“You won't even believe how bad....” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn Fayetteville

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fayetteville
Knights Inn Fayetteville
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Fayetteville
Maryland
“You won't even believe how bad....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

A group of friends and I were going to the Airborne Museum and we booked this place online. We had an 88 year old WWII veteran in our party who arrived before us and checked in so he could nap. When the rest of us arrived in the lobby, we started looking at each other realizing this wasn't the place to be. However, because our friend was already checked in and taking a nap, we felt kind of stuck. We went ahead and checked in.
We had a total of 7 in our party and we were split amongst 3 rooms. I walked in my room in an unlit hallway and noticed the spring was broken on the door (which makes it slam shut for safety in a hotel). The room was definitely beat up, but fairly clean. I pulled the sheets back to inspect the bed and they appeared clean. I checked the bathroom and found that the shower wall was damaged. I figured I'd check on the vet and visited his room. The room was similarly beat up.
I stepped out to go to the 3rd room and saw a woman walking down the hall. I noticed she was checking doors and realized I had left mine open (again, no spring). She asked how I was doing and "if I needed any entertainment tonight". I told her no and saw her push my door open and ask my roommate, who was still inside the room, the same question. Great!!! Not even there 5 minutes and a prostitute is working the halls! I knocked on the door of our 3rd room to tell my buddy a "your not going to believe this" story. Well, he beat me to the punch by saying "I stepped on a crack pipe in the bathroom!" (We're both former narcotics officers, we know what they look like) Super!!! We're packing up!
We gathered our things and went up to the desk clerk and advised that we weren't staying and we'd like our money back. The clerk hesitated for a bit, but quickly relented when we asked her to call the local police (seemed really anxious not to have them around). We got our money back and also phoned the manager at home.
Think the story is done? Think again....
While we were waiting for a cab to get out of there, a man walked into the lobby, waved at the clerk, and walked back to where the rooms are. Having a little bit of police sense, we looked back the hallway and watched the man check all of the doors down the hallway. I shook my head and decided I'd keep a lookout for the cab outside in front of the hotel. While waiting, the man came outside a short while later and approached me. He politely, and rather strongly, suggested I give him some money. Being a bit PO'd at the episode at this point, I politely told him to hit the trail. I'm not sure if it was my tone, or the fact that the rest of my party decided to join me outside that caused him to change his tone. He then advised me he was homeless and lived nearby and that if I could please spare some money. I have a heart, but not after his initial tone. See ya!
One thing, but it may not be related, but it might be. My credit card number was used in a Pizza Hut in Louisville, KY 2 days after leaving the hotel. Coincidence?
If you read this and still go to this place, YOU ARE NUTS!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank wildshot36

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

we were coming back from Florida to New York and needed to make a night stop...having this hotel around some fast food places we thought would make a good stop (it was around 11 PM)...so we stayed here....place was under renovation (adds to the misery)....even though we had said that we were 4 guests (2 adults + 2 children), we were given only 2 towels...we asked for more, front desk clerk said they will deliver. Needless to say that we never go the towels, called again and again and same reply....next day complained to the manager, no response ...not even sorry....AC was too noisy, room smelled....we stayed because it was too late in night and we're just too tired....

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank y2kman

Travellers are raving about these Fayetteville hotels

tampa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

I had issues from the time I entered the hotel. There was a very bad odor that slaps you in the face. The staff was basically non existant. There was no soap, shampoo, coffee in the room. The hall ways were not air conditioned and smelled. The shower was in a bad state of repair. The room could barely be called clean. I went down the following morning to check out and there was no one available to even check out with. I came back that afternoon and complained to the front desk and stated I would be checking out in the morning. I have been traveling for over 20 years and I can tell you because of this hotel I will NEVER stay at another Ramada Inn!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank coltef
Bamberg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

This place was disgusting. There was a bad smell in the lobby and in the room. The breakfast was almost non-existant then when I ate it I wish it was non-existant. The juice was sour, the cereal was stale and the coffee was nasty. The bathroom was dirty the floors were not cleaned and the bedding was not crisp and clean. Don't stay here! Even in a pinch.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Abramsmom
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

First, I show up at the front door with 2 large suitcases and 2 smaller bags, and despite the Indian owner and his relatives standing around outside and lounging in the lobby watching TV, not one person offers to help me carry my bags inside. I had to struggle through a set of double doors, back several trips back and forth, and no one even looked at me. Check in girl was caucasian, non-family member, no issues. I was given room key, again, no one offered to help me carry bags to room, made several trips while family sat in lobby.

