“great location, work in progress”

Clarion Inn Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Sarasota, Florida
“great location, work in progress”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is a great location to get to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Ashville and places like Sliding Rock. The kids LOVED both the indoor and outdoor pools. There is major construction on the 2nd floor but you can't hear any of it in your room and you may not even be aware of it. I hope the new construction includes a new laundry room for guests as the closet used now is much to be desired. The ant thing is true and I know they are working on it. They appear to be coming in through the air conditioning units and I hope they are related to the construction but they do need to get a handle on it. We planned to stay one night but the kids enjoyed and the location was great so we stayed another night. It was clean and the beds were really comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Amy M, General Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you so much for providing us with encouraging feedback! Everything we do, we do with our guests in mind. We strive to make your stay the most comfortable and accommodating as possible. Our renovations are almost complete, we have one more hallway upstairs to finish. I am so happy your kids enjoyed the pools and our location was an easy convienence for you. We hope you come back and stay with us for another wonderful night!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Clarion gave us a one night stay when our flight to Newark was delayed. Thoroughly enjoyed the outside pool. Breakfast was good with various hot food options. The beds were comfortable. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: All three of our ground floor rooms were fine. No external or internal hotel noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Amy M, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful and detailed review. Nothing can compare to the feedback you provided us with so we can make the proper adjustments to make your future stays more superior. We are so glad you had a great dinner, a great night's sleep, and a great breakfast in the morning! Please come back and stay with us again!
Debary
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here one night while traveling from Fl. to Ky. Location is excellent. The second floor is still undergoing renovation, but we weren't bothered by any noise on the first floor.
The room was spacious, bed was comfortable, everything was clean. The biggest drawback was the bathroom. It appeared they hadn't finished remodeling this, as there were holes where the towel bars should have been. Also, we apparently had a handicapped room, as the tub had a fold-down bench and multiple handrails.
This wouldn't have been a problem except there was absolutely no place to sit any toiletries or towels. There was just a wall-mounted sink, no vanity area. We solved this by setting up the ironing board in the bathroom to put our toiletries and towels on. Hopefully, they will resolve this soon. I don't understand why they're putting customers in rooms that aren't finished.
There was a fridge and microwave in the room, as well as several chairs.
The breakfast buffet was really good, with a very large selection of hot and cold items and juices. Both bacon and sausage were offered. It was ample enough that we didn't need to stop for lunch that day!
We also really appreciated the on-site restaurant. We were tired and didn't feel like getting back in the car to find a place to eat, so this really was great. They give you a 20% discount in the restaurant if you're staying in the hotel, so it was a terrific deal. I had a fabulous french dip sandwich with garlic mashed potatoes and with the discount it was $7.20!!! Their beer and wine prices were very reasonable also.
We would definitely stay here again, but hope that the bathroom issues are resolved by our next trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing the Clarion Inn Asheville Airport. We truely value your opinions and feedback regarding your recent stay. We strive daily to ensure that our guests feel right at home from the minute they walk through the door. We hope that you will come back and see and us again soon. Thank you again for the kind words. I will be sure to share them with my staff. Thank you for being our guest.
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is typical--clean, good service, etc. The location gives it a 4-star rating. It's within blocks of a large shopping center, plenty of restaurants and eateries, gas, the airport, and the Agriculture Center we were visiting for a show. So convenient! The room itself is like so many others with the usual amenities. A slight inconvenience is having to unplug the TV to use the microwave due to lack of wall outlets. Also, the bathroom has the "table" style vanity which looks nice, but has no place to hang your hand towel and the toilet paper sits on a shelf. The complimentary breakfast buffet was decent with both hot and cold foods, fruit, breads, etc. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback allows us to better serve you as well as our other guests. I am glad that our location was the most convienent to you. We strive daily to ensure that we provide our guests with a clean, comfortable room. We hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future. Thank you for being our guest.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed for a week after my father died, and they were very nice, but our room had ants! They came in our room and sprayed three different days, but we kept getting the ants. We had to get all new bedding b/c of the ants in the bed. It was hard to sleep b/c the a/c unit didn't get very cold and it did not cut the humidity very much, so we were always warm and humid. And I don't know what they thought they were putting on the bed as a comforter. It was a white sheet! The top covering was a plain white sheet! Under the white sheet , was one of those thin old style white bed spreads. I asked for an extra blanket and got some thick wool fitted mattress cover with black hairs all over it. Gross! Beds need comforters!!! The free breakfast had no healthy protein, so unless you can eat hot sausage, greasy bacon, and eggs, there is no protein for breakfast. On the bright side, they were on time with airport shuttle, and the staff was quite friendly.

1 Thank labix
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay with us. As you know, we are currently under renovation to upgrade our rooms. With this renovation, we will be able to provide our guests with quite a few new amenities as well as new carpet in rooms and corridors. I do hate that you did not enjoy our breakfast. Maybe you could give us a few ideas on what you would rather eat in the morning. Feel free to contact the hotel directly! Your opinions are vital to our success. We all hope to see you again some time!
Reviewed 11 August 2014

What a disappointing experience this was! Upon arrival, very clumsy and unfriendly handling of change in pet policy (I booked under a pet-friendly policy using a dog show group code; but policy has since changed). Then, keys didn't work, so I had to put dog and luggage back in car and return to front desk for another unfriendly customer service experience. When I actually got into the room, the security bar for the door was missing, there was no soap, the drain in the sink was broken, the cable tv didn't work, and the AC didn't work. I called to request soap and was informed that they had none on the premises! For ~$80/night, one might expect a bar of soap. I had to suggest that problem-solving skills might enable them to sent a staff person to buy more soap for their guests until their regular supply arrived. My room was on the ground floor and close to 2 exterior entrances. When I took the dog out at 1am, I was not pleased to discover that none of the exterior doors lock as posted. Anyone could have walked in. Pet policy or not, so glad I had my massive dog with me.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lyndie C
Thank you very much for your honest review. I am so terribly sorry that we were not able to provide you with the services you needed. I can assure you that I have addressed these issues with my staff so that it does not happen again. I apologize that we fell short in providing you with over the top hospitality. It is our fault that third party websites are still showing "pet-friendly", however as much as we love our four-legged guests, we must say no in order to keep our renovations in good condition. Thank you for your feedback. It is so very vital to the success of our business. Thank you for being our guest and I do hope that you will come back and see us in the near future to give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Darien, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is convenient to the airport and about 15 miles from Downtown Asheville. The hotel
has a nice pool and very good breakfast. However, the hotel has been haphazardly remodeled. For example our room had new carpet and nice bedding; however the bathroom needed remodeled. The door of the hotel room looked like it belonged to the 1980 era. Not what I would consider a three star hotel. More like a 2 1/2 star property.

1 Thank Darientraveler
I want to first thank you for choosing us to stay during your visit here to Asheville, NC. Secondly, I want to apologize for the shortcomings that you felt while here in our hotel, This is not the norm for us, and we arecertain that after our renovations, you would be much more cozy. I can assure you and all of our future guests, there is no danger in staying with us. We have all of the proper permits and signage in place to protect our people from the construction area. Please, I ask that you give us another chance when you are back in the area and feel free to call me directly when you do. We all hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Super 8 Asheville Airport

Been to Clarion Inn Airport? Share your experiences!