“Lots of Interstate Noise”

Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Huntsville, Alabama
“Lots of Interstate Noise”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This property is located very near the interstate. Trucks traveling 70+ miles per hour make lots of noise all night. Bed linens were light weight. Towels were thin and stiff. The grout in the bathroom tile had mold. Curiously, there was a missing corner tile near the bottom of the bathroom tub. How this could be overlooked is a complete mystery. Overall, an undistinguished lodging for the night. Unless you have business at the airport or in the southern region of the Asheville metro area this property is out of the way, inconveniently located, and noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the highway
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Rgray2f
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you encountered some problems during your visit. We are currently checking into these issue to ensure future guest do not encounter them. The Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport is conveniently located to the Asheville Regional Airport in South Asheville. I hope you will give us another try if your travels bring you back to the Asheville Area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 July 2013

When we checked in we were told the only available room was a king suite which was $219. This was not the type of room we wanted but we didn't have a choice. They dropped the rate to $209 with AAA. The room was at the end of the hall and far away from the elevator and ice machine so I expected it to be very quiet. What I didn't know about was the air conditioner. It had a thermostat which usually means it isn't the old noisy kick on and off all night kind. Well, that assumption was wrong. There was approximately 2 feet between it and the bed and it was SO noisy and definately kicked off and on all night long. I got up several times to push different buttons to adjust the fan to auto, low and high but nothing changed. When I mentioned it to Jonathan in the morning he said he would knock off 10% but I think that when I pay over $200 for a room I expect to be able to sleep so the price should have been less. He said he would leave a note for maintenance to work on it.
I also carried down a hand towel after checkin that had makeup on it, not stains but actual makeup. Not sure how that got folded and hung over our towel rod as clean. I later discovered another towel with dark stains. The towels were VERY thin, worn and seemed much lower in quality than what you would expect at a Marriott for $219 a night. I asked about this because I thought that maybe they had put these in our room by mistake and had better ones in the laundry room but Jonathan said this was the way their towels are. The blanket I found in the closet was very hard and stiff. I asked for something softer and he gave me a comforter which was softer but it definately seems that if they are going to charge premium prices for their rooms, they need to buy new towels and blankets. The bed and pillows were comfortable.
The internet was spotty at best. I kept having to go out into the hall to get reception. There again, not what I expected. I was told there were just so many people attempting to connect that it would be spotty.
The breakfast met my expectations. The lady working was very nice and she kept it well stocked and clean. The room itself was clean. Jonathan, the front desk manager, was very polite but I just wasn't happy with the price versus the value we received.

Room Tip: It is in a quiet location so any room should be ok as long as the air conditioner is working correct...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
CindyC C
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure speaking with you to address your concerns. We appreciate feedback from our customers and it gives us the opportunity to improve. If your travels bring you back to the Asheville area in the future I hope you will stop by again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Although the staff was nice and helpful, i did not like the room. The room smelled musty. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, i could not even sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. Our room was next to the indoor pool and was extremely noisy. I felt like there was a pool party in my room even at 10:30 at night when the pool was supposed to be closed. After 2 phone calls to the front desk, 30 minutes later the pool quieted down. The room may have felt musty because it was adjacent to the pool. Overall, i would not recommend this hotel. I think there are more comfortable hotels also close to the airport.

Room Tip: If you stay here make sure your room is not next to the pool
1 Thank cleo13
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Cleo13
I apologize on behalf of our hotel for your less than perfect stay. We do have a few rooms located adjacent to the pool area. Some guest like this location due to the pool. I am glad to hear that the staff was nice and helpful. Please always feel free to reach out to the staff if you are unhappy with your room location, we will be happy to change rooms. I hope you will give us a try again in the future if your travels bring you back to the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel was very pricey and failed on several levels to prove its worth. Arrived and checked in to a room where the air conditioning was broken. Was told to adjust the air and wait a 1/2 hour, called back to the desk when we saw no improvement. Was told they would call us back. Half hour later were moved down the hall. Was never offered any help to move our things or an apology or anything. Got to our new room and noticed dirty walls and bathroom including dirt and hair around the edges of the tub. The refrigerator had a stale odor. The bed was uncomfortable and in the morning the buffet was not well stocked and several items looked old (fruit). Upon checking out we realized that we had left a flower arrangement in our original room. When I asked at the desk I was told that there was nothing found in the room. I also mentioned the issue from the night before about the air conditioning and having to move. I then listened to two coworkers bad mouth a "very nice but dumb" co worker who did not but our move into the computer correctly. After listening to them banter and criticize their coworker I asked again about the flowers. They said they could not help me. Then one of the co workers went to Housekeeping and asked about the flowers. The flowers were actually sitting in housekeeping on a table. I will not stay here and found the staff to lack simple customer service skills.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!
1 Thank taramc_10
Tarmac_10
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us. We value our customer feedback and use this information for improvements. I would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel for your unpleasant experience. I will personally look into each situation you encountered and ensure the problems are resolved.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Chose this hotel based on price, location and reviews. Very impressed! I'm disabled and really liked the grab bars and no slip surface of bathtub. Bed very comfortable. Staff was very friendly at front desk and in breakfast buffet. Buffet was well stocked and fresh. Usual fare, but seating was roomy and pleasant, looking out into indoor pool area. Didn't use pool, but looked nice. Travel to area frequently, will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Had choice of 2nd or 3rd floors. Front desk recommended 3rd. Very quiet, even though our room was...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Tarheel68-13

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit with us. I’m happy to hear the staff was friendly. Please stop by again soon and hopefully you will have the chance to enjoy our pool area.
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Dropping our daughter off for summer camp, this was a great place to stay.
The hotel was just a up the road from her camp. They have a very nice workout room with two treadmills with tvs, stepper, and good weights. They have a pool and hot tub, which we did not use. The breakfast was perfect and quick. Hot foods, cereals, yogurt ,but not Greek:( and no fruit.
In general, a great value for a comfortable place to stay.

Myromy

Thank you for visiting the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. We are centrally located to many of the summer camps in the area. I am sorry to hear you missed the fresh fruit on the breakfast buffet. I hope you will stop in again when picking your daughter up from summer camp.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Quick access to Biltmore, NC Arboretum, Asheville. New carpeting throughout, very clean, excellent service. Nicely appointed rooms, very fresh and clean bedding. Nice pool and whirlpool. Free continental breakfast tasted better than many motel chains. Saturday night rate was higher than I preferred, Sunday and Monday rate reasonable for the experience.

• Stayed July 2013
Dianne234

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent visit with us. I am pleased to hear that everything was clean and fresh during your visit. The indoor heated pool and spa is a great place to relax and unwind. I hope you will stop by again soon for a visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#3 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!