“Not bad....clean and quiet”

Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Not bad....clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I usually stay at Marriott properties for obvious reasons (cleanliness, quiet, professional), but the Fairfield down the street is getting proud of itself and was almost double the price of Comfort. So, I decided to give Comfort a try. Note to all Marriott customers, be forewarned: lower your expectations before you step inside - it doesn't have the polish of a Fairfield or Courtyard. I arrived after 8pm, and there were construction guys outside talking loudly but not disruptive. The lobby is a bit dingy, the receptionist was a nice guy, but not what you would call on the fast track to management material. However, I had two questions: is the room clean and is it quiet. Fortunately, I can say the room was clean, did not smell, and despite being right next to a busy road was quiet anough for me to get a good night's sleep. So, there you go. Hope this helps.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Scott A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

First let me say I had no problem with the property, per-se. My room was spacious and clean. The appointments were updated and well maintained. Good shower and wi-fi signal. The mattress needed replacing. It sagged in the middle but that was not a deal-breaker for me.
The problem was with Leon at the front desk. I had never been treated rudely at a choice hotel and I stay with this chain an average of 80 nights a year. Well I can't say that anymore. Leon is not just rude he is a little bit scary. I would call and see if he has been replaced before staying here. I certainly will. Yes, it was that bad.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank steverinsc
Ocean City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice within 5 weeks. Each time I arrived before check in time. They were professional, friendly, accommodating and quickly checked me in. I had a couple of extra needs in my reservation which they easily took care of as I checked in.
Their continental breakfast is more than I've ever seen in comparable hotels. Everything is fresh, what should be cold is, same for the hot food. The waffle iron was an new thing for me! They continually keep it stocked and clean. The free WiFi is a nice extra and the room is comfortable, clean and all that one would need.

Room Tip: Both times I didn't have a problem with any noise outside. It's far enough from a busy road...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank purple_bud
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here the night before an early morning flight. We arrived an hour prior to check in (3:00) but the front desk clerk made it all happen as our room was not ready. He was very pleasant and efficient. I was a touch wary of staying here due to some poor comments but my fears were relieved once we got to our room. It was spotless, made up perfectly and everything was in order.

The only real downside was the TV listings changed from the time they printed the guide and we could not find the on air listings. Took quite a while to find something worth watching.

Did not have breakfast as we left at 4 AM. But they did have fresh coffee both when we arrived and on our departure. I really have no negative comments other than the TV listings. The room was quiet (even though the hotel was rather full), and everything was as it should be.

If we have another early morning flight I plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side so you don't here any road noise. Our room was on the back side...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank The_Travelling_Lady
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Arrived without reservations but "no problem". Check in was quick. Rooms were clean, bathroom was spotless, beds were great and it had a microwave and fridge. Wi-Fi was quick. Staff friendly and helpful. We would stay again when we travel this way. Reasonable rates.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Betsy M
Alamo, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

We have stayed here several times while visiting relatives in Arden. The hotel is basic plus. The rooms are fairly large, clean, with refrigerator, microwave, safe, and comfy beds. The front desk is very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast is better than the usual continental breakfast at similarly priced hotels; it has my favorite, a waffle making machine, also fruit, eggs and cereal. We were able to check in early. Its location is only 5 minutes from the airport, and about 15 from the Biltmore House. Three decent chain restaurants are next to it, but about 10 minutes away on Hendersonville Road there are many more good ones. The day after we checked out I realized I had left an outfit in the closet; it was at the front desk packaged up when I returned to inquire about it. (In two different other places, an item left behind was never turned in or returned.) We have often stayed in worse places for more money, so it's nice to find a place that is reasonably priced and has the amenities this one does.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank profeAlamo_CA
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

This Comfort Inn is a wonderful find. We have stayed there 4 times and every stay has been very pleasant. The front desk is friendly, never had to wait to check in or out. The room is decorated beautifully and very clean. The beds are super comfy.It has a fridge, microwave and safe. It is close to several resturants and stores. The only negative was the swimming pool which needed a good cleaning around the edges. We look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank pitlizard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Clarion Inn Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Comfort Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!