“Average is the best I can do!”
Review of Wildwood Grill

Wildwood Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Good for: View
Palm Bay, Florida
“Average is the best I can do!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Compared to the restaurant in the lodge I am rating this high at "average". I stayed at fontana while my husband rode his motorcycle through the local area and I wanted a relaxing sun soaked pool day. I wanted a sandwich or something I could take to the room and have a small bite to eat before I laid in the sun at the pool. Well, this is not possible in Fontana. I ended up with appetizer of wings which were...average. We ate our 2nd nights supper here since the 1st night at the lodge restaurant was a disaster. I had a chicken sandwich and it was at least hot with ff that were warm. My husband tried a cheeseburger and it too was hot so that part was a plus! Not sure about the pizza but at lunch and dinner they were really pushing it. Service was good. Sure would be nice to be able to get a fresh made sub and some chips for a quick lunch. You could make a fortune!

Visited June 2014
FontanaVillage, Guest Relations Manager at Wildwood Grill, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. The menu is always being updated to fit our guest’s needs and requests. We will be sure to use your suggestions when we are making these changes. We hope your husband enjoyed his time on his motorcycle.

We hope to see you back in the future.

Colorado Springs
“Friendly service, disappointing food”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The service here is so warm, welcoming and friendly. The setting is relaxing - I love the broad porch, ceiling fans and sweeping views. The food here, frankly, stinks. We tried the salad bar, ordering fried chicken on the side. Our waitress brings out two plates of chicken fingers that look like they were microwaved from a box and told us those plates were our salad plates, too. We couldn't suppress our laughter. I hate to slam this place because it really is relaxing and friendly, but the food is downright laughable.

• Visited June 2014
FontanaVillage, Guest Relations Manager at Wildwood Grill, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We try to make sure everyone that visits has a great experience and we apologize if your experience was not what you had hoped for. Please know that your feedback is very useful and we will use it as we make changes. We are pleased that you enjoyed the area while dining with us.

We hope you find time to give us another try.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Okay for lunch or a quick bite”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Beautiful setting and great servers but the food is only average. My grilled cheese was obviously made with cheese from a squeeze bottle or Cheese Whiz.
All sandwiches are made on buns as they do not have any sliced bread.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ray Z
FontanaVillage, Guest Relations Manager at Wildwood Grill, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy that you enjoyed the atmosphere and our servers! We have a great staff and are happy that you noticed! We always appreciate feedback that we can use in our menu planning. We strive to ensure everyone has a positive experience while dining with us and if yours was anything less than what you expected we apologize.

We will use your feedback as we evaluate menu items! We hope to see you back again!
Knoxville, Tennessee
“OK lunch, and not much of a choice in the area..”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were going to drive the 'Dragon" and then loop to the Cherahola skyway, and back to Loudon Tn. It would be lunchtime in Fontana, so based on limited options and a nice looking porch at the Wildwood Grill, we decided eat here.

The porch is, in fact, nice, but it overlooks a parking lot. The pictures don't show the view, but we had hoped for a more scenic view.

The food was ok, with a limited menu. We started with onion rings, which came out of a bag, and were just fair. We had brisket sandwiches which were smokey tasting and good, and good fries.

Basic food, peaceful surroundings, ok for what it is....

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate you stopping in to visit us while out riding the roads! The Grill menu has and is a work in progress, so we always appreciate feedback that we can use as we make changes. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the menu as well as the atmosphere. We strive to ensure everyone has a positive experience while dining with us and we hope to see you back again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“ok food, should have more selections”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

When I first bought my time share at Fontana, they had a buffet restaurant, a grill, and the upscale restaurant and an ice cream parlor, now, in the winter, there is the grill and sometimes only the upscale restaurant. Now, I understand that in the winter, they can sometimes be half empty, which is why I go there for cell phone free quiet. (There is wifi in the hotel lobby and the tail of the Dragon grill and gas station.) So no laptops, or cell phones, etc in most of the resort, Take your tech addicts here and drive them crazy! But, I digress. The upscale restaurant is fine, but expensive, so families cannot afford it. The buffet restaurant had a tree damage it, and the resort let the building rot, and finally tore it down. The grill, when it is open, has typical hamburgers, salads, pizza, chicken tenders, etc. But Fontana really needs to add a low cost, restaurant with meat and vegetables, that is affordable, and open all year.

• Visited December 2013
FontanaVillage, Guest Relations Manager at Wildwood Grill, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you again for your feedback from your visit. We appreciate the constructive comments that you have shared with us. These will be taken into consideration as we plan. The winter can be difficult for us when planning and we have to adjust our operations accordingly. Some winters are brutal and make standard operating more difficult. Then there are winter’s that are more cooperative. So we definitely like to hear what our guests have to say!

We appreciate your loyalty to us and hope your next visit exceeds your expectations!