“Clean and Accommodating”

Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice within 5 weeks. Each time I arrived before check in time. They were professional, friendly, accommodating and quickly checked me in. I had a couple of extra needs in my reservation which they easily took care of as I checked in.
Their continental breakfast is more than I've ever seen in comparable hotels. Everything is fresh, what should be cold is, same for the hot food. The waffle iron was an new thing for me! They continually keep it stocked and clean. The free WiFi is a nice extra and the room is comfortable, clean and all that one would need.

Room Tip: Both times I didn't have a problem with any noise outside. It's far enough from a busy road...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank purple_bud

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here the night before an early morning flight. We arrived an hour prior to check in (3:00) but the front desk clerk made it all happen as our room was not ready. He was very pleasant and efficient. I was a touch wary of staying here due to some poor comments but my fears were relieved once we got to our room. It was spotless, made up perfectly and everything was in order.

The only real downside was the TV listings changed from the time they printed the guide and we could not find the on air listings. Took quite a while to find something worth watching.

Did not have breakfast as we left at 4 AM. But they did have fresh coffee both when we arrived and on our departure. I really have no negative comments other than the TV listings. The room was quiet (even though the hotel was rather full), and everything was as it should be.

If we have another early morning flight I plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side so you don't here any road noise. Our room was on the back side...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank The_Travelling_Lady
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Arrived without reservations but "no problem". Check in was quick. Rooms were clean, bathroom was spotless, beds were great and it had a microwave and fridge. Wi-Fi was quick. Staff friendly and helpful. We would stay again when we travel this way. Reasonable rates.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Betsy M
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We have stayed here several times while visiting relatives in Arden. The hotel is basic plus. The rooms are fairly large, clean, with refrigerator, microwave, safe, and comfy beds. The front desk is very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast is better than the usual continental breakfast at similarly priced hotels; it has my favorite, a waffle making machine, also fruit, eggs and cereal. We were able to check in early. Its location is only 5 minutes from the airport, and about 15 from the Biltmore House. Three decent chain restaurants are next to it, but about 10 minutes away on Hendersonville Road there are many more good ones. The day after we checked out I realized I had left an outfit in the closet; it was at the front desk packaged up when I returned to inquire about it. (In two different other places, an item left behind was never turned in or returned.) We have often stayed in worse places for more money, so it's nice to find a place that is reasonably priced and has the amenities this one does.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank profeAlamo_CA
Reviewed 2 September 2011

This Comfort Inn is a wonderful find. We have stayed there 4 times and every stay has been very pleasant. The front desk is friendly, never had to wait to check in or out. The room is decorated beautifully and very clean. The beds are super comfy.It has a fridge, microwave and safe. It is close to several resturants and stores. The only negative was the swimming pool which needed a good cleaning around the edges. We look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank pitlizard
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I arrived to meet my family for a 4 night stay and then to Tennesse for a week. I have stayed at this exact hotel many times for the past few years without incident. In fact, I have come to enjoy comfort inn/suites hotels very much and rarely stay anywhere else. On this visit after my first night, I noticed there were bed bugs the second night in the same bed which I slept the first night. I don't usually complain and would never have if I hadn't been treated so incredibily bad upon inquiring why I was overcharged an additional night. I arrived on August 5th for an explanation of charged but the clerk (Ashley) was not able to explain them. She was too concerned with explaining we had 3 rooms but failed to understand i only stayed 2 nights and should only be charged the other 2 rooms for 1 night and should be charged accordingly. Even though I was not able to sleep that evening, I still expected to pay for the other 2 rooms for one night but certainly not the 2 nights I slept with bed bugs.
I was trying not to put the hotel on blast when other arrivals showed up for check-in until Ashley became combative and inappropriate. Ashley felt it necessary to call the cops as she felt threated by me. Get this, the cops actually had to ask her to stay out of our conversation as she tried to demand all of us off the property. Although, they were unable to allow me a billing statment of the charges from Ashley, they did suggest I pursue a civil suite. All I wanted was correct billing and credited my nights stay.
Stay at your own risk people!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank katss7
Reviewed 7 June 2011

we originally booked at the Clarion across the street but that hotel was so nasty we couldn't stay there. We were glad to find this hotel with rooms just a tad bit higher but serving free breakfast and most importantly it was CLEAN.
We would stay there again for sure.
(the bed was a little firm for my liking but I can handle that)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank IMIUBU
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville
Best Western Hendersonville Inn
Best Western Hendersonville Inn
#3 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Comfort Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!