“Here on business” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Woodstock, Canada
“Here on business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

The staff were friendly and the hotel was nice. I stayed for one week. I requested a studio suite, but none were available. If you like sweet food for breakfast you will enjoy their breakfast, unfortunately I do not enjoy sugary food in the morning. I completed a survey at their request and breakfast is the only low rating I gave.

Room Tip: If you want a good breakfast eat somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I do apologize that you did not enjoy our breakfast . We do have exciting changes coming to our breakfast in the next few weeks which will allow us to serve items such as bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, etc. I certainly hope that you will come back and stay with us again once the new breakfast is up and running. I certainly appreciate your feedback because it allows us to better serve you as well as our other guests. Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed here after touring the biltmore. We stay exclusively at Hampton Inns whenever possible. They are a hotel chain that you can depend on. This Hampton Inn was no different. Beautiful lobby, clean room, and friendly front desk. This was the most expensive Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at--$214 including taxes. I like the consistency in these hotels. The breakfast at this hotel was far from consistent with their counterparts. I read in an earlier review this same complaint. Management responded by stating that starting in the fall, their breakfast would be changing and improving. I would say that 10/6 is definitely fall. This was only a continental breakfast--not like what consistent Hampton Inn guests are used. Improvements need to be made. Otherwise, this is a fantastic property.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RBMB88
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I truly thank you for being so loyal to the Hampton brand. I certainly understand your concerns with our breakfast and we will be starting our upgrades in the next week or so. Once the upgrades are complete, our breakfast will include items such as bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc. I hope that you will come back and visit us and enjoy the new items we will be serving. Our lobby and public areas will have a new look and we are excited about the upcoming changes. Thank you again for your feedback.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Loved everything about it. Great for our family! Our room felt almost luxurious. Wished we could have stayed longer. Very convenient to access Blue Ridge Parkway. Breakfast atea is beautiful. Food was the only slight let down. Pool was great after long day in the car and we were glad it was open late as well as having the hot tub.
Hope we go back soon!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank tkurdi
Thank you so much for your kind words in your recent review. We truly appreciate your feedback. I am glad to here that you were able to enjoy the pool and outdoor whirlpool. We certainly want our guests to be able to come in and relax after a long day on the road. We have exciting new changes coming to our breakfast in the next couple of weeks and once we are completed with the upgrades to our lobby and public area, we will serving a breakfast that will have items such as bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. I certainly hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. Thank again for your comments.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

The hotel in Fletcher was merely a selection from the internet - and I had Hilton points. We were very surprised and pleased to find the property was exceptionally well-maintained, staff and front-desk personnel were extremely pleasant, and we enjoyed a refreshingly quiet night. Normally Hampton Inns are comfortable and you can count on certain ammenities -- this one was truly two steps higher than the usual Hampton Inn service. As always, a full breakfast area awaits you in the morning, and the check-in and check-out processes were smooth and extremely efficient. We will stay there again on our frequent trips from South Carolina to Tennessee.

Room Tip: Even though our room was situated very near the elevator, we did not hear any noise from it overnigh...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank drjackiefish
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind words. We strive daily to ensure that our guests feel right at home from the moment they walk through the door. I will certainly share your comments with my staff and commend them on a job well done. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you for being our guest.
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

Hampton Inns can be counted on for reasonable prices, clean rooms and friendly staff. This one is no exception. The clerk was on the phone when we checked in with someone complaining that there is no "hot breakfast". They offer the usual assortment -waffles, toast, cereal, juice, yogurt etc. plus items like pancakes and breakfast burritos to microwave... all very good options. They are supposed to start serving the "hot breakfast" (eggs and breakfast meat) at the end of the year. There is an outdoor pool and whirlpool, plus indoor whirlpool and sauna. Nice after being on a motorcycle for 6 hours. There are several options for eating lunch or dinner close by... a Ruby Tuesdays right up the steps off the parking lot. A couple of minor complaints we have about Hampton Inns is the sinks in their bathrooms are in a very high vanity. I am 5'1" tall and have to stand on my tiptoes to brush my teeth. Also they keep the coffee pot in the bathroom... yuuuuk!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy to enjoy some of our amenities. We are really excited about our upcoming changes in breakfast. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again so you can enjoy the new items that will be available. Your feedback is so important to us because it allows us to better serve you as well as our other guests. I will certainly take a look into the minor complaints you had in regards to the height of the vanity and the placement of the coffee pot and see if there is anything we can do to make it better. Your business is truly appreciated and I look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you again.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

I am a frequent traveler and stay at Hilton properties almost exclusively. Hampton Inns are typically clean, comfortable and secure. This hotel was no exception. My only complaint is the poor light levels in the room. My room was on the back side of the hotel, and large trees just outside my window blocked all daylight. Even in the middle of the day, it was dark in the room. The hotel has tried to compensate for this by placing 5 or 6 lamps in the room. However, the CFL lamps were not very bright and it made for a gloomy feel to the room. You would think they would trim the tress to let a little more light in the room. Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel where there are no trees.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel where there are no trees - otherwise you will find the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am terribly sorry that you had an issue with the amount of natural light that entered your room. I will certainly work with maintenance and my landscaping crew to correct any issues. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Jonesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

The front desk of this hotel has personality pls when Pamela, Vinny and Christine are working the evening shift. Not only were they knowledgable and efficient they were also quite entertainling. It was pleasant to see the friendly interaction between the employees and guest. They made us feel very welcome. Almost like coming to a family reunion. It never failed when we came to the desk they were smiling, enjoying their work and qite often singing.

The room was fantastic. For a property that is over 10yrs old it is very well maintained. No body odor or must smell you sometimes find at older hotels. The bed linen was spotless and duvet soft and cozy. You have got to try these beds.

I did not have much interaction with the housekeeping staff but what little chance I got I found them to be just peachy. They greeted me with a smile and unlike some places it did not seem fakey.

Kudos to the staff. (all the staff) I highly recommend this location. Not just for the beauty of the area but for the property and especially the people.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Grey_Belle_Lady
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. It is our goal to make our guests feel right at home from the moment they walk through the door and it is wonderful to hear you felt that way during your stay. We strive daily to provide all of our guests with exceptional service and I am so pleased to read your comments regarding my staff. I will certainly share your comments with my entire staff and commend them for a job well done. I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area
Clarion Inn Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
#3 of 7 in Fletcher
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26? Share your experiences!