“A Hampton Inn two steps higher than normal”

Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Charleston, South Carolina
“A Hampton Inn two steps higher than normal”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The hotel in Fletcher was merely a selection from the internet - and I had Hilton points. We were very surprised and pleased to find the property was exceptionally well-maintained, staff and front-desk personnel were extremely pleasant, and we enjoyed a refreshingly quiet night. Normally Hampton Inns are comfortable and you can count on certain ammenities -- this one was truly two steps higher than the usual Hampton Inn service. As always, a full breakfast area awaits you in the morning, and the check-in and check-out processes were smooth and extremely efficient. We will stay there again on our frequent trips from South Carolina to Tennessee.

Room Tip: Even though our room was situated very near the elevator, we did not hear any noise from it overnigh...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank drjackiefish
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind words. We strive daily to ensure that our guests feel right at home from the moment they walk through the door. I will certainly share your comments with my staff and commend them on a job well done. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you for being our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Hampton Inns can be counted on for reasonable prices, clean rooms and friendly staff. This one is no exception. The clerk was on the phone when we checked in with someone complaining that there is no "hot breakfast". They offer the usual assortment -waffles, toast, cereal, juice, yogurt etc. plus items like pancakes and breakfast burritos to microwave... all very good options. They are supposed to start serving the "hot breakfast" (eggs and breakfast meat) at the end of the year. There is an outdoor pool and whirlpool, plus indoor whirlpool and sauna. Nice after being on a motorcycle for 6 hours. There are several options for eating lunch or dinner close by... a Ruby Tuesdays right up the steps off the parking lot. A couple of minor complaints we have about Hampton Inns is the sinks in their bathrooms are in a very high vanity. I am 5'1" tall and have to stand on my tiptoes to brush my teeth. Also they keep the coffee pot in the bathroom... yuuuuk!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy to enjoy some of our amenities. We are really excited about our upcoming changes in breakfast. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again so you can enjoy the new items that will be available. Your feedback is so important to us because it allows us to better serve you as well as our other guests. I will certainly take a look into the minor complaints you had in regards to the height of the vanity and the placement of the coffee pot and see if there is anything we can do to make it better. Your business is truly appreciated and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you again.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I am a frequent traveler and stay at Hilton properties almost exclusively. Hampton Inns are typically clean, comfortable and secure. This hotel was no exception. My only complaint is the poor light levels in the room. My room was on the back side of the hotel, and large trees just outside my window blocked all daylight. Even in the middle of the day, it was dark in the room. The hotel has tried to compensate for this by placing 5 or 6 lamps in the room. However, the CFL lamps were not very bright and it made for a gloomy feel to the room. You would think they would trim the tress to let a little more light in the room. Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel where there are no trees.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel where there are no trees - otherwise you will find the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am terribly sorry that you had an issue with the amount of natural light that entered your room. I will certainly work with maintenance and my landscaping crew to correct any issues. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Jonesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The front desk of this hotel has personality pls when Pamela, Vinny and Christine are working the evening shift. Not only were they knowledgable and efficient they were also quite entertainling. It was pleasant to see the friendly interaction between the employees and guest. They made us feel very welcome. Almost like coming to a family reunion. It never failed when we came to the desk they were smiling, enjoying their work and qite often singing.

The room was fantastic. For a property that is over 10yrs old it is very well maintained. No body odor or must smell you sometimes find at older hotels. The bed linen was spotless and duvet soft and cozy. You have got to try these beds.

I did not have much interaction with the housekeeping staff but what little chance I got I found them to be just peachy. They greeted me with a smile and unlike some places it did not seem fakey.

Kudos to the staff. (all the staff) I highly recommend this location. Not just for the beauty of the area but for the property and especially the people.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Grey_Belle_Lady
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. It is our goal to make our guests feel right at home from the moment they walk through the door and it is wonderful to hear you felt that way during your stay. We strive daily to provide all of our guests with exceptional service and I am so pleased to read your comments regarding my staff. I will certainly share your comments with my entire staff and commend them for a job well done. I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
CT
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was our second stay at the Hampton Inn and we will definitely come back whenever we come to visit our family in Fletcher/Asheville area. We stayed for 4 nights over the Labor Day holiday weekend and it's incredibly convenient as we were able to fly into the Asheville airport. For us this hotel is super close to our family and the airport, but we went into Asheville, to Hendersonville for the Apple Festival, etc., and it was all very convenient.

It's nice that the hotel is sort of tucked back off the main road. Was also pleasantly surprised to find that Ruby Tuesday's next door was open til midnight on weekends so we were able to stop in for a drink before heading to bed one night.

Nice clean room with a comfortable bed, gym was good, breakfast was good though it's a bit of a madhouse at 8am. Early check-in went smoothly. I had only one minor complaint - the cleaning crew started fairly early(around 7:30 or 8 maybe?) and the halls were a bit noisy in the morning. We had our privacy sign on the door, removed it at about 9 but the room was not serviced all day. Not a big deal for me and my husband as we don't really make a mess. We will come back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Your feedback is truly valuable to me and my staff. I am so glad to hear that you were able to visit some of the historic places we have here in our area. I do apologize for the noise you experienced in the mornings and that we did not get to clean your room in a timely manner. I will certainly address these issues to ensure it does not happen again. I certainly hope that you were not inconvenienced in any way. Thank you again for sharing your comments, I look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We booked a 1 bedroom suite (with 2 queens) for our overnight stay while on the way to Myrtle Beach. We wanted a seperate sleeping area for the kids. This room was perfect. Very spacious and very clean. The hotel staff were all friendly. The breakfast in the morning was great for us. They had all kinds of fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices, waffle maker, sausage and biscuits and pancakes. The outdoor pool was nice, as was the hot tub area. The lobby area was beautiful. There were also plenty of dinner choices around that same exit. We plan on staying again next year on our way to the beach! Perfect hotel for a traveling family. I will say that it was a bit expensive, but I feel you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennyr76
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our luxurious suites. We strive daily to ensure that our guests have friendly service and clean, comfortable rooms and surroundings. I truly appreciate your comments and will most definitely share them with my entire staff. I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we offer here at the hotel. I look forward to having you and your family stay with us again next year.
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I had booked my room months in advance (one room suite with 1king bed and a separate living room/kitchenette) . Tried to check in and the only room availble in this format was the handicap room. Ok fine the front desk staff and the manager were both pleasant and explained that the room was bigger (she even took me up to see the room). The room was large, however could not go to sleep because the AC was so loud when it came on. Sounded like a train was coming into the room and once it was on it made this awful humming noise. I turned it off and tried to use the ceiling fan. Bad move, I thought the thing was going to fall from the ceiling.So about 2 a.m. I went to the front desk. She stated she could call the repair man, but it would take about an hour for him to come. I think the rapair came when my family and I were out. However his idea of fixing the AC and the ceiling fan was to leave the AC in on mode and turning the ceiling fan to a lower setting. Some of the electrical plugs did not work in the room either. This was room 525. I will chop this up to I just got a bad room. However I will try another hotel, the next time I visit Asheville.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank alektoy
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am terribly sorry that you were not happy with your room. I do apologize that the issues you encountered were not handled properly and to your satisfaction. We certainly strive to ensure that all of guests are satisfied during their stay and I am sorry that we fell short. I am glad that we were able to stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and offer that to you due to the fact that you were not satisfied with your stay. I truly hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future. We would certainly like the opportunity to have you as our guest again. Your feedback is vital to our success because it allows us to better serve you as well as our other guests. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26? Share your experiences!