“Average to Low Room but great Breakfast”

Clarion Inn Airport
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I gave this hotel an Average rating but there were definitely Very Good aspects also...
1. It is nice and clean
2. It had a wonderful breakfast...probably one of the best I have had in a hotel. Eggs, CRISP bacon, french toast sticks, breads/bagels/english muffins, yogurt, cereal, fruit, etc
BUT
Although we were told that the rooms had recently been renovated the room was definitely lacking.....towel racks (there were NONE--no place to hang any towels)....mirrors (there was 1 mirror in the bathroom but none in the main area which would have been very helpful....fan in the bathroom (though admittedly I am seeing less and less of this in each hotel) to allow it not to steam up when showering. And the lighting was VERY dim....and not only dim but also 2 of the lights were broken....with the light bulbs actually hanging upside down BELOW the lampshades.
A plus was a nice size refrigerator and microwave....but be warned....they sit on top of each other and you must be very careful when opening the microwave or it slides right off the fridge!
All in all, it is clean (huge positive), quiet (there was a dog show nearby and lots of dogs in the place and I never heard anything) and close to the sporting event I was attending as well as many restaurants.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just finished a week at the Clarion Inn near the airport in Fletcher during our annual convention for the VRCC. Check in was easy and found a large room with very good queen sized beds. The beds were very comfortable, bathroom clean and hot water plentiful. The morning buffet breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, muffins, bagels, coffee, milk, juices, etc. There was plenty to eat and they kept up with our crowd. They also opened up the restaurant for our group - this place has some remodeling going on. Good parking area and again, the staff worked hard to make our group feel welcome.

Problems - first morning, I shaved and then tried to open the sink drain, It would not pop up. Pushed the rod down a little harder and then unscrewed the plug from the top of the plastic piece so the water would go out. But somehow, the pushing of the rod disconnected the water hoses from the spigot, so turning on the water resulted in water shooting onto the floor. That was fixed by maintenance later in the day but it happened again with the sink not unplugging the next day so I stopped plugging up the sink for the rest of the week. The lamp between the beds had a defective switch and every light fixture that could have 2 bulbs only had one. There was a refrigerator in the room with brackets on top that probably meant a microwave was supposed to be there. But it wasn't.

Air conditioner worked well - a little noisy, but not too bad.

The restaurant took my order on Monday night but after an hour and a half, I gave up waiting. They said they would be better later that week. So I went back Wednesday and ordered Steak Oscar. It was great. Good meat, nice sauteed veggies and it was served within 15 minutes. They are now recommended.

The location is on a very busy street. Turning left out of the parking lot is pretty difficult so don't plan on doing that much. Better to go right then to u-turn somewhere after I-26.

I liked the Clarion Inn - I do think it might be overpriced for it's current state. No hot tub but an inside and an outside pool. You can get drinks there but have to buy tickets a the front desk to use in the bar - something about their lack of a proper license to sell directly in the bar, I think.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We booked the entire hotel for an event. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that everyone in attendance was satisfied! The food for the banquet was fabulous and the accommodations were wonderful! The newly remodeled hotel did more than meet our expectations! We will definitely keep them in mind for a future event!

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My experience was unforgettable. It started as a great time pulling to the convenient parking spot, which was perfect for my entrance of F. I got out of the car to the great stench of sewage. When I walked in I was shocked to smell the great aroma of urine. I was further relieved to find my king sized bed for my family of 6. We luckily got a brown and green cot later In our stay. I had a great night of sleep. I did wake up at 4:30 in the morning, tired, but ready to use the Lou. I was greatly relieved to find the coffee maker, ready for use, right by the toilet. I quickly jumped on the idea of brewing my coffee while I brewed my thick, liquidy, diarrhea in the john. Luckily, my family had fell asleep to the smell of dog poo stain on the carpet, it masked the stench of the diarrhea. Also, if you like to have pubic hairs in your drawers and a great, big family of ants in your mini fridge, this is the place for you. Finally, if your under 4 foot, don't worry, there's a peep hole for you too.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you love a nice family of ants in the mini fridge, you'll loooove this place. As soon as you step out of your car in the convenient parking locations, you are greeted with the pleasant scent of sewage. When you enter the room and begin your search for the coffee maker, don't waste your time! It's directly next to the crapper! You can brew some joe while you brew something in the toilet. In the night you may think you went pee pee in your jamies, don't worry though, that's just the general aroma of the room. Last but not least, in all seriousness, if you are under 4 feet tall, there is a peep hole for you! Or your dog... Either one... It's very doggy friendly. You can tell this by the poops stains on the floor.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were able to find this hotel when were were in the Asheville area, and, as other reviewers have stated, it is 3 minutes from the Asheville Airport. There is MAJOR remodeling going on in the hotel and we had a quiet, remodeled, non-smoking room. It was very nice. The complimentary breakfast was very nice, buffet style, scrambled eggs (vs. the typical hockey puck type that are disgusting!), french toast sticks, fried potatoes, yogurt, gooooood orange juice....but...where they locate the coffee urns is in the lobby area (which is fine during the day and evening, but...during breakfast they should also have urns right at the breakfast food area. We will certainly stay here again. Front desk lady who relocated from Orlando, FL (we are from FL) was very accomodating. Thank you.

Room Tip: In the rear, non-smoking room, ask for a remodeled room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I was competing in a dog agility trial at the fair grounds across the street from the airport. The Blue Ridge Agility Club holds several trials a year and negotiates a block deal with the Clarion. The Clarion is great--the hotel is clean, comfortable, and there is a great place to walk dogs on the property. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. I love staying at the Clarion, very conveniently located and an all around nice place to stay at great value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the outside have better views
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shelah B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
#49 of 66 in Asheville
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Clarion Inn Airport? Share your experiences!