“Great hotel and location!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Just returned from 3 night stay at this hotel. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised! I lived in the area over 10 years ago when there was nothing but the airport, the gas station, and the J&S Cafeteria. The hotel was very easy to access from interstate I-26 and was and excellent location; close to Target, Walmart, Best Buy and many restaurants. We reserved a King Suite which was well appointed. The room included a sofa, stove, 2 TVs, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee maker, coffee, plates, etc. The bed was very comfortable. The room also had an oversized tub with whirlpool jets. As in one of the previous comments, the hotel staff called us to make sure that we were coming in as the hour was getting late. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful at all times; everything was extremely pleasant. Even though the location was not downtown Asheville, it was a short drive to town and other nearby attractions, without all of the traffic and noise of downtown. I would highly recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad that you were able to make yourself right at home during your your stay. I truly appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and I hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We chose this hotel which was right off the highway and close to AVL. The room was spacious and quiet. The bed, ultra cozy. There were several restaurants nearby for supper. The breakfast provided by the Hampton was wonderful. I highly recommend this Hampton Inn. Clean, quiet and the rooms are well appointed. And the price is right!

Room Tip: Back of the building is best. High floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you got to experience the beautiful view of the mountains during your stay. We strive daily to ensure that all of guests are able to relax and enjoy themselves while they are here with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Good hotel that meets your expectations for what a nice Hampton Inn should be. We booked this hotel because the Inn on the Biltmore was full. It is a ways away from downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Estate, but it is cheaper than the other properties closer to the estate.
The front desk was very friendly and efficient and check in was quick and painless. The room was clean and orderly, and the bed was very comfortable. We had a 1 bedroom suite that included a small kitchenette and a separate living room. There is free wifi and there is plenty of parking outside the hotel. We didn't use the pool or restaurant, but everything seemed very well maintained and the hotel does proved free breakfast.
We had no issues with this property and would recommend it as an affordable alternative to staying in downtown Asheville.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accomodations during your recent visit to the area. I truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to respond and letting us know about your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed here for a 3-night weekend (Friday-Sunday nights). As an HHonor member, we stay at Hampton Inns whenever possible, which is virtually always. This one was high quality, seemed like it was very fresh.

Service at the desk was very good; they knew how to explain how to get around the area. And they have their signature cookies (some Hampton Inns don't!) which are put out at 4pm.

The only problem I have with the HHonors program (*not* directed to this hotel but I want to publicize this problem) is that, because the card is in my name, I have to stay at the hotel and I have to pay for it. The problem occurs if my wife goes someplace by herself very occasionally - she can't use the card (and it doesn't make sense for her to get a separate one). If she wants to pay for a particular trip, she can't, because the points won't be credited to the card.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to the area. I would like to thank you for being a Hilton Honors member and for your loyalty to the brand. I hope that as the brand continues to make improvements in the HHonors program that your concerns will be resolved. I certainly appreciate your feedback because it is vital in order for us to continue improving our product. Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Nothing to boast about. It's well kept. Lot of chains within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for sharing your comments. We strive daily to ensure that our property is well maintained and in tip top shape for our guests. I would like to thank you for being our guest and I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I generally have to start off my reviews by saying I am a Hilton Diamond Guest. I do this because those of you who are Road Warriors will understand what the expectations are when you are in a brand enough to earn their top traveler designation. Many times, casual travelers are not as concerned about the same things. So -- with this I will say the casual traveler will probably have no problem with this property. I however, expect as a Hilton Diamond Guest the highest quality in all areas of my stay. As far as the hotel is concerned, you will find the standard fare that a Hampton Inn offers, the normal "Bla" accommodations, and the typical bland and hi carbo offerings for breakfast.

What I have little tolerance for is "Poor" front desk staff abilty to handle issues/concerns, etc. First of all -- I booked this reservation about a month in advance, my profile is filled with my frequent travel criteria, which in this case was totally ignorned. Furthermore, the young lady at the front desk seemd unable (or more to me unwilling) to accommodate my request. Finally after a near slap down, she did retrieve the night manager that was equally inept at addressing my needs. I still did not get the room I requested or in the location of the hotel I requested. Actually, I had to wind up taking a handicapped room on a higher floor that was a good 10 minute walk from the very inadequate parking this facility offers. The previous evening, I had been contact by the front desk to move my vehicle as it was not parked appropriately in the parking lot. Obviously, they didn't take the time notice that there was NOOOOOO Parking anywhere on the premises. I guess they wanted me to park vehicle on the street. Finally after driving around the parking lot for some time, a guest left the facility which opened up a slot to park. I find all of this totally unacceptable. I have stayed at this property several times in the past, with similar results. It will be "MY LAST VISIT" to this property. I would have to be in desperation mode before I would chose to stay here again. The only reason I was at this property again this time was the fact that the "Leaf Watchers" are out in full force and many of the other Hilton Branded properties feel it necessary to double their rates for this period of time. Good Luck to those of you that do select this property for a stay and have to encounger the "Less Than Customer Friendly" Front Desk Staff. They Really Are The Worst!!!!

Room Tip: This hotel has a very funky layout. The parking is way away from the rooms. My suggestion would be...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bryan W
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Thank you so much for your recent comments. I truly value your input. I would like to offer you my sincere apology for the issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. I am terribly sorry that we were unable to fulfill your request for and a first floor room at checkin. It is so challenging when our hotel is sold out and our availability is limited. We do view all guests' requests and try to meet those requests everyday and especially for our Diamond Hilton Honors members. I would sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again and please be aware that I have extended our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for this stay. Again, I apologize that we were unable to meet your requests and hope that I will be able to assist you in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed at The Hampton Inn in Fletcher because of its proximity to the Asheville Airport (think 6am flight). I am usually not a fan of Hamptons so when I booked it I asked for a king suite ($126 seemed reasonable) The lobby is beautiful, staff is friendly and the room was huge and really comfortable. They had their breakfast buffet already set up by 430am and the staff could not have been more helpful in getting us food before our flight. The indoor pool, hot tub and workout rooms all looked really nice and clean. It was quiet and convenient. We will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I love hearing that you found everything to be what you expected and more. We strive to go over and beyond for our guests everyday. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26? Share your experiences!