“Always a nice experience”

Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Ohio
“Always a nice experience”
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We've been visiting the Fayetteville area every 3 months or so for the past two years. Each time we stay at this Holiday Inn. It's location is perfect for us because we have family members that we visit south of town. There has never been a bad experience on any of our stays.

We travel quite a bit and find this hotel to be excellent. The water presssure is good, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the staff is friendly. It is located about 5-10 minutes from the museums in the area. We visited the Botanical Gardens and the Special Ops Museum. We also played some golf at the Stryker Golf Course at Ft. Bragg.

We are in the Priority Club and received free breakfast tickets. The morning buffet had an excellent choice of breakfast foods and everything tasted great. Be aware that the orange juice is an extra cost, though. We tend to drink milk instead because it is free with the meal.

I'm not sure what the previous reviews are about. We've stayed here multiple times and wouldn't think of staying at another hotel. I do know that some people complain no matter what you do for them.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Hotel staff was helpful and efficient. Easy access to I-95. We were upgraded to a suite. Breakfast was included...but only for 2 people! 4 of us in the room, so I thought that was rather cheesy of the hotel to charge for two. Room was fine. Parking was fine. I am planning on staying here again during the return drive.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Flaesb
Sebastian, FL
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Having read the reviews on this site, I reserved with much trepidation, but my husband is a Priority Club Member, and we were travelling north for a family visit with our new dog.

Many reviews say this hotel is in a "bad neighborhood." This hotel is about a mile off 95, and on the main drag, with about 6 other hotels clustered around it. We had stayed at the Sleep Inn last year (don't accept dogs), and that was fine, with a Ruby Tuesday across the street. No, it's not a tourist area, and if I was on vacation, I certainly wouldn't be staying here, but if you're staying overnight as you travel 95 (or if you're visitng family at Ft. Bragg), it's a reasonable alternative.

Our room was fine. The sleeping area appeared to be recently refurbished. We had new carpeting, and a new bed. And the bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was a little worn, but it was clean. We were placed at the back of the hotel, which was fine with us, as there was an open field, and we could walk the dog there and play with her. The courtyard is cute. The pool didn't appear to be dirty, but I didn't get in or walk up close. The common areas were fine.

If you are a priortity club member, you get two free drink coupons at their bar, and two coupons for a breakfast. The restaurant/bar is a strange little affair. The bartender was VERY slow, so we just did our two free drinks and had dinner at Ruby Tuesday. Breakfast in the AM was fine.

If this hotel was about $75 with a $10 pet fee, I'd stay there again, for our overnight while traveling with our dog. But we had to pay $100, plus a $25 pet fee. So next time, I will try an alternative. If you don't have a pet, and just want a clean, more inexpensive stay, I recommend the Sleep Inn across the street.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Albany, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Stayed at this hotel numerous times, each time service and value went downhill. My mothers pocketbook stolen out of room, cops called. Cop spoke about being at this hotel on 3 seperate occasions in the past 3 months. Cop gave us a report of 1st degree burgulry of a pocketbook. No help from Hotel, no concern. Contents of pocketbook found down the street by a dumpster and still the hotel didnt believe us. Room key report showed missing times and the key being used when we were down at the pool. DONT STAY HERE!!!!
Pool was dirty.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank tsmami2
Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel. The staff was rude the hotel looks like it was built in the 70's and not remodeled since. I thought it was an abysmal excuse for a hotel and would never in a million years ever stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Delaware
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Stayed in hotel on the way from Florida back to Delaware. One night only. The bed was very uncomfortable and I was moving the sheets around when I realized the sheets were dirty. Obviously not changed after the last guest. There appeared to be blood on one of the sheets and a huge "mystery stain" on the same sheet. Told clerk at desk the next morning when leaving. His response was that "that was not acceptable and the room should have been checked". Said we should have called front desk when we discovered dirty sheets (that was 11PM). Did not sleep all night. For two days after my skin itched. GROSS, GROSS, GROSS. Have crossed Holiday Inns off list of places to stay. GROSS.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Reviewed 26 January 2009

This hotel was built to be nice. Lobby & corridors were built to be upscale. Problem is, the years have passed & they have been slow to keep up & refurbish. The rooms are outdated & show there age. I would guess the hotel is 25-30 yes. old. Once I complained about the VERY old beds & the mgr. explained that they are aware of the problem and replacing them as they can. Next stay I requested a room w/ new bed and got it. The new beds are obviously cheap & uncomfortable. The one bright spot is the pool, which is outstanding - indoor, large, and well heated, BUT no hot tub. Breakfast (which is included if you are a Priority Club member) is pretty good. It's not made-to-order, so pancakes taste like they were made many hours ago, but it is a relatively full, hot breakfast, though not worth the $10 they get for regular walk-ins (non-members). The BIG PROBLEM with this place is that they have raised prices dramatically in the past 2-3 yrs. With the age & condition of the place it was marginally worth it before, now it is just way, way overpriced. I don't mind paying good money, but the rates here are way, way out of proportion to the quality of the hotel....period. $89 would be about the most the market will bear for these rooms. $79 would be a fair price on today's market. From $129 leads me to believe the owners have delusions of gradeur. Either that or they are trying to milk it for everything they can get & don't care about repeat business. Stay at the Comfort Inn - the rooms are 2nd rate there too, but it's $50 less a night. OR, spend $129 but stay at the Hilton Garden Inn which is 10 times better and 1st class in every way - a Hilton bed is like a dream (& they have a hot tub). I think the Holiday Inn will find that it doesn't pay to buy the cheapest beds they can find.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the beds & rooms
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cruisedoc1