“Disgusting!!!! Don't stay here.”

Knights Inn Fayetteville
Ranked #44 of 54 Hotels in Fayetteville
Reviewed 20 August 2009

This place was disgusting. There was a bad smell in the lobby and in the room. The breakfast was almost non-existant then when I ate it I wish it was non-existant. The juice was sour, the cereal was stale and the coffee was nasty. The bathroom was dirty the floors were not cleaned and the bedding was not crisp and clean. Don't stay here! Even in a pinch.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Abramsmom

Reviewed 8 August 2009

First, I show up at the front door with 2 large suitcases and 2 smaller bags, and despite the Indian owner and his relatives standing around outside and lounging in the lobby watching TV, not one person offers to help me carry my bags inside. I had to struggle through a set of double doors, back several trips back and forth, and no one even looked at me. Check in girl was caucasian, non-family member, no issues. I was given room key, again, no one offered to help me carry bags to room, made several trips while family sat in lobby.

First thing I did in room was pull back sheets and inspect bed; there were hairs and dirt everywhere. Sheets had obviously NOT been changed from previous occupants. I took several pictures. Carpet in hallway to room and inside room was damp and sticky, inside room was worse, as if someone spilled soda all over carpet; sticky and moist.

Security safe was not attached to wall, it was simply screwed to a stool and was sitting on the floor. There was hair in the bathroom as well, have to wonder if room was even cleaned at all, or just "made up". There were paint splotches on most of the furniture and coffee maker, as if the person who painted the room even bothered to cover anything. Safety latch on door was broke off.

To be fair, when I went to the front and complained about the hair on the sheets, the guy did come and look and take the sheets and brought me new ones, and I helped him change the sheets. He didn't seem apologetic or even surprised. Maybe I am naive and this place is just a hooker hotel?

Light bulb inside refrigerator was burnt out. Paint and plaster on ceiling and wall was peeling off. The "breakfast" room was reachable by walking through several dark and damp hallways (the entire building looked, felt and smelled as if it had been shut down years ago), and was simply a dark, damp room with some dry cereal and bagles sitting out. The juice machine was broken, of course.

I am not a xenophobe or have anything against immigrants coming to America to seek prosperity, but evidently these owners simply bought a dumpy motel that used to belong to the Ramada company, and haven't done a thing since. I would bet that they have NO experience in running a hotel in America. I've traveled all over the world and stayed in some questionable establishments, but for the money I paid, this hotel was definitely the worst I've ever been in. Some places are dumps, but they are cheap, or they have great food, or the service makes up for other things, but this dump has NO redeeming qualities. How they even manage to stay in business puzzles me.

The front desk closes at 10pm, by the way, and there appears to be no management or staff around anywhere to handle any problems. I am amazed. To be fair, maybe the dirty sheets was just a one-time mistake, maybe the cleaning person simply missed it. Who knows. Also, the next morning, several of us were trying to check out, no one was at the front desk, none of us knew what to do, should we simply leave?

In summary, perhaps if the multiple family members worked hard and cleaning, repairing, maintaining and running this dump instead of sitting in the lobby and watching TV or surfing the web on the lone computer, they might turn it into a decent enough place, but no one there seems to have any interest in doing so. Don't stay here unless you are in dire need of a place.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank Dharma_Punk
Reviewed 27 July 2009

The walls and furniture were stained; the lobby had a peculiar odor, the carpet trim was separating from the wall, the advertised pool was closed. Dealt with two staff members #1 Pleasant but totally incompetent # =2 Downright rude. They had to search for a TV controller for 10 minutes.
DO NOT STAY HERE even if you must continue driving

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimlve
Reviewed 24 April 2009

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Myrtle Beach, traveling with 3 families. We selected this hotel based on the location and the fact that it had a pool! The pool was empty except for a few inches of brown gross water! I wanted to leave as soon as I noticed that the front desk was behind glass! The elevator was broken so I had to use the stairwell that was littered with cigarette butts and trash. The trash can at the end of the hall had burnt matches on top of it as well as cigarette butts. The room smelled of cigarettes even though it was a non smoking room. The floor & carpet was so gross that I instructed my family not to step on the floor with bare feet! Our group realized we were in trouble when none of the pizza places we called would deliver to the hotel! Needless to say we left first thing in the morning and did not stick around for the free breakfast - WE WERE OUTTA THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! & not a minute to soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryCNewYork
Reviewed 1 March 2009

I stood here for only 1 night. I booked this hotel online due to the price. I only paid $50.00 with tax and all. The hotel is located right off Intersate 95 exit 49. The hallways have a strange odor. My room was an below average room. It had no microwave or refridgerator. It did have cable TV. This hotel offers a continental breakfast, but it is very limited. All that was offered was coffee, orange juice, apple juice, frosted flakes, raisin bran, muffins, donuts and plain bread.
So to sum it up, if all you want to do is just sleep, shower and go, it's worth the price. The confort of the bed was not bad.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank andy598
Reviewed 30 July 2008

This Ramada hotel was the first overnight stop on a long awaited group trip to Hilton Head our final destination.
It was after 10pm when we arrived tired and looking forward to a good nights rest. From the moment my room mate and I entered the elevator to go to our room I felt as if I had arrrived at the city dump. The elevator was filthy, the halls were hot, smelly and stuffy.
When my room mate entered the room and proceded to the bed near the window, she saw a roach run under the bed. In addition to that; the air conditioner did not work, and the bathtub looked as if it had not been cleaned for days.
After calling the front desk and informing them about the condition of the room; it took a second call at 10:40pm before any action was taken to resolve the issue. We were assigned another room.
Management never apologized for the inconvenience. My word to weary travelers: "caveat emptor." My suggestion to the Ramada parent company: Tear it down and start over!

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank onesun4me
Reviewed 23 May 2008

I am a traveling truck driver that requires above averageaccommadations after spending weeks sleeping in my truck. This "Ramada" offered that as well as staff that would send in in the perfect direction to eat, find church services, stores, attractions, etc. I canno begin to tell you how much I appreciated all the help and comfort that the staff provided me. It actually made me not want to leave and go back to work becuase I had found a extension of my family in them. I will try to get to Fayetteville again and I will surely stay at this Ramada again!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)