We recently stayed in a lodge fire place room on this property. The area is beautiful and perhaps during the "season" there is much more to this place, but I was not impressed with the room or dining facility at all. We asked for a fire place room, then had to ask for fire wood. The first bundle is on them, then you pay $3.00 for each additional bundle. They will deliver or you can buy it at the general store. There is no fridge or coffee maker, yet there was plenty of room for both. There was ONE hanger! The bathroom was EXTREMELY small. The shower and toilet are in the closet together. You have to step in to the shower to shut the door to the small room. The sink is outside of the bathroom. The bed was not very comfortable, but the pillows were nice and plenty of them. There was a blanket on the shelf where the hanger was located. I was afraid to use it. It felt like rubber. The rooms have very thin walls. You could hear your neighbors upstairs and next door.
We may try to stay here in a cabin next time. As mentioned before the area is beautiful, but the Fontana Village needs some TLC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam