Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
US$76
ClarionHotels
US$85
EconoLodge
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport(Fletcher)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$95
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport(Arden)(Great Value!)
US$146
Courtyard
  • Pool
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$109
Hotwire.com
US$245
Best Western Hendersonville Inn(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$95
All reviewsfront desksolid choiceroom was cleanroll away bedcheese omeletsanswered the phonelarge indoor pooldepending on traffictypical fairfieldrental carpancake machinequick triprestaurants in the areastory hotellocated directlyyogurtking bed
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We planned a week in Fletcher to do genealogical explorations in the area. Two people made this a wonderful location. Carolyn at the front desk knew about the area, great directions and pleasantly assisted me in using a gift card that no one in Cary NC Courtyard had a clue how to process. The day before we were scheduled to leave Fletcher, a car issue made it necessary for us to stay one more day....Scott at the front desk was great to extend our stay one more day!!!!! I would not stay anyplace other than a Marriott property!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Dinah W
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Check-in experience was efficient and pleasant. When I got into the elevator, I was appalled by the gross dirty floor mat. It caused me to wonder if the rest of the hotel and, more importantly, my room was going to be as unclean. Fortunately the room seemed clean although I used extra anti-bacterial wipes on all surfaces to be safe. When I left my keys at the front desk when I checked out, the one staff member was on the phone and was not able to demonstrate her appreciation for my business. I hope she would have handled it differently in other circumstances. It was a suitable hotel for a one-night stay on the way to the airport.

Room Tip: Select airport side of the property; highway side might have been noisy.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
FairfieldGM1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Kerry B

Thank you for your visit with the Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We do apologize for the mat being dirty in the elevator. We will ensure that this area is cleaned better throughout the day to avoid this. I do hope your had an enjoyable stay and please stop in again if your travels bring you back to the Asheville area.
Tom O’Neal
General Manger

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband booked this hotel thinking it was close to downtown Asheville and the Biltmore House, but it is in fact out near the airport. It wasn't a huge issue for us, but something worth mentioning if you're not familiar with the area. The hotel is obviously dated, but was clean and comfortable for our two night stay. The continental breakfast was great - we only ate it on the second morning and wished we had on the first morning, too! We had booked a special Biltmore House package and, upon arrival, were told that they were out of tickets and we'd have to buy them in person at the Biltmore House. We had planned ahead and the regular tickets were already sold out for the weekend (this was right before Christmas), so we were very disappointed that nobody seemed to have the tickets we had paid for as part of our package. After a bit of a heated discussion, someone at the front desk was able to contact an off-site manager who brought in our tickets. I was very thankful for their customer service and we had a lovely rest of our stay and a great weekend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hannahconrad
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Used Rewards points to stay at this hotel; Typical FF line for Marriott although this particular one is old and has not recieved the latest & greatest upgrades to public areas or sleeping rooms.

Easy access from I-26 / State 74; You have you choice of facing highway noise on the front of the hotel or Airport / plane noise on the back of the hotel. The hotel is located across the street to the Asheville airport.

Building has been painted on the outside but old design and a lot of facility furnishing/fixtures have not been changed out; Very low ceiling lobby and tends to make it dark; Large breakfast area - sitting is ample and comfortable. A little strange on the layout for the elevator entry areas on the upstairs rooms. Huge open space at each elevator; Hall ways and the elevator were extremely hot -- no ventilation and no AC running in either. Hallways are dimly lighted - a little beat up and worn.

Sleeping rooms OK but again dated and a little run down; This Marriott chain consistently lacks the comfort touches such as ample outlets and suffers from a lack of lighting; It's the bottom price range for Marriott and it shows. The room we had bent and tattered lamp shades - and those energy florescent bulbs don't help. The bed was comfortable. The linens including the towels were average.
When we checked in, the tub was up to the overflow vent with water. When I released the drain lever it emptied but the spigot would not completely turn off. It appears the cleaning staff pulled the drain closed and since it had a light stream of water leaking, it filled up. I told the front desk when I asked for extra towels but they were unimpressed and said they would let maintenance know Monday (this was Sunday night). No offer to switch the room when I told them. The running water didn't bother us so I ignored it.
Breakfast offerings were identical to all Marriott FF Inns -- reconstituted eggs, pre cooked / heated sausage, breads, oatmeal, etc. The kitchen staff was attentive and quick to replenish when needed. Clean food area and plain table/chairs.

Room Tip: check the room over including bathroom before unpacking; Make sure you are specific on extra towels -- give them a number or you'll get one group - hand towel, bath towel and wash cloth only.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Critic48
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel itself is fine. It costs about $25/night more than nearby hotels, the attraction being a shuttle from the airport. However, what they don't publicize online or on their signs at the airport is that the shuttle will take any guest anywhere within 3 miles. Great if you are the guest wanting 45 minutes at Walmart late on a Monday night. Not great if you're a woman waiting alone at the airport for 45 minutes as it empties out while said guest is at Walmart with the only driver waiting. When I asked if I could just get a cab and be reimbursed, I was told very curtly the manager will not do that, in a way that let me know I was not the only person who had experienced this. I had paid more to stay here to avoid a rental car for one night. Should have definitely gotten the rental car and stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family