“Not really an airport shuttle” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
San Francisco, California
“Not really an airport shuttle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel itself is fine. It costs about $25/night more than nearby hotels, the attraction being a shuttle from the airport. However, what they don't publicize online or on their signs at the airport is that the shuttle will take any guest anywhere within 3 miles. Great if you are the guest wanting 45 minutes at Walmart late on a Monday night. Not great if you're a woman waiting alone at the airport for 45 minutes as it empties out while said guest is at Walmart with the only driver waiting. When I asked if I could just get a cab and be reimbursed, I was told very curtly the manager will not do that, in a way that let me know I was not the only person who had experienced this. I had paid more to stay here to avoid a rental car for one night. Should have definitely gotten the rental car and stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank XCountryFamily

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Joshua Tree, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Not a destination hotel. Average hotel, with good breakfast. Back rooms have a lot of noise from roadway so once again, you need to be insistent when checking in for a side away from road.Ck on hotel map with the front desk.Wi-fi worked and shuttle to airport runs every 15 mins, 24/7, which worked well. Some local restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Srimanone
Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your visit with the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations. The hotel has installed low noise windows on the side of the hotel closest to the interstate. I hope you will visit us again if your travels bring you back to the Asheville area.
Plesant Prairie, WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Again, a "non-smoking" hotel that observes it in the breach (smoking areas right in front of room air conditioners, for example). Stale smoke smell in my room. Room lighting poor. Internet OK. Shower a bit weak but OK. Bathroom lighting poor. Electronic lock keys frequently failed. Furniture a little banged up. This is common with quite a few areas in the hotel (look at the elevator, for example). This used to be a very nice place and it still isn't bad but management needs to clean up, paint up, fix up and keep it that way! It could and should be better. It was and room rates were a lot cheaper. This isn't to say the place is horrible -- far from it -- but again no excuse for failure to keep it up to as good as it was on the day it opened.

Good breakfast bar with an early start which is helpful for travelers. Only one outlet at the desk in the room.

Room Tip: Try to find a room that isn't smelly or banged up.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6530bx4
Thank you for visiting the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. I’m sorry to hear that you found some of the areas in the property that did not meet your standards. We will take your comments and use them to improve our operations. I do hope you will stop by again if your travels bring you back to the Asheville area.
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was a great room. Nice pool that my son took full advantage of in the morning. It was a last minute trip and we were not disappoint. The breakfast was very well done and the staff at the desk and housekeeping were very nice and accommodating. I just wish we would have booked two nights instead of one. Great location...close enough to Asheville. We parked at visitor center and took the trolley around town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have personally stayed at this hotel for business. Now that I live in Asheville, I book my out of town guests here as well. All my guests have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. It may not look like much from the outside, but It is clean and comfortable. It also does not have much road noise at all. A restaurant/cafeteria right across the street is very convenient and it is directly across form the Airport. I stayed here with my golf buddies recently and we were very satisfied.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Erik B
Thank you for sharing you recent experiences with us. We hope that you will continue to use our property for your future lodging needs. I would also like to welcome you to Asheville. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The staff was great. The facility was OK, not great, but OK. I have stayed in worse looking Fairfield Inns in the last two years.

But many details were lacking. No extra plugs in our suite room. I travel with power bars and multiple extension cords, but if you don't lug that stuff around, then you can to plug in a computer and charge your phone and little else in the next room. If you pay for a suite, you won't find a single easily accessible plug anywhere near the bed. (I am ruling out removing the mattress or the dresser with the television on it.)

The wifi was slow and iffy. Of course they had advertised 'Free High-speed Wifi.' But if you wanted something that would download emails or open sites without a wait, then you had to pay another $5 a day. Natch! It's a Marriott. Up-charges abound!

I stayed here because I have a lot of Marriott points and travel extensively. But I will be looking for another option next time I am in the Fletcher NC area. Even if I have to drive a bit more.

Room Tip: Bring a hotspot and lots of extension cords.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
J B
Thank your sharing your comments regarding your stay with the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. We value your comments and will look into ways to solve the shortage of plugs near the bed in the suite sleeping area. We thank once again your for your visit and appreciate you sharing your experience with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We are Elite Gold members of Marriott and checked into this hotel over the weekend. The hotel is a level 4 and it certainly doesn't appear that way. We were greeted by the awful smell of pool chemicals that seemed to permeate the entire hotel. Our room was a decent size (we were not offered an upgrade) but it definitely had quite a bit of wear and tear.
The bathroom was pretty gross, so much wear and tear (see attached photographs). We couldn't believe that Marriott allowed the property to be managed so poorly. The crib arrived without bedding and we weren't given any either. The staff was pleasant enough but were not particularly interested in assisting us with our requests. It was a very disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Away from highway
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
BagLadyATL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the problems that you encountered in your guest bathroom. Our staff is currently checking all of our bathrooms to locate this problem. If you ever experience this type of problem during a visit please feel free to reach out to our staff to correct the issue. Thank you once again for bringing this problem to our attention and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

Been to Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!