“Medium value...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Medium value...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a long weekend motorcycle trip to the Asheville area. The pool and hot tub were clean, breakfast was good, and the room was clean. A big drawback was the double bed room had actual "double" beds and not queens. That made for a tight fit! Otherwise, not a bad stay. A bit pricey at $174/night before tax...but that appears to be about the norm for this area. I would stay here again, if in the area!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Knobby2020

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. October is generally our peak season due to the leaf changing season. If your travels bring you back to the Asheville area please stop in again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel is more than adequate with a very good breakfast and they were accomodating of having breakfast out and providing shuttle to the airport before my early morning flight. It did take me 3 hours to get my VPN to link up with their internet system so I could check my e-mail since it seemed they were limiting internet access, a call to the help desk did solve this problem. I also did not recieve my wake up call but luckily was awake without it.

Even though the hotel is close to the Interstate and airport I did not notice any noise to speak of. My one concern is that when I wanted to walk to the other side of the Interstate for dinner there is no sidewalk to walk on, There is a shuttle that will take you to dinner or a couple of eateries on site.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

lots of amenities-- laundry, food, free shuttle, pool, microwave, fridge, etc. Everything was really modern. And even though it was right across the street from the airport I only vaguely heard the sound of airplanes the following morning. Everyone was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

After the first night ( 8/12) and waking up with blistery bites, I inquired with front desk about
the possibility of BEDBUGS. They said no bedbugs. After the second night ( 8/13), there was
no question in my mind as I had blistery bites in a linear pattern on my legs, my arms, and torso.
By now, the itching started with intense pain...the bites turned into an angry, swollen red.
Basically, managment DENIED the presence of BEDBUGS, and my entire vacation week was
miserable after staying the first two nights at the Fairfield Inn by the Asheville Airport. They suggested that I had allergies---basically making it my fault! I have traveled the world, and,
have never encountered ( fortunately) bedbugs before...management must be more interested
in their bookings/bottom line than in telling the truth and putting their guests comfort ( and health) first. Beware....this property looks good...but...is deficient in believing their customers and immediately resolving this issue. This is my first negative post ever-- Thought you'd want to know about BEDBUGS at The Fairfield Inn- Fletcher/ Airport location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank annie s
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Annie S,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. As mentioned in our personal emails we take any reports of a pest problem seriously. Due to the media reaction to the bed bug problem it becomes the first idea in peoples mind. We strictly follow the guidelines below upon a report. Yes the visual inspection is the first step in this process and generally done while the guest is still present. We found no evidence of this problem during this visual inspection. Our staff is well trained in this issue and preforms this type of inspection upon every check out. The property did escalate this issue to the following steps after your departure with the same results as our visual inspection. Western North Carolina is experiencing a very wet summer this year causing a rise in other types of insects. These types of insect will display some of the same patterns as bed bugs. These types of insect can be found by walking across the grass or a parking lot. This property does take these reports serious and would notify any guest if the results came back positive. Our guest’s safety and well-being are personally a priority of mine. I am truly sorry you had a negative experience during your visit. Please always feel free to reach out to the General Manger if you ever experience this or any type of problems during a visit.

1. Visual inspection of sleeping and resting areas such as beds and upholstered furniture. Carefully examine the areas beneath fitted sheets, along the edges of mattress piping, if no bugs or evidence of bugs are found, remove the mattress and continue with inspection of the box spring paying close attention to the four corners under the plastic corner guards and the on the underside of the box spring where the dust cover is stapled into the frame. Keep in mind that bed bugs can easily be missed during a visual inspection so using one or more of the other methods below is recommended if no bugs are found during a visual inspection.

2. Installation of interception devices or active monitors. Installing interception devices under the legs of beds and couches is one of the most effective and economical methods to detect low level bed bug infestations that are missed during a visual inspection. Interception devices can be placed directly under or immediately adjacent to the legs of sleeping and resting areas such as beds and sofas. Bed bugs will naturally move around in an infested environment and these devices will trap them as they travel to and from beds and furniture.

3. Contracting a pest management professional to conduct a thorough inspection.
While you can certainly conduct you own inspection, qualified pest management professional know exactly where to look and what to look for and thus are more likely to discover a low level infestation compared to an individual who lacks such training.
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

This property is located very near the interstate. Trucks traveling 70+ miles per hour make lots of noise all night. Bed linens were light weight. Towels were thin and stiff. The grout in the bathroom tile had mold. Curiously, there was a missing corner tile near the bottom of the bathroom tub. How this could be overlooked is a complete mystery. Overall, an undistinguished lodging for the night. Unless you have business at the airport or in the southern region of the Asheville metro area this property is out of the way, inconveniently located, and noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the highway
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Rgray2f
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you encountered some problems during your visit. We are currently checking into these issue to ensure future guest do not encounter them. The Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport is conveniently located to the Asheville Regional Airport in South Asheville. I hope you will give us another try if your travels bring you back to the Asheville Area.
Paducah, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

When we checked in we were told the only available room was a king suite which was $219. This was not the type of room we wanted but we didn't have a choice. They dropped the rate to $209 with AAA. The room was at the end of the hall and far away from the elevator and ice machine so I expected it to be very quiet. What I didn't know about was the air conditioner. It had a thermostat which usually means it isn't the old noisy kick on and off all night kind. Well, that assumption was wrong. There was approximately 2 feet between it and the bed and it was SO noisy and definately kicked off and on all night long. I got up several times to push different buttons to adjust the fan to auto, low and high but nothing changed. When I mentioned it to Jonathan in the morning he said he would knock off 10% but I think that when I pay over $200 for a room I expect to be able to sleep so the price should have been less. He said he would leave a note for maintenance to work on it.
I also carried down a hand towel after checkin that had makeup on it, not stains but actual makeup. Not sure how that got folded and hung over our towel rod as clean. I later discovered another towel with dark stains. The towels were VERY thin, worn and seemed much lower in quality than what you would expect at a Marriott for $219 a night. I asked about this because I thought that maybe they had put these in our room by mistake and had better ones in the laundry room but Jonathan said this was the way their towels are. The blanket I found in the closet was very hard and stiff. I asked for something softer and he gave me a comforter which was softer but it definately seems that if they are going to charge premium prices for their rooms, they need to buy new towels and blankets. The bed and pillows were comfortable.
The internet was spotty at best. I kept having to go out into the hall to get reception. There again, not what I expected. I was told there were just so many people attempting to connect that it would be spotty.
The breakfast met my expectations. The lady working was very nice and she kept it well stocked and clean. The room itself was clean. Jonathan, the front desk manager, was very polite but I just wasn't happy with the price versus the value we received.

Room Tip: It is in a quiet location so any room should be ok as long as the air conditioner is working correct...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
CindyC C
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure speaking with you to address your concerns. We appreciate feedback from our customers and it gives us the opportunity to improve. If your travels bring you back to the Asheville area in the future I hope you will stop by again.
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Although the staff was nice and helpful, i did not like the room. The room smelled musty. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, i could not even sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. Our room was next to the indoor pool and was extremely noisy. I felt like there was a pool party in my room even at 10:30 at night when the pool was supposed to be closed. After 2 phone calls to the front desk, 30 minutes later the pool quieted down. The room may have felt musty because it was adjacent to the pool. Overall, i would not recommend this hotel. I think there are more comfortable hotels also close to the airport.

Room Tip: If you stay here make sure your room is not next to the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cleo13
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Cleo13
I apologize on behalf of our hotel for your less than perfect stay. We do have a few rooms located adjacent to the pool area. Some guest like this location due to the pool. I am glad to hear that the staff was nice and helpful. Please always feel free to reach out to the staff if you are unhappy with your room location, we will be happy to change rooms. I hope you will give us a try again in the future if your travels bring you back to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!