My husband and I decided we needed a quick week-end getaway so we headed to the Fontana Village Resort. If you love driving wonderful, curvy roads (the Dragon is the best in the US), floating peacefully on a huge, yet quiet lake, fishing, hiking, swimming, and plain old relaxation on your room balcony, you will love this resort. We stayed in the main lodge. The room was large, nicely decorated and quiet. We had a TV in the room but never turned it on so I have no idea what stations they may carry. We were a bit concerned about the meals since the town is not loaded with restaurants and the reviews we had read were not great. Well, let me tell you things have changed. The restaurant has a manager who knows how to please the hotel guests. We ate all our meals at the lodge and the food and the service was very good. I am attaching photos of our trout dinners. They tasted as great as they look. If you can't bear life without the internet, they do have wifi in the lobby. We would recommend this resort for singles, couples, families, young, old, week end get aways, or week long get aways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam