“Great hotel, comfortable, clean, classy”

Clarion Inn Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I don't know why there are so many bad reviews. This is a great hotel! The room was comfortable and well equipped for the traveller (iron, ironing board, hair dryer, wifi). The bed was great; nice linens, comfortable mattress. The hotel has two beautiful pools, one inside and one outside. Nice exercize room. Helpful staff. Ample, well-lit parking. There is also a restaurant and bar on the premises, but I didn't have the opportunity to try those out. There are plenty of other restaurants right near by. I checked prices at nearby hotels (Hampton, Days Inn, even a Comfort Inn) and I got as good a price at this Clarion. I definitely feel like I made the right choice, and will return again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Airport

Reviewed 26 August 2010

On the plus side, you can't get any closer to the Asheville airport. Likewise, the hotel is convenient to gas stations, restaurants and stores. The clerk was pleasant at check-in and the manager left me a welcome note with a free drink card enclosed.

I have to issue major demerits for the strong odor of disinfectant and whatever it was covering up not-so-effectively. The hallways smelled and the room reeked. The building is old. You know a place with a clothes bar instead of a closet is vintage 60's-70's.

We did not avail ourselves of much except the bed since this was a pre-flight stay.

I do not have much to complain about. Just the smell.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2010

The hotel looks like nothing from the out side but when you enter the lobby youare pleasently supprised. Indooor and out door pools. Small exercise room but the rooms are spacious and because I was staying a week I asked for a refrigator for free.They keep the room very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdvidTraveler
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Stayed over for one night and found the accomodations to be on par with the cost. Not Five Star, but certainly above the road-side roach hotels for less money.The staff was courteous and helpful, the lobby was inviting, and the rooms were clean and modern.
The only drawback we had was the lack of a "complimentary breakfast" most other places offer. I was not expecting eggs and bacon, but a light offering of cereal, toast or muffins would have been a big plus. Especially when trying to motivate two teen travelers back into the car at 07:00 in the morning.
Overall it was a good experience though.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Stayed one night, room was fabulous. Beth checked me in at the front desk, and was extremely warm and courteous. Upon check-in I was given a coupon for 6.95 off of the adjoining restaurant for breakfast.

Lauren was the waitress, very attentive and well-poised, however the bill WITH COUPON was over 9 dollars out of my pocket. You will save money to not eat there - just down the road is an IHOP and other eateries. Save your shekels.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MrTrumpetGuy
Reviewed 29 April 2010

With all but 12 rooms booked in this hotel by our group you would think they'd have more than one check-in clerk available. The maintenance worker couldn't wait until his shift was over and he refused to help. We booked a double queen room and was given a single queen and pull out queen sleeper sofa. When we got to the room, we had only one bed and a chair. No sleeper sofa. When I asked the maintenance worker about the other bed he brought me soap. 4 bars of soap. The towels contained hair samples from the previous user. There’s no elevator, breakfast is expensive, rooms are small and service scarce. The lighting was very minimal, (we had to remove the shades to get enough light),only one small trash can for the entire room, the electrical outlets didn’t work, the TV remote was broken, the alarm clock didn’t work and room service never called with a wake-up call. And the attached hotel bar, no thanks. Swimming pool? My teens refused to enter the pool area. Disgusting was how they described it. Very dissatisfied. We will not return.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank aclowe01
Reviewed 26 February 2010

The people here at this hotel were great in itself, no question about it. There was one major problem though and it seemed as if this was a reoccurring problem. There was not hott water in the enitre hotel, or at least half. This to me, as well as many others, is very displeasing! On top of that, the heat in my room never got above about 36 degrees. I was freezing the entire night. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Asheville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26
Fairfield Inn Asheville Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

Been to Clarion Inn Airport? Share your experiences!