“it has the best in all aspects at the best price”

Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
asheville, NC
“it has the best in all aspects at the best price”
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Family and I were here on a vacation to visit family and were using our reward points. We had one night here and several across the road at holiday inn. after one night at the holiday inn we kept that room because it was free and came bach across here and bought four more nights here-no reward points. The hotel referenced above really offers no amenities whatsoever and the staff, while friendly enough, were not nearly as pleasant and ready to please. The staff here is all English speaking which while not in all positions necessary, is a plus. Even the teenagers were anxious to get back here before the first night across the street was over.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ppatters2
true7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 13 May 2009
It is great to hear of your experience. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you find a chance to visit again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Gainesville, GA
Reviewed 4 September 2008

My family and I stayed at this Hampton Inn while attending a wedding at nearby Luther Ridge complex. The lobby was gorgeous...much nicer than the usual Hampton Inn.(And we've stayed in many) The rooms were clean and comfortable and very quiet considering we were right next to the elevator and ice machine/vending room.

My son, Alex....who is 8 yrs. old going on 20....is a very social creature and immediately introduced himself to the front desk person, Nikki. She was very patient with his inquiries and before the first evening was over, they were fast friends! The cookies were a nice touch too! Thank you so much, Nikki!!

After Nikki's shift ended the next day, he introduced himself to Henry and the story was the same. EVERY member of the hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We even had an issue with my grandmother needing yogurt late in the evening to take some medication and Henry made sure she had everything she needed. (He had nursing experience from a previous job and knew exactly how to handle our situation. It was such a relief to have his assistance to put my grandmother at ease. Thanks again, Henry!!)

I did not get the name of the wonderful lady who manned the breakfast area, but she did a beautiful job as well. Everything was beautifully displayed and very clean. My son loved being able to fix his own french toast .
I very highly recommend this Hampton Inn if you are in the Asheville area. I understand that it is minutes from the airport as well.
I look forward to staying there again the next time I am anywhere near there and I will recommend it to all my friends and family.
Thanks again everyone!! Job well done!!!
Kimberly C. Myers
mom of Alex Myers
Gainesville, Ga.

• Liked — Friendly, helpful staff and clean accomodations
  • Disliked — Had no complaints
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank kcmyers
true7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 26 March 2009
Thank you so much for your warm comments. I will share this with my team with pats on the back for the job well done. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Troy Ferguson - General Manager
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2008

I booked this hotel online early last week, received my confirmation number and then cancelled the reservation online later that same day. I received a cancellation number and email as a result. I looked at my credit card online statement on Monday to find that they had charged me $200 as a no show. My room was cancelled and I had confirmation of it from THEIR system but they will not make this right. Beware!

• Disliked — They would not make THEIR mistake right.
  • Stayed July 2008
true7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, 30 March 2009
I am sorry to read about your experience. I want to make this right, please contact me at the hotel with your cancellation number and I will correct this error.
Troy Ferguson-General Manager
Wentzville Mo
Reviewed 30 June 2008

Very nice place to stay. Good breakfast, which is included, quiet rooms, and we were by the elevator. Close to restaurants and malls. Great staff and charming lobby.

• Liked — Quiet rooms, cleanliness, staff
  • Disliked — More in price than some other places
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Rags3377
Tennessee
Reviewed 24 June 2008

The Hampton Inn provided cookies upon check-in and throughout the night for those who like to snack on sweets! The room was large and so was the bathroom. Everything was clean and well presented. The work station was great and allowed for spreading out of materials. The bed wasn't very comfortable, but okay. The breakfast offered was above and beyond standard. I had a frozen chicken biscuit and it was great, to my surprise. They also offered fruit, cereal, pastries, bagels, frozen pancakes, ect. This was a great value for the rate paid. Management was friendly. The hotel is very close to great shopping at Target, World Market, ect. I would book this hotel again when in Ashville.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Discomfort of bed
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
We upgraded our mattresses to the Hilton Upgraded Dream Structure Sleep System models dressed with the Hampton Cloud Nine Bedding in March of 2008.
Troy Ferguson - General Manager
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 May 2008

We stayed here with Hilton Honors points so we don't know how the rate compared with other hotels in the area.

I am biased, I am a Hampton Inn fan and they are my hotel of choice for both vacation and business. I travel about 1 week a month for work and I typically stay at Hampton Inn's.

This Hampton Inn was older, the lobby was in great condition, the room was clean as were the bedding and bathroom. The bedding was updated but I don't think the mattresses were they were on the hard side and the newer bedding has either a pillow top or some other softening device.

The breakfast was good until we got to the hot food, it was prepackaged and you had to microwave it. I haven't seen this before but we tried the french toast, it was okay but not going back for seconds.

This is a decent place and I would probably stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The hard bed
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Gastonia, NC
Reviewed 18 March 2008

The hotel is very neat looking on the outside, and has a nice lobby with dark wood and fireplace. The staff that checked us in were very nice and helpful. The room itself was slightly disappointing. We stayed in a suite with a sitting area and kitchenette, the fridge was noisy, the dishwasher looked like it may fall out of the wall, the air conditioning unit was falling apart, there was a large stain on the carpet by the couch, not dirty just stained. The wallpaper was peeling and the carpet was frayed, and the "new fabulous bedding" they kept talking about was a letdown. The room was clean, just run down and in need of some renovations and elbow grease. All in all an average place to stay, our room was about $140 a night, which I thought was a lot since the place was about 20 minutes from Asheville, my advice is pay the extra $10 a night and stay at Renaissance downtown, well worth the extra money!

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AshNC23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park
Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26? Share your experiences!