“How G.”

Clarion Inn Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My experience was unforgettable. It started as a great time pulling to the convenient parking spot, which was perfect for my entrance of F. I got out of the car to the great stench of sewage. When I walked in I was shocked to smell the great aroma of urine. I was further relieved to find my king sized bed for my family of 6. We luckily got a brown and green cot later In our stay. I had a great night of sleep. I did wake up at 4:30 in the morning, tired, but ready to use the Lou. I was greatly relieved to find the coffee maker, ready for use, right by the toilet. I quickly jumped on the idea of brewing my coffee while I brewed my thick, liquidy, diarrhea in the john. Luckily, my family had fell asleep to the smell of dog poo stain on the carpet, it masked the stench of the diarrhea. Also, if you like to have pubic hairs in your drawers and a great, big family of ants in your mini fridge, this is the place for you. Finally, if your under 4 foot, don't worry, there's a peep hole for you too.

Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you love a nice family of ants in the mini fridge, you'll loooove this place. As soon as you step out of your car in the convenient parking locations, you are greeted with the pleasant scent of sewage. When you enter the room and begin your search for the coffee maker, don't waste your time! It's directly next to the crapper! You can brew some joe while you brew something in the toilet. In the night you may think you went pee pee in your jamies, don't worry though, that's just the general aroma of the room. Last but not least, in all seriousness, if you are under 4 feet tall, there is a peep hole for you! Or your dog... Either one... It's very doggy friendly. You can tell this by the poops stains on the floor.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were able to find this hotel when were were in the Asheville area, and, as other reviewers have stated, it is 3 minutes from the Asheville Airport. There is MAJOR remodeling going on in the hotel and we had a quiet, remodeled, non-smoking room. It was very nice. The complimentary breakfast was very nice, buffet style, scrambled eggs (vs. the typical hockey puck type that are disgusting!), french toast sticks, fried potatoes, yogurt, gooooood orange juice....but...where they locate the coffee urns is in the lobby area (which is fine during the day and evening, but...during breakfast they should also have urns right at the breakfast food area. We will certainly stay here again. Front desk lady who relocated from Orlando, FL (we are from FL) was very accomodating. Thank you.

Room Tip: In the rear, non-smoking room, ask for a remodeled room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I was competing in a dog agility trial at the fair grounds across the street from the airport. The Blue Ridge Agility Club holds several trials a year and negotiates a block deal with the Clarion. The Clarion is great--the hotel is clean, comfortable, and there is a great place to walk dogs on the property. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. I love staying at the Clarion, very conveniently located and an all around nice place to stay at great value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the outside have better views
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shelah B
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed two nights coming to Asheville, NC...the staff are wonderful...the shuttle driver took me to a restaurant as I had missed there dinner hour when I came in. The second night I made it to dinner hour and the server/bartender was kind and gracious. Menu is good food for a decent price...and there is a bar also. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful...I can honestly say it has been along time since I have been so wonderfully treated in this kind of a situation by all the staff...Thank-you all for your help and kindness. Rooms are plain but adequate and clean. There is a indoor heated pool but no hottub/spa.

Room Tip: If you want aroom close to airport...this is it
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank culaugh2012
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Making last minute plans on a tight budget we did a lengthy search for a decent room at a an affordable price. We choose Clarion Inn Asheville airport. It was inexpensive and very close to one of the attractions that we were in town to see. Quick, friendly check in. clean comfortable room, very nice indoor pool and a good hot breakfast. Would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank brofrito
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Rooms were spartan. Furnishings in the rooms have seen better days. It was clean with plenty of towels. The hallways are in bad need of new carpet. OK, the whole place could use new carpet and furniture. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and busy. The staff tries to do the best they can and they do work hard to clean the rooms and keep the food replenished. At $159 a night, it was pricey. I wish the hotel group that owns this location would entertain a complete hotel remodel. The location is right of I-26 at the airport and 20 minutes from downtown Asheville. Also, 15-20 mins to Hendersonville too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cogman62
William H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Your feedback is important to us to make sure every guest has the best experience possible. As we are entering our winter season, we will be undergoing extensive renovation to make sure our guests receive the best experience possible. Hope you think of us next time you are in the area to see the updates made. Thanks again for choosing Clarion Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Days Inn Asheville/Mall
Days Inn Asheville/Mall
#52 of 68 in Asheville
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport

Been to Clarion Inn Airport? Share your experiences!