“Very, Very Average...Sadly”

Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This property could be a little jewel: it's right off I-95 (Exit 49), the lobby and reception area are lovely and spacious, and the indoor pool is centrally located for you to swim a few early morning laps. However, the place is dated. It's tired. Once you get past the lobby and into your room, you will be disappointed. The guests rooms look like they haven't been touched in ten years. Mold on the shower soap dish, no safety strips on the tub (although there was a grab bar). Both show-stoppers for me. The indoor pool was the one reason I decided to stay here; the day I was there, the pool was closed for a repair. On the positive side: the staff is VERY FRIENDLY. The reservation staff person credited me back a few dollars since the pool was closed and the amenity was unusable; I appreciated the gesture very much. Everyone from the reservation desk staff to housekeeping to the restaurant wait staff was exceptionally friendly. For that, the property gets three stars instead of two, which it deserves. This is a fairly busy exit and you will have options for lodging. I will not come back to this one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We are glad that our staff was able to assist you with our concerns. Currently we are doing some updating, so we hope you will come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The front desk was friendly. The clerk told me breakfast was included, but when I got to the restaurant for breakfast I was told cause I had low room rate, it wasn't included and I would have to pay. I enjoyed the indoor pool area. I did not like the layout of the hotel. Hotel is a circular design of two floors. Is is rather confusing although it sounds easy. They need more signs that help lead to the elevator and the numbered stair exits... It was about 8 different ways to enter the building.

• Stayed: July 2014
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you didn't have too much trouble finding your room. We try to use maps to show our guests around the hotel, as the hotel is very big. We are glad you did enjoy the indoor pool tough. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have you with us again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having stayed at many Holiday Inns I really was surprised at the poor service I received at this one... Checking in of course was nice as they want your business. Had a restaurant attached and was told breakfast ready early. Entered the room as it was lovely but about 57 degrees, turned the air conditionier it up to set it a little warmer, buy the way it was a below the window unit. Wanted to get ice in the ice bucket and they had not cleaned that out as there was the plastic bag with water still in it. went to the desk and a gentlemen took it dumped it all out and handed me back the bucket. Told him I would really like a clean one. He gave me a pitcher with Ice in it...well the air ran all night, when it got to cold I had to turn it off, when it got to warm it went back on...
Morning and the lacked of coffee for the coffee maker, packets of powered milk none to be had.
now about 6:30 A.M. I am ready to go, restaurant not open but a coffee stand at the door way, I had a travel mug poured some coffee but low and behold no milk,. I asked for some milk as they were starting to set up the buffet and was told some one would get some. At least 15 minutes later still waiting. I went to the front desk turned in my keys and told them if anyone was looking for a lady that needed milk she left. Oh yes I did have to dump out the coffee as I don't drink it black. I did write a letter to Holiday Inn and yep you guessed it came back with sooo sorry, however they hope to see me again...I have been a Priority member since 2000.... Not anymore
That's not the way you treat people that does business with you....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 675gracer
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We appreciate your feedback, and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. This is most definitely no the norm for our hotel and apologize again for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was a decent hotel. We stayed here during the US Open because it was relatively close and it was Pet Friendly. They do charge a $40 pet fee non-refundable but I can't complain about that. I am sure many people's pets do cause extra cleaning. The room was okay, the beds were old so they were a big saggy in the middle of the room we had (two double beds)-- I forgot how small double beds are! I did not like the pillows at all- they were really big and firm. They have a 'pet wing' or that is what it seemed like.. all the pet owners were kind of on the same area and they have a pet pick up station outside the exit near this hallway. The hotel staff were friendly and they have Bath & Body Works products. Overall good stay. (I put a low rating for value because it was around 300 with the pet fee for the US Open weekend-- all of the hotels jacked up the prices and this was not a 300/night hotel.)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. WE will address them with our Management staff. We hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Not a bad place to stay.

Object to the pet fee of $40. That is like charging for a person for your pets.

Entry 4 did not work so any one could get into the inner ring.

I will say that the breakfast selection is very good and the staff is exceptional.

Room Tip: No pet walk area
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank You again for your feedback. We are glad that for the most part you enjoyed your stay with us! The pet fee is a cleaning fee that we use to ensure a deep cleaned room upon arrival. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

From the time I checked in to the minute of check out, this is by far one of the best stays at a hotel I have had in all my stays in North Carolina. The service was awesome, rooms and hotel was clean comfortable and inviting! The staff went above and beyond my expectations to insure I had an enjoyable stay. They were busy at checkin and the GM came out and helped to get everyone checked in very quickly. The restaurant was had great service and tasty food. (I ordered room service and it was spot on!) I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when traveling in this area. I wish more hotels lived up to the standards of this hotel. A special thanks to the GM for following up with me several time throughout my stay to make sure everything was going well! Thanks Holiday Inn @ I-95 for making my stay the best!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is AMAZING! Walking to my room I ran into, who I found out later was, the general manager. I joked and asked when were the cookies going to be ready. The extremely nice lady said, "cookies, what room are you in, I'll bring some up." I laughed and said thanks, but didn't put much more thought into it. 20 min later my phone rang, it was the front desk, asking if I ordered a plate of
Cookies. I laughed again and said, well I guess so. So here I am sitting in my room with a plate of cookies!!!!! It may not sound like much, but it ment a lot to me. Just imagine how good this hotel could be for you? Attention to detail...... Check that box for sure!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and your cookies! We look forward to having you with us again!