First thing I did in room was pull back sheets and inspect bed; there were hairs and dirt everywhere. Sheets had obviously NOT been changed from previous occupants. I took several pictures. Carpet in hallway to room and inside room was damp and sticky, inside room was worse, as if someone spilled soda all over carpet; sticky and moist.

Security safe was not attached to wall, it was simply screwed to a stool and was sitting on the floor. There was hair in the bathroom as well, have to wonder if room was even cleaned at all, or just "made up". There were paint splotches on most of the furniture and coffee maker, as if the person who painted the room even bothered to cover anything. Safety latch on door was broke off.

To be fair, when I went to the front and complained about the hair on the sheets, the guy did come and look and take the sheets and brought me new ones, and I helped him change the sheets. He didn't seem apologetic or even surprised. Maybe I am naive and this place is just a hooker hotel?

Light bulb inside refrigerator was burnt out. Paint and plaster on ceiling and wall was peeling off. The "breakfast" room was reachable by walking through several dark and damp hallways (the entire building looked, felt and smelled as if it had been shut down years ago), and was simply a dark, damp room with some dry cereal and bagles sitting out. The juice machine was broken, of course.

I am not a xenophobe or have anything against immigrants coming to America to seek prosperity, but evidently these owners simply bought a dumpy motel that used to belong to the Ramada company, and haven't done a thing since. I would bet that they have NO experience in running a hotel in America. I've traveled all over the world and stayed in some questionable establishments, but for the money I paid, this hotel was definitely the worst I've ever been in. Some places are dumps, but they are cheap, or they have great food, or the service makes up for other things, but this dump has NO redeeming qualities. How they even manage to stay in business puzzles me.

The front desk closes at 10pm, by the way, and there appears to be no management or staff around anywhere to handle any problems. I am amazed. To be fair, maybe the dirty sheets was just a one-time mistake, maybe the cleaning person simply missed it. Who knows. Also, the next morning, several of us were trying to check out, no one was at the front desk, none of us knew what to do, should we simply leave?

In summary, perhaps if the multiple family members worked hard and cleaning, repairing, maintaining and running this dump instead of sitting in the lobby and watching TV or surfing the web on the lone computer, they might turn it into a decent enough place, but no one there seems to have any interest in doing so. Don't stay here unless you are in dire need of a place.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank Dharma_Punk
Wimauma, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

The walls and furniture were stained; the lobby had a peculiar odor, the carpet trim was separating from the wall, the advertised pool was closed. Dealt with two staff members #1 Pleasant but totally incompetent # =2 Downright rude. They had to search for a TV controller for 10 minutes.
DO NOT STAY HERE even if you must continue driving

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimlve
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Myrtle Beach, traveling with 3 families. We selected this hotel based on the location and the fact that it had a pool! The pool was empty except for a few inches of brown gross water! I wanted to leave as soon as I noticed that the front desk was behind glass! The elevator was broken so I had to use the stairwell that was littered with cigarette butts and trash. The trash can at the end of the hall had burnt matches on top of it as well as cigarette butts. The room smelled of cigarettes even though it was a non smoking room. The floor & carpet was so gross that I instructed my family not to step on the floor with bare feet! Our group realized we were in trouble when none of the pizza places we called would deliver to the hotel! Needless to say we left first thing in the morning and did not stick around for the free breakfast - WE WERE OUTTA THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! & not a minute to soon.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family