“SUPER GREAT!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
West Palm Beach, Florida
“SUPER GREAT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

This Comfort Inn is a wonderful find. We have stayed there 4 times and every stay has been very pleasant. The front desk is friendly, never had to wait to check in or out. The room is decorated beautifully and very clean. The beds are super comfy.It has a fridge, microwave and safe. It is close to several resturants and stores. The only negative was the swimming pool which needed a good cleaning around the edges. We look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank pitlizard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I arrived to meet my family for a 4 night stay and then to Tennesse for a week. I have stayed at this exact hotel many times for the past few years without incident. In fact, I have come to enjoy comfort inn/suites hotels very much and rarely stay anywhere else. On this visit after my first night, I noticed there were bed bugs the second night in the same bed which I slept the first night. I don't usually complain and would never have if I hadn't been treated so incredibily bad upon inquiring why I was overcharged an additional night. I arrived on August 5th for an explanation of charged but the clerk (Ashley) was not able to explain them. She was too concerned with explaining we had 3 rooms but failed to understand i only stayed 2 nights and should only be charged the other 2 rooms for 1 night and should be charged accordingly. Even though I was not able to sleep that evening, I still expected to pay for the other 2 rooms for one night but certainly not the 2 nights I slept with bed bugs.
I was trying not to put the hotel on blast when other arrivals showed up for check-in until Ashley became combative and inappropriate. Ashley felt it necessary to call the cops as she felt threated by me. Get this, the cops actually had to ask her to stay out of our conversation as she tried to demand all of us off the property. Although, they were unable to allow me a billing statment of the charges from Ashley, they did suggest I pursue a civil suite. All I wanted was correct billing and credited my nights stay.
Stay at your own risk people!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank katss7
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

we originally booked at the Clarion across the street but that hotel was so nasty we couldn't stay there. We were glad to find this hotel with rooms just a tad bit higher but serving free breakfast and most importantly it was CLEAN.
We would stay there again for sure.
(the bed was a little firm for my liking but I can handle that)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank IMIUBU
Nikau
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

Booked in for one night for husband had an early flight out of AVL and ended up staying a second night due to weather (icy roads prevented me from getting back up to our mountain home). We had our large, elderly German Shepherd, and this was an excellent facility for a dog. Room 101 was not only ground level but right beside the door to the (closed) pool enabling access in & out the back way to our vehicle and dog-suitable areas. All blanketed in ice and snow, but still plenty to sniff at.

Front desk personnel, especially in the mornings, were all friendly and efficient, and the one morning I partook of the breakfast it was absolutely fine: bagels, waffles and biscuit fixings as well as the usual cereals and pastries.

The room itself was comfortable and very quiet; the motel is sufficiently off Hwy 280 for traffic noise not to be an issue. Internet good with easy access to power points at the desk, and a comfortable easy chair and ottoman. The motel is next door to a 24hr drive-through McDonalds (excellent), Ruby Tuesdays (mediocre), and a host of other food and shopping options. (Carryout combo gyro platter from Acropolis was cheap & substantial).

This was a good, utilitarian place to park my and my dog's head for a couple of nights; a cut above most dog-friendly establishments in the price range and met all needs for somebody doing business while stranded on the road.

One interesting quirk: when booking online the establishment clearly stated that reservations made by residents within 25 miles would not be honored. We are farther than that (just) but I used our overseas residence & CC info to avoid any issue. Did not raise the question with management but am interested in their reasoning. If it's to avoid gaining a reputation for, uh, nefarious activities, I think there is little fear of that as there are some nearby properties that may fit the bill ...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank NikauTrampr
Charleston SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2009

Clean, comfortable, and very typical of Comfort Inn. Polite and welcoming staff. Easy access to interstate. What's not to love?

Restaurants in the immediate vicinity inlcude Carabbas, Chili's, Lone Star, Ruby Tuesday's, Cracker Barrell, McDonald's, Arby's, I-HOP, Little Ceasar's, Sonic, J & S Cafeteria, Moe's, plus several dozen locally owned and operated establishments. Excellent locally owned Thai restaurant within 1/4 mile. Check out "The Kounty Line" 100 yds from the hotel for homemade bisquits, superb chili/slaw cheeseburgers, and handdipped ice cream. Hotel is 1/2 mi from Walmart. Hotel is 1/4 mile from Target, Marshall's, Best Buy, Old Navy, Rack Room and many other big box retailers.

Hope this helps...

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Warren234
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2008

Clean above average hotel for pet parents. Not over run with dogs but we did see a couple others. Hotel and rooms were clean and we were not treated like second class citizens just because we had our pet along. Hotel was peaceful at night. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank cda12
Rosman, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2008

My wife and I booked a 1-night stay for her birthday. Upon arriving at the hotel, We were informed (rather rudely) that our reservation was invalid because we lived within a 50-mile radius of the hotel (we live 37 miles away, and our reservation confirmation allowed for a 25-mile radius). After much debate, the clerk finally allowed us to check in for the night, after we paid an additional $50.00 deposit because we were considered "locals". The clerk was constantly rude, and repeatedly told us that "this will not be allowed again!".

We had booked a King Jacuzzi suite, to be complete with refrigerator, microwave, jacuzzi tub, and the usual amenities. What we got was a king jacuzzi suite with a stained tub, no refrigerator or microwave,2 patches of mold growing on the ceiling, mold in bathrooms, sagging sheetrock in the shower, burn marks on the sinks, fresh grout that looked like a 4 year old applied it, holes in the wall behind the jacuzzi, and we were only given 2 towels for the jacuzzi and shower.

Overall, I would strongly advise anyone booking a night's stay at this hotel to be cautious. Rude workers and unsafe rooms are not something that should have to be accepted in order to get a night away from home for a special occasion, much less for a traveller who is looking for a hot shower and a good night's rest.

• Liked — Close to our restaurant and shopping
  • Disliked — Rude desk clerk, unsafe room
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RobNC1966
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Clarion Inn Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC

Been to Comfort Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!