to take a long time, we ended up with rooms next to each other. Boys hit the pool within minutes of checking in. Pool had lots of kids in it as many travelers thought the way we did. Rooms were clean (although our room had an odd smell of pepper in it). Beds were comfortable and while the buffet breakfast looked wonderful, the scrambled eggs were cold and the kids didn't like the french toast sticks.

Room Tip: we were on the first floor, courtyard. Sliding doors were iffy, screens fell off track easily but i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We are glad your children enjoyed swimming in the pool. We hope you choose us again on a return trip!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed at this property several times in the past couple if years and enjoy the friendly and helpful staff.Would like to especially acknowledge the sales and marketing director Lachelle McNeil for her excellent service provided on my recent stay at this property .I would also like to say Thank you to Hector at the reception for his wonderful service .Overall great place to stay especially when travelling with pets.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad our staff was able to make you feel so welcome. We hope to have you with us again soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed here in the way to Florida last month. Really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff after a long days drive. Beds were nice and comfy too! for dinner I had the ribs in the restaurant and they were the best I've had in a long time!

• Stayed February 2014
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel on your trip to Florida! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and the ribs! Hope to see you again soon!