“My stay was very un-enjoyable”

Clarion Inn Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed 26 February 2010

The people here at this hotel were great in itself, no question about it. There was one major problem though and it seemed as if this was a reoccurring problem. There was not hott water in the enitre hotel, or at least half. This to me, as well as many others, is very displeasing! On top of that, the heat in my room never got above about 36 degrees. I was freezing the entire night. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Airport

Reviewed 16 December 2009

Stayed just for an overnite for the Biltmore House tour. Hotel clerk gave us new way to get to Biltmore which was super easy. It was about 15 min from Biltmore. can almost walk to airport. Plenty of other places to eat nearby. The lobby was attractive but am sorry I wasnt able to have the buffet breakfast. Restauraunt looked inviting. Rooms very clean.
Definitely a keeper.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2009

we arrived at this hotel after leaving the qualty inn and suites in hendersonville.. as soon as we walked in i noticed the difference the staff was very friendly and helpful..when we got in our room it was very clean with lots of room the only problem i had with the room was they put the ice bucket in the bathroom which is why i did not give it a perfect score on cleanliness.. we ate in the restaurant and had a few drinks at the lounge all the staff was willing to answer your questions and even gave us directions around the mud slide on the blue ridge park way.. i have no doubt that we will be back

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2009

My stay at this hotel was absolutely perfect. The Front Desk staff were amazing!! They were very helpful and picked me and my husband up from the airport in a timely fashion. Check in was a breeze. Our room overlooked the courtyard and was the cleanest I have seen. We stayed for 5 nights, and ate in the restaurant on several occassions. The restaurant and lounge staff were superb. I will always stay at this hotel when I travel to Asheville!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2008

This hotel was one of several in the Biltmore package group. We chose it mainly because of the overall package and the price.

It's not a bad place...we were quite comfortable during our 5 day stay. We had a king room (they called it a suite), which included a pull out sofa and a mini-fridge. During our stay, however, they switched out the sofa for an easy chair and ottoman. No big deal, since there was just two of us.

The carpet, drapes, bed linens and towels looked new. The carpet in the hallway also looked new. The room was clean when we got there, and the housekeeping staff did a good job keeping it clean during our stay. Other areas in the hotel - halls, stairs and public areas - were also clean and well-kept.

The room was spacious enough, as was the bathroom. Lots of counter space in the bathroom.

The hostess in the restaurant, who also served as the only waitress, was pleasant and helpful when asked about local attractions. The front desk supervisor (Chris) was also helpful when we needed to find a local Rite Aid store for a forgotten prescription.

I guess the only complaints we had were that there was no elevator and we were on the 2nd floor, and that the pool heater apparently went bad. The pool was very warm the first time we used it, but cold the second time we tried.

You are about a 20-minute drive from Biltmore Estates and downtown Asheville here, and right off I-26. We did notice some traffic noise, but not enough to be of concern.

All in all, not a bad choice for us.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2008

Spent one night in this hotel and enjoyed it pretty well. Our room was nice and clean and quite comfortable. The staff I dealt with was plenty friendly. It was a slight disappointment that the indoor pool was being worked on so it was closed. The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from downtown Asheville, but there are a ton of restaurants and stores around the hotel, so you don't really need to go into Asheville if you don't have to.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 September 2008

I booked the Murphy Bed Suite for 3 days, and it was Great! The suite was the size of two normal rooms. It had 3 sinks, 1 bath, a kitchen and wet bar. Also had a dining table and a couch. Lots of space in the room and hallways for my 2-year old to run around. The service was great and quick., and the rooms were clean. The food was pretty good too. I'll definately be staying here again next time I go to Asheville. It had a good location, not far from anywhere with shopping and restaurants all around.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

Been to Clarion Inn Airport? Share your experiences!