“Nice Marriott, Nice location”

Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Asheville, North Carolina
“Nice Marriott, Nice location”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have personally stayed at this hotel for business. Now that I live in Asheville, I book my out of town guests here as well. All my guests have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. It may not look like much from the outside, but It is clean and comfortable. It also does not have much road noise at all. A restaurant/cafeteria right across the street is very convenient and it is directly across form the Airport. I stayed here with my golf buddies recently and we were very satisfied.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Erik B
Thank you for sharing you recent experiences with us. We hope that you will continue to use our property for your future lodging needs. I would also like to welcome you to Asheville. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.
Tom O’Neal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The staff was great. The facility was OK, not great, but OK. I have stayed in worse looking Fairfield Inns in the last two years.

But many details were lacking. No extra plugs in our suite room. I travel with power bars and multiple extension cords, but if you don't lug that stuff around, then you can to plug in a computer and charge your phone and little else in the next room. If you pay for a suite, you won't find a single easily accessible plug anywhere near the bed. (I am ruling out removing the mattress or the dresser with the television on it.)

The wifi was slow and iffy. Of course they had advertised 'Free High-speed Wifi.' But if you wanted something that would download emails or open sites without a wait, then you had to pay another $5 a day. Natch! It's a Marriott. Up-charges abound!

I stayed here because I have a lot of Marriott points and travel extensively. But I will be looking for another option next time I am in the Fletcher NC area. Even if I have to drive a bit more.

Room Tip: Bring a hotspot and lots of extension cords.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
J B
Thank your sharing your comments regarding your stay with the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. We value your comments and will look into ways to solve the shortage of plugs near the bed in the suite sleeping area. We thank once again your for your visit and appreciate you sharing your experience with us.
Tom O’Neal
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We are Elite Gold members of Marriott and checked into this hotel over the weekend. The hotel is a level 4 and it certainly doesn't appear that way. We were greeted by the awful smell of pool chemicals that seemed to permeate the entire hotel. Our room was a decent size (we were not offered an upgrade) but it definitely had quite a bit of wear and tear.
The bathroom was pretty gross, so much wear and tear (see attached photographs). We couldn't believe that Marriott allowed the property to be managed so poorly. The crib arrived without bedding and we weren't given any either. The staff was pleasant enough but were not particularly interested in assisting us with our requests. It was a very disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Away from highway
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
BagLadyATL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the problems that you encountered in your guest bathroom. Our staff is currently checking all of our bathrooms to locate this problem. If you ever experience this type of problem during a visit please feel free to reach out to our staff to correct the issue. Thank you once again for bringing this problem to our attention and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We often stay in Marriott properties, particularly Fairfield Inns. This one was just OK mainly due to the indifference of the administrative staff. The room was OK and clean. The price was a little lower as the Inn is about fifteen minutes outside of Asheville.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel had everything I was looking for on this trip. Close to the freeway, clean, selection of restaurants close by, and reasonably priced. Free breakfast was good with a selection of eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

It needs a lot of maintenance outside has no eye appeal. It is very basic. Nothing fancy. Clean. Nice indoor pool and hot tub. Would not stay here but saw flight crews checking in (airport across road) so decided would be safe. Food is ok. Front desk employees are indeed friendly and helpful.

Stayed February 2014
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
PointCouple

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. The outside of the property may look bare this time of year due to the weather. Spring time will bring many of the flowers back around the outside of the property. I do hope that other than curb appeal you enjoyed your visit with us. If your travels bring you back to the area in the future I hope you will still consider the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport.
Norway, Maine
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed three days on a business trip. Honestly, if it wasn't for bad weather (winter storm) and being so close to my customer, I probably would have changed hotels. Its not that there was anything terrible about it... however, it was nothing special.
The room was not that clean (felt like I wanted to go and grab the vacuum cleaner and a dusting rag). It wasn't filthy but could have been cleaner.
The folks that worked there were friendly - so that is a plus.
The continental breakfast was terrible..... stick to the cold cereal!
The amenities in the bathroom were too few... only soap and shampoo and conditioner. Nothing more, nothing less.
I had a hard time regulating the temperature of the room. It was cold or hot.... no in between.
Like I said, it was not terrible but next time I am in town, I will try another hotel as there are several in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Mainesilver,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to your standards. We will look into the issues you mentioned in your review. I am pleased to hear that the staff was friendly during your visit. Thank you once again for sharing your comments with us we always use this feedback to improve our operations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
#4 of 7 in Fletcher
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!