“I enjoyed my time”

Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
“I enjoyed my time”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I was there was a couple nights. I enjoyed my time there. I stayed on my room for most of the time when I was there. It was clean the service was good. When I went there they were doing renovations so it wasn't really clean. Enjoyed the free breakfast though :-)

• Stayed January 2012
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and the cleanliness of our guest rooms. Renovations are wrapping up and we are excited about our fresh new look. We always strive to maintain a fresh product followed by great customer service. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks! Tom O’Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Let me start off by saying the hotel lobby area is under construction so that might affect my impression for now. Room was not very nice. Breakfast was good but so crowded that we couldn't find a table after two attempts. Elevator is very slow. It is a good value and convenient to airport and highway. Not a place I would stay longer than a night or two.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your visit to the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. Our current renovation is coming to an end and we have listened to the comments about the overcrowding in the breakfast area. Our breakfast area is now in the new section of the lobby. This has doubled our current space for breakfast. The room renovations are coming to end as well. We hope that you will stop by again soon to see the fresh new look. Thanks! Tom O’Neal
Atascadero, California
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Nothing scenic or special about the hotel or surroundings but fine for travellers.

Pros
Accommodating and friendly staff
Reasonable Prices
Good breakfast
Good location for airport
Nice pool
really appreciated the laundry room

Cons
Rooms (for us) were on the small side but to be fair we added a pullout bed for our son.
No blackout, only sheer curtains, for windows (I guess we were so tired we slept anyway but on the bottom floor I did feel a lack of privacy.)
Room card keys could be finicky, didn't always work on room or pool/exercise doors

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Clayton, NC
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Another F.I. Showing its age. This one is better than the other Fairfield in Asheville. Cafeteria located next door; convenient. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank amxpress
New York
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This was exactly what I was looking for. It was inexpensive with large, clean, new rooms and free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I experienced many problems here. Had booked the airport shuttle which failed to arrive and later, the hotel refused to honor their written guarantee in their hotel pack of a shuttle to Asheville Biltmore Square, even when I talked to them about their written offers. Front desk eventually said they used to offer that service but no longer and they'd have to get all that removed from rooms. Bed was too hard, air conditioning was too loud, brekfast was way too minimal. Not up to Marriott standard at all. Some of the staff were clearly working hard but the management need to ensure that policies and services are up to scratch. Cannot recommend this place at all.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank FlyingScotsman95
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The first time my then-boyfriend (now husband) and I visited, we ended up here through a Hotwire deal and was quite pleased during our visit. We couldn't think of anything wrong.

During this most recent stay from July 22-24, we were gifted Marriott hotel points and decided to stay again since our first experience was a good one. We were in room 312 on the third floor, which was clean and quiet. I was surprised that the elevator lobby was actually quite large and provided seating for guests near a large window overlooking the parking lot. Our room was no-frills, but there were some surprises.

The positives: The bathroom, though in need of a little updating and touching up on the walls, was extremely well-lit. I always find hotel bathrooms to be too dim, and I appreciated the full light, especially in the shower. The shower itself felt large and spacious. I liked the arm-height flat platform upon which I could place my shampoo and razor. The bed was very comfortable and the covers were the appropriate weight for the summer. The quilt was double-covered in sheets, so I felt clean the whole time. There was also a comfortable desk and free wi-fi.

The staff was also extremely kind. When my husband had forgotten his deodorant at home, I went to the front desk to buy some. I only saw food items in the "gift shop." When I inquired about it with the staff, the woman asked me "Men's or women's?" and gave it to me at no charge. This echoes the complimentary toothbrush I had read about in an earlier review. One day we came back and it appeared that housekeeping had broken the flush mechanism on the toilet. Even though it was past 9 PM, maintenance was up to our room less than 15 minutes after we called to replace it.

Breakfast was plentiful with many options. I liked the egg "patties," although hard-boiled and scrambled would have been nice. Many choices for breads, pastries, and cereal. Also offered were yogurts, waffles, fruit cups, bananas, apples, and other fresh foods. The OJ did not taste like it was from a mix.

The only real negative is that it is located a bit far from Asheville. Also, our TV remote didn't work, but I am certain that if we had asked about it, we could have had it replaced. Last time we visited, we enjoyed the pool and hot tub, which was clean and quiet (but didn't visit on this occasion). We drove daily into Brevard (about 35 minutes) and twice into Asheville (about 15 minutes). A good, clean, safe place to stay especially if you are visiting the waterfalls in Brevard. I am sure we will go back when we visit Asheville again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
Clarion Inn Airport
#3 of 7 in Fletcher
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Super 8 Asheville Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!