“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Very close to the interstate and restaurants. Close to shopping as well. Older place, but still nice. In room refrigerator as well. Breakfast was good. The front desk was friendly and called shortly after we got in the room to make sure everything was good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dipti P, Manager at Comfort Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us, We are glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for leaving us a review. We hope to have stay again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I've stayed here several times and never had a bad stay. Check in has always been quick and friendly. Clean, comfortable rooms with the typical amenities. WiFi works well. Good breakfast including eggs and sausage. Numerous restaurants close by (if you want Italian I recommend Carabbas and if you are yearning some good home style cooking try J&S Cafeteria across from the airport. Overall this is one of the better hotel values in Asheville.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dipti P, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
We are glad you enjoy staying with us. Thank you.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times since my kids race motorcross at the ag center (only half of a mile away). The rooms are fairly large, clean, with refrigerator, microwave, and comfy beds. The front desk is very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. They always make it possible for me to get a room in the area of the hotel I like best as well as early check-in. The included breakfast is better than the usual continental breakfast at similarly priced hotels; it has my favorite, a waffle making machine, also fruit, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, and much more. The rooms are incredibly clean and well put together; our last stay at the hotel they had started to remodel which I am looking foward to seeing the finish product. The hotel is very close to mutliple restaurants (the best of which is a locally owned mexican restaurant right across the street), the airport, shopping, and convient to the interstate. This is a great family friendly hotel that is cozy and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Melissa C
Dipti P, Manager at Comfort Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank You. We will finish our renovation by end of March.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. First time I had tried this Comfort Inn in years, I think. The place is clean and quiet, despite the proximity to the AVL Airport. Beds had upgraded linens and the room was clean. Couple of things disappoint, though: First, there is no fitness room. Y'know? That ought to be a given for a mid-range hotel like Comfort Inns. But the real deal-killer is the Internet server at the hotel or internet service provider. The server is real slow. I use the ability to run Netflix with few, if any, buffering waiting as my yardstick for satisfactory Internet service. This hotel bills their Internet Service as "High Speed". Well, that is just not true. It can be fine for a few minutes, then it virtually stops. Also, I could not for the life of me send emails outgoing. No problem receiving emails, but I tried toggling every setting in Windows Live Mail on and off in different combinations and never, NEVER got an email to leave the premesis. That's a PITA, right? They ought to fix that.
Other items: Breakfast was typical Choice Hotels fare, and about as expected. Young lady behind the counter was friendly and relatively efficient, but failed to recognize my Choice Priviledges DIAMOND level and offer an upgrade. No big deal, though.
Probably will not use this hotel again, unless others are booked or jacking rates up.

Room Tip: Appears all rooms are about the same. This is a fairly quiet location.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bizz-Traveler987
Limestone, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for two years. Everytime I come to this area this is where I stay. I will not return here ever again. In comparison to other hotels nearby, prices are the same. The hotel is clean. The king size mattress needs to be replaced, sagges in the middle. This location was suppose to have been remodeled in 2012. I think it was a partial job. There were some noisy people this time. That is not the hotels fault. Every October when I come I request early checkin, and every time I have been happily greeted until today. I will call him SIR LEON. He is the worst hotel employee I have ever had to deal with. In Past the hotel would call me to let me know when my room was ready. He told me I could not check in early. Then when it was time to checkin he was rude again. Looks like he is in pain. Every word out of his mouth was short and snide. He failed to inform me about checkout time, breakfast, and my room location. He would only give me one key to the room. The lady that worked the night shift was wonderful with everyone she checked in. Sir Leon makes this place a deal breaker for me.

Room Tip: The double beds are really small, there is only room for one person in these beds. I would not choos...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank tink37681
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I usually stay at Marriott properties for obvious reasons (cleanliness, quiet, professional), but the Fairfield down the street is getting proud of itself and was almost double the price of Comfort. So, I decided to give Comfort a try. Note to all Marriott customers, be forewarned: lower your expectations before you step inside - it doesn't have the polish of a Fairfield or Courtyard. I arrived after 8pm, and there were construction guys outside talking loudly but not disruptive. The lobby is a bit dingy, the receptionist was a nice guy, but not what you would call on the fast track to management material. However, I had two questions: is the room clean and is it quiet. Fortunately, I can say the room was clean, did not smell, and despite being right next to a busy road was quiet anough for me to get a good night's sleep. So, there you go. Hope this helps.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Scott A
Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

First let me say I had no problem with the property, per-se. My room was spacious and clean. The appointments were updated and well maintained. Good shower and wi-fi signal. The mattress needed replacing. It sagged in the middle but that was not a deal-breaker for me.
The problem was with Leon at the front desk. I had never been treated rudely at a choice hotel and I stay with this chain an average of 80 nights a year. Well I can't say that anymore. Leon is not just rude he is a little bit scary. I would call and see if he has been replaced before staying here. I certainly will. Yes, it was that bad.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank steverinsc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Clarion Inn Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC

Been to Comfort Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!