“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Lanett, Alabama
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed one night and really enjoyed our stay. The front desk attendants were friendly and efficient and the lobby was beautifully appointed. We enjoyed the hot tub inside off of the small work-out area but there was also a hot tub outside next to the pool. Clean towels were available right next to the hot tub/pool area.

Our room was spacious with plenty of space for the four of us. We had two double beds that were very comfortable. They supplied a hair dryer and iron. I would have enjoyed more access to electrical plugs for charging electronic devices and spreading out to style hair, etc. The air conditioning worked very well to keep us cool on this hot July weekend.

After a comfortable night's sleep, we were treated to a breakfast in the lobby. The selection was varied and delicious.

The hotel was located close to the Asheville airport and only a little drive to downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our some of our wonderful amenities. We want all of our guests to feel right home from the minute they walk through the door. I hope that you will come back and visit us in the near future. I truly appreciate your business and thank you again for your kind words.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here 1 night while moving our Daughter in law and kids back to South Carolina from Tennessee when my son came back from deployment. Our departure from home was delayed so we needed a convenient place for an over-night. Convenience is a very descriptive word for this hotel. I agree to earlier reviews that this hotel is very comfortable and apealing and we enjoyed the location right off the freeway. There are lots of eating establishments close by and the breakfast was sufficient for our family.
There was plenty of free well-lit parking with roving security and we found room for the rental truck with no problem.

I can't speak to many of the amenities but what I saw was clean, comfortable and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially in the breakfast room. I used points for payment and this stay took 35,000 points which is a little high but the stay was just what we needed. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Higher floors are usually quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that when you return you will get to enjoy more of the amenities we offer. We have an indoor whirlpool and sauna as well as an outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool. We also have an indoor fitness center that provides state of the art equipment. We strive daily to ensure that are guests are made to feel welcome from the time they walk through the doors. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This Hampton Inn is far above the usual large-chain-hotel experience in our eyes! The lobby is gorgeous with rich wood furnishings and accents. It feels elegant yet is very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is full of choices to give us a good start each morning which is saving us money. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating in all regards. There are locked safe deposit boxes at the registration desk for your valuables which is very handy. Yes, there is the usual desktop computer in the lobby for guest use but printing off it is free which is a first for us... very handy when you need directions somewhere and don't have a GPS device! All areas of the hotel are spotless and well appointed. The most delightful surprise is our room. We booked a king-size suite with accessibility because I have some health issues and walk with a cane. The suite is the size of a large apartment, complete with a full size living room and a kitchen equipped with a dishwasher, breakfast bar and full size refrigerator. There are even dishes and silverware in the cabinets. The bedroom is HUGE! Two flat panel TV's, two phones, recliner chair, ottoman... we have it all! Since we are staying 6 nights, we did not want to bump into each other all week. You could not feel cramped in this space if you tried. And we didn't spend a dime more for this "apartment" than a regular room with a king bed. Amazing! We are comfortable, happy and feeling a bit like royalty. Our suite is on the fifth floor - there are great views of the mountains from our windows. Since it is an end unit, we basically have our own hallway which is ultra quiet. Housekeeping has been wonderful with supplies. The only downfall to our stay is the whirlpool tub which I did not want and specifically asked NOT to have when I made the registration. The sides are perhaps two feet tall with a sloping wall which is quite scary for a semi-disabled person. My husband has to help me climp into it and also reach the shower wand which is too tall for such a deep tub. But I am willing to live with this one flaw in order to enjoy the three-room space we have with every amenity! We will definitely stay in this Hampton Inn again when we come back to the Asheville area. It is centered between Asheville and Hendersonville with lots of shops and restaurants in easy driving distance. It is easily one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Book a room on the fifth floor for the serenity and the views. Get a king-size suite for extra space...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so glad to here that you were able to experience one of our luxurious suties as well as some of the amenities that we offer here. I love to read that you felt a bit like "royalty". We strive daily to ensure that all of our guests feel right at home from the minute they walk through the door. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I will certainly share your comments with my staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Kentucky
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Pluses: The hotel is located within easy of Asheville and is affordably priced for the area. There is a nice outdoor pool area and the lobby is richly decorated with comfortable furniture. The room we had has not yet been remodeled in the new Hampton style (the bathroom was) but was well appointed.

Cons: The beds, however are the older soft, wobbly mattresses. Also, the mattress cover kept slipping off the corners of the bed during the night. The breakfast bar area is large but is an 'all carb' zone, missing any proteins. The are a few heat and serve sausage sandwiches and only one waffle machine, which had a line the whole time we were down.

Would we come back: Yes, the hotel was clean and the staff very friendly, the location convenient and the price affordable for the area.

• Stayed March 2012
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad to hear that you got to experience our beautiful lobby. We have a lot of upcoming changes in our hotel over the next couple months. This fall we will be converting our breakfast to a full hot breakfast which will allow our guests to enjoy scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again and being able to enjoy our new breakfast. We take pride in ensuring that all of guests feel right at home the minute they walk through the door. Your feedback is very vital to our success and I thank you again for taking the time share your experience.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2012

As soon as we entered the lobby we were surprised at the lovely decor! It was much more than the "usual" Hampton Inns. The staff was so pleasant and accommodating, even sending wine glasses to our room as we were celebrating a happy event. The room was spacious and decorated very nicely as well as clean and inviting. This particular Hampton Inn has an usually nice lobby area and breakfast area. We enjoyed our leisurely breakfast here before our departure. This is not a typical Hampton Inn. It will definitely be on our list for staying close to Asheville any time we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you so much for your response regarding your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly appreciate your kind words and will most definitely share them with my staff. We strive daily to ensure that all of our guests feel right at home from the minute they walk in the door. Thank you for being our guest and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Mason, Michigan
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Easy access from I-26, very quiet! Friendly, helpful staff! Close to several restaurants (Outback to McDonalds), Ruby Tuesdays within walking distance. Loved the fitness area and indoor whirlpool. Very Hampton Inn, clean rooms ...great mattress and bedding! Continental breakfast only, still very nice! Only fault I see is you have to cancel 24 hrs in advance...when you are traveling, things happen that doesn 't make that possible. This not a typical Hampton Inn policy...usually you can cancel up to 6pm of that day. Local owner of the three Asheville Hampton Inns set his own policy. For that reason and continental breakfast only gets 4 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed March 2012
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you so much for your response. I am so gald to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience some of the wonderful amenities we offer. I am excited to share with you that later this year, we will be making some improvements to our breakfast. I hope that you will come back and stay with us and enjoy our wonderful new breakfast. Thank you for sharing your concerns about our cancellation policy. I understand completely and I hope that this was not an incovenience to you. I truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Eastchester, New York
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My wife and I traveled to the Asheville area for a bridal shower and to visit the Biltmore Estate. We booked this Hampton Inn, not really expecting much other than a basic hotel. From the moment we checked in the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean, and the free breakfast was a nice surprise...everything from fruit and cereal to microwavable breakfast items and freshly made waffles. The lounge area was very nice, with a fireplace and a large TV. They had hot coffee and tea available 24 hours a day. Other family members also booked rooms at the hotel, and we all watched the Super Bowl together in the lounge on Sunday afternoon/evening. The staff was accommodating and turned the music off so we could watch the game. On departure (5am) the hotel provided a "snack" to take with us, which was a bag with an apple, muffin, granola bar, and bottled water. A very nice touch to end our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you were able to kick back and enjoy the game in our lobby. I value your input and will most definitely share your kind words with my staff. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
#3 of 7 in Fletcher
Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26? Share your experiences